Login

russian armor

Ways to play '' Soviet Industry''

7 May 2014, 10:40 AM

I know people see this doctrine as OP but I don't really much experience with it and I'm really struggling with it. It is really good early game as you can roll out T70's or M5's to support your teammate but mid-late game, I always run short of MP because of the nature of the doctrine.

Should I bank MP before activating it? AHould I get it from the start?

I usually go T2 and get support weapons to compliment my teammate's con/sniper/guard/penal start. We do really great early game with this tandem up until I get my first few 2-4 tanks out. I know I need to work on micro and all that but after losing half-all of my armors, everything falls apart. I usually go with T3 to compliment my partners T4 but I really think we should switch.

Any gaming tips for this pretty commander?
Neo
7 May 2014, 10:53 AM

Go 3-4 cons + molotov.

You can build T2 just in case since your partner is going T1, but don't produce anything out of it unless you really need a mortar/mg. Don't produce AT guns - they cost too much MP to be used effectively with Windustry.

Build T3 as soon as you have the fuel for the building - this helps you get the extra CP you need to start getting more fuel.

Never build more than 1 T70 and/or M5. They seem great early on but lose their value later in the game.

Use your T70 to destroy enemy paks, scout cars, halftracks etc. in that order. Focus on eliminating Paks first and recrew them with your cons if you can.

Build your first T34 as soon as you can and use it together with your buddy's SU85s against enemy P4s/heavy armor.

If you've been dominating the fuel, get a KV8 as soon as you can and focus on wiping as many squads as you can.

Don't bother with KV2, it's not worth it.

With this doctrine infantry unit preservation is crucial, do not lose any cons in the early game. Losing a tank or two is not a big deal if you make it pay by killing enough enemy stuff.

Finally, Windustry works better on open maps with flanking/roaming opportunities like Moscow Outskirts, Rails and Metal etc.. Don't even try to use it on maps like Semoisky Summer, Minsk Pocket etc.

7 May 2014, 15:03 PM

When I play around with this commander, I go T2 and keep getting units until around 4 CPs, then I start saving manpower and tech to T4. I usually get one SU-76 before I activate the commander to continue banking MP. Now from here on its how competitive do you want to go, For ultimate fun and troll just keep cranking out SU-76 and use them in mass to barrage stuff. For competitive get out 1-2 SU-85 and a KV-8
7 May 2014, 15:42 PM

SU85 and KV8 can be pretty fun with Industry, and you can throw in a Katushka for some indirect fire. T4 suits more a stationary play style, which works well with the repair stations imo, just have them a little back from your lines so they are protected.

T3 (T34 spam) feels a little too easy to counter as several packs really locks you out. Unles you are amazingly good at combining with your team mates forces.

T4 and KV8 is a brutal combination. But Ive used it more in 4v4, not sure about 2v2 as much.
8 May 2014, 21:15 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 11

I use this doctrine very often, and here is what I suggest:

Build T2 right away, get 2-3 MGs, 1-2 mortars, 1 AT gun. Don't be too aggressive, work with your partner to creep up on your enemy. The key is to avoid unit losses, which can be difficult with poor MG micro. If you micro MGs right, they'll be hard to rout from their positions. I like getting mortars because they stay behind and typically take less casualties. It is important to make good decisions with manpower, and do your best to avoid losing too many units/models.

Build T3 as soon as you have the fuel. I often like making my first purchase a M5 and upgrade to quad track. It is more useful than a T70, does comparable (and sometimes better) damage, and can help you reinforce. DONT LOSE IT. The downside to this unit is its high manpower/muni cost. Replacing it offsets the delicate balance of manpower to fuel for this doctrine.

This point is crucial - transition to late game. You MUST keep your infantry safe and alive, and avoid losses (Retreat early if you have to). Start stockpiling T34s. The advantage to this doctrine is stockpiling tanks and then overwhelming your enemy. Losing them 1 at a time shuts this down.

The KV2 is actually incredibly useful, and anyone who says otherwise is missing out. If the game is tight, and you're having trouble, a KV2 in siege mode will serve as an anchor for your front line, and allow you to chase off all incoming infantry. The KV2 is very effective vs tanks now, but it cannot hit them well while in siege mode if the enemy tank is moving. You must mine the flanks, and protect it from units getting close. I have won countless team games by hunkering down a KV2 near 2 VPs and bleeding my enemy of infantry and manpower.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

South Africa 7
Germany 638

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment