Login

russian armor

retreat modifiers

16 May 2014, 18:04 PM

... oh ... you mean the Tiger ace....

Sure. Tone that down too.
28 May 2014, 01:28 AM

Why shouldn't/wouldn't it roast infantry on retreat? If you've over-extended and have set up poor defenses or left a gren/pgren/MG etc etc left alone too far forward, it's your fault and only your fault. Don't send one squad half across the map unsupported in the late game.

When you hit retreat, the units pick up their shit and run like hell back to base. Why should you get any sort of modifier to prevent them from dying when literally they just have their backs to the enemy and are taking a good deal of fire. I never thought once when I would have a squad chased down by any sort of vehicle or infantry that it was bullshit they died on retreat.

Yeah the KV-8 kills infantry super quick and that vet 3 squad died on retreat in like 4 seconds but look at those screens, it was in cover, hit retreat into negative cover. It's a fucking tank that shoots flames, it's gonna kill shit fast.

tl:dr get tanks, AT guns and plant mines. In my opinion it's only your fault if you lose a squad on retreat, whether it be you waited too long, were unsupported or just far too deep in enemy lines.

You're not getting it. In this game, forcing a retreat is a victory in itself. You stopped your opponent's advance, and will probably gain territory or VPs as a result. Just because you're KV-8 bumps into an enemy squad doesn't mean you're entitled to a squad wipe. You say "don't over-extend your forces". Yeah okay, I'll make sure to send a Panther along with every squad group I send out into the field.

Like I said earlier, reduce the max speed of the tank and the problem is solved. If the enemy doesn't retreat they'll get toasted, and if they do retreat then your tank did its job. If you don't believe me when I say the tank is too fast, check it out while its on a road. It moves the same speed as retreating infantry so there is no escape. I know that there is a speed the tank could travel that makes it fast enough to catch non-retreating infantry, but not able to keep up with retreating infantry.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 87
Germany 2
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak