Login

russian armor

CoH2 Idea: Stonewall Game Mode

8 May 2014, 13:19 PM

Hey you guys remember the Stonewall game mode from Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor?

What do you think about adding this to CoH2?

For People who don t know what stonewall was:
http://companyofheroes.wikia.com/wiki/Company_of_Heroes:_Tales_of_Valor
Operations
◾Stonewall: 4 players are the defenders of a small town, defending against 16 waves of enemy attacks. Allies players face waves of Axis attacks progressing from a small band of Volksgrenadier Squad to the mighty Tiger tanks; Axis players defend against waves ranging from Riflemen Squad to M26 Pershing tanks. There are always four critical buildings in the town: the Church, that automatically heals units next to it; the Garage that repairs all allies' vehicles; the bank that gives a boost in manpower; and finally the Manor that gives an increase in population cap. The 4 players must work together as a team in order to defend the town.

I know we have something similar in the TOW missions but it would be nice to have a real great mode of this that include all 4 factions(Ostherr, Westheer, Soviets, USA) together in a Stonewall allies vs Axis mode against cpu.
8 May 2014, 16:57 PM

Permanently Banned
they should make a dota version of coh2, you control only one unit like a grenadiers or pggren etc then you know the rest if you playd dota.....
9 May 2014, 03:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 May 2014, 16:57 PMakosi
they should make a dota version of coh2, you control only one unit like a grenadiers or pggren etc then you know the rest if you playd dota.....

Which was boring like fuck, at least in ToV
9 May 2014, 04:41 AM

Which was boring like fuck, at least in ToV

Imo it was poorly designed: no lanes, only up to 3v3 not 5v5. I guess with true sight it could become better? I didn't play it much though in coh 1 cause it was very difficult to find a game.
9 May 2014, 04:54 AM

It wasn't boring, it was just badly designed because all everyone would do was ranger / stormtrooper spam and then run along the top/bottom. Some heroes like the bike were worthless. They also didn't code any AI, so if someone dropped then you were absolutely fucked.
9 May 2014, 06:05 AM

Permanently Banned
yeah it was bad designed, but i think they could make something like Dota. :S
9 May 2014, 08:00 AM

Tales of Valor for the original CoH tried to do a lot of things but in the end it wasn't given a great deal of attention in development and in the end it just split the player base a bit and you really could never get an online game a couple of months after launch. I actually loved panzerkreig, was awesome fun.

A stonewall mode however would be okay for CoH2 as it pretty much puts all the skirmish players on the same page. If you look at 75% of the custom maps made for CoH2 so far they try to simulate a defense mission. Perhaps someone could script something into custom maps so they could make maps like this?
9 May 2014, 08:17 AM

Pleas, god no, this type of gameplay is the main reason for degeneration and lack of quality RTS games nowadays.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★