Login

russian armor

1v1 Tips for Semoskiy

8 May 2014, 17:37 PM

I guess the main problem is holding your munitions because a T-34 will always come out quicker than your Pz IV. But if you focus the munitions you will lose your fuel which gives the opponent a huge advantage if he can hold 2 fuel points or just prevent you from holding yours.

Even if you don't use any rifle grenades you just can't afford schrecks early enough because you need minesweepers and medic bunker.

Other tips other than unticking this map?
8 May 2014, 18:28 PM

Hold the middle, make a mortar. If you have the middle, you can punish moves towards your fuel by taking the cutoffs. From the middle of the map you should also be able to quickly relocate the mortar and shell squads that are harassing your muni, making it easier to send 1 gren and win a 1 vs 1 engagement.

I agree it is very hard to get munis on this map as ostheer, I end up making a muni OP on my cutoff or going for the commander with the blitz truck.

S-fields or a bunker are both good choices for protecting your muni and the cutoff, but if you make a bunker be sure to lay wire so it can't be easily flanked.
10 May 2014, 01:23 AM

Pretty much as above, hold the middle and branch out from there. Currently imo this map is soviet favoured as cons/shocks have plenty of shot blockers/cover to close the gap. I'd suggest a heavy t1 and a doctrine that has the Tiger. You can expect to face 5-6 enemy infantry squads+engineers, so keep that in mind.

Once you get into the mid game proper, things ease up for Germans if your early game was solid.

Or just veto the map for now.
10 May 2014, 05:53 AM

Permanently Banned
you need two point to hold, then you will probably win, the middle vp and the overer part, so enemy wont pass the middle territory, and the point where was the fuel previous patches, if you got these, you will have ammo too. The fuel doesnot important, instead go for cutoff. :S

top side.
I never capture the fuel, cuz i dont need it, with first engineer build t1 then go for wire the passes at enemy fuel, first behind the muni one, then first gren goes to help pio, rest of your units goes to middle.

lower side: cap the fuel and go everything to the middle, control the church and the house forward the church, then go for cutoff, and get the enemies ammo. Expect that you will be attacked behind, so use S minefields at the crossroads.
(btw playing on lower side is so much harder i think)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★