Login

russian armor

xxCompany Of Cowardsxx 27 maps

5 May 2014, 10:09 AM

Well i can not make 27 posts so i made this with the link that you can find my maps.
Some of them are from coh 1 and also some of them you can find it more than one time with different atmosphere's.
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198089993685/myworkshopfiles/?appid=231430
5 May 2014, 11:30 AM

Permanently Banned
maybe you should add a few eye candy to the maps before making new ones, my self opinion :P
6 May 2014, 07:05 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 May 2014, 11:30 AMakosi
maybe you should add a few eye candy to the maps before making new ones, my self opinion :P

You mean to upload photos for the maps that i already have done or for the maps that i am still working?If you mean for the maps i have upload there is photo in workshop in steam.Also i made some videos so anybody who wants can see the map better and the atmosphere.
6 May 2014, 08:14 AM

Permanently Banned
i meant probably the only coh1 maps are "finished", but this was the first map i checked, http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=221032028 .... and if you see it is very poor in details.
6 May 2014, 11:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 May 2014, 08:14 AMakosi
i meant probably the only coh1 maps are "finished", but this was the first map i checked, http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=221032028 .... and if you see it is very poor in details.

I am making maps just for fun and share it with others.Yeah i know that some and especially my first maps are poor.I don't want relic to hire me.I don't care about downloads (just to know i count over 250000 and no i didn't press the 0 by mistake)or to be the best one.I have seen maps that really is so bad that you need to visit your eyedoctor after playing them and take a pill cause you get dizzy but everybody comments "gooood" "nice" or whatever.I cann't understand why people always find something negative to me and don't see other things.Like the gameplay or the atmosphere or whatever.I won't tell you check the comments here or there or how the people call me.I become member here cause i want it to send a message to OnkelSam and i just put the link for anyone that want to download more maps.As i wrote i don't look for downloads or fans.I have my own fans that support me.But if in this site all you get is negative attitude maybe i shouldn't become member.
6 May 2014, 12:21 PM
Patrion 14

It's just Akosi xxcompanyofcowardsxx, we appreciate the work you've put in all these maps , thanks for sharing them !
6 May 2014, 12:39 PM

Wow, looks really good!
6 May 2014, 12:45 PM

It's just Akosi xxcompanyofcowardsxx, we appreciate the work you've put in all these maps , thanks for sharing them !

Thanks a lot to both of you.(you and Casparitus).Means a lot.But you know when some others find "problems" that don't exist,don't make you feel welcome.
6 May 2014, 12:52 PM
Patrion 14

Ofcourse, that's understandable, but you are very welcome sir, we always appreciate the hard work made by mappers :) Hell if you were around a bit earlier, you could've participated in my map making contest !
6 May 2014, 13:35 PM

Ofcourse, that's understandable, but you are very welcome sir, we always appreciate the hard work made by mappers :) Hell if you were around a bit earlier, you could've participated in my map making contest !

Well many times people told me to participate in map contest but i never think about it.Besides as i have seen most of the maps in contest's are small, i mean 1vs1 or 2vs2 and i create large maps.By the way i wrote to OnkelSam but i don't know if i send right my message.I open OS profile i choose "SEND A PM" and i create one.Did i send it right?
9 May 2014, 20:35 PM

"Negative" feedback really isn't bad.. It helps push your map designs further. What Akosi could have done was give specific feedback on what type of detail he would like to see on your map(s) and possibly called out some work that he did like of yours to point you in the right direction; that's what constructive criticism is.

They look good man, keep it up. 27 maps is kind of overwhelming...
10 May 2014, 06:00 AM

Permanently Banned
13 May 2014, 08:58 AM

"Negative" feedback really isn't bad.. It helps push your map designs further. What Akosi could have done was give specific feedback on what type of detail he would like to see on your map(s) and possibly called out some work that he did like of yours to point you in the right direction; that's what constructive criticism is.

They look good man, keep it up. 27 maps is kind of overwhelming...

Thank you and of course criticism is helpful but when leads to something.Also much better is a good comment combined with criticism,cause when i see that i try more,when i see a bad one, why to do it better?They don't like it so i do nothing.You see people ask me to create new maps and also they ask specific type of map, or from coh 1, or make a map that i already upload in different weather.I don't want to disappoint anyone so i don't spend much time to place splats cause to do that you need time.Many times i have send maps by e-mail,cause someone ask me "please change that or this or whatever".Things that i don't want to change so i change it only for them.I spend many hours to changing position the points until i find the best (cause that is the most important about how the cpu moves in the game)and to do that i have to play at least 20 times the map,while everytime i have το change them.In coh 1 i had my blog for my maps, people where leaving their comments and i wasn't watch about what others do (about maps).Now when you open steam,even if you don't want you see some maps,and i see maps that really sucks to have thousands downloads (i don't care about downloads) and i wonder.What is this that players want?I have maps like 8_p Farms And Factories that i spend 2 months until i finish.Nobody told me that is a great map even if is one of my best maps (about details).Also most of my maps are very large.So what is better?To create 1 great map or 3 good?I really do not know what to do.Also sometimes i want to be just a player and enjoy the game and not to play all the time to testing maps.I know i wrote much but now you know me a little better.
13 May 2014, 14:38 PM

Your maps look good. And I agree with what you feel makes for good criticism. I wouldn't be bothered too much with other maps and how many downloads they have.. Because let's be real, there's a ton of riffraff out there and they seem to be the ones with 20,000 subs for whatever reason.

If I may share my opinion on one thing:
1 great map > 3 good maps. Quality is always greater than quantity with maps. Why have 3 maps that are OK when you could have a map that many many people will enjoy?

You have some great work in your collection, but submitting 27 will diminish your feedback return. What I would do going forward is post a single map one at a time as you complete them. This will allow for maximum focused feedback and allow you to hone your skills further.

Again, keep up the great work.
13 May 2014, 14:46 PM

Yeah, good thing you post all of them, but to be honest I am not going to bother sorting through them^^ Maybe you could still post all maps and point out your 3 favorite ones, or your best one^^
13 May 2014, 22:15 PM

Ok.I think is better to do as you both say.Make 1 post for 1 map.I just made that link cause when i did that i couldn't upload any photo direct from my pc (asking url adress and i couldn't upload photos from all the maps),so i thought that people could see the photos in steam.By the way does anybody know how to solve my problem?i wrote about it in Mapping Discussion but people write all time and maybe some not even see it.My problem is this.I have open and make some of my maps from coh 1 but some other maps when i open them i take a message "could not open scenario"
and in the debug window "missing chunk type MOLM" and after when i press "ok" crashes.If anybody can help would be much appreciate.
2 Jun 2014, 07:42 AM

Thank you and of course criticism is helpful but when leads to something.Also much better is a good comment combined with criticism,cause when i see that i try more,when i see a bad one, why to do it better?They don't like it so i do nothing.You see people ask me to create new maps and also they ask specific type of map, or from coh 1, or make a map that i already upload in different weather.I don't want to disappoint anyone so i don't spend much time to place splats cause to do that you need time.Many times i have send maps by e-mail,cause someone ask me "please change that or this or whatever".Things that i don't want to change so i change it only for them.I spend many hours to changing position the points until i find the best (cause that is the most important about how the cpu moves in the game)and to do that i have to play at least 20 times the map,while everytime i have το change them.In coh 1 i had my blog for my maps, people where leaving their comments and i wasn't watch about what others do (about maps).Now when you open steam,even if you don't want you see some maps,and i see maps that really sucks to have thousands downloads (i don't care about downloads) and i wonder.What is this that players want?I have maps like 8_p Farms And Factories that i spend 2 months until i finish.Nobody told me that is a great map even if is one of my best maps (about details).Also most of my maps are very large.So what is better?To create 1 great map or 3 good?I really do not know what to do.Also sometimes i want to be just a player and enjoy the game and not to play all the time to testing maps.I know i wrote much but now you know me a little better.

Well I'm a new gamer an played a few of your maps and with your help (achelous river ) I found new joy playing coh2 ,I and some other guys hated the unit limit of 100 in other maps and regularly play your version of achelous and scheldt thanks alot. now my critic to you I can't play achelous winter the map is just black , Ican't see terrain or units could you please help me?
10 Jun 2014, 23:41 PM

Well I'm a new gamer an played a few of your maps and with your help (achelous river ) I found new joy playing coh2 ,I and some other guys hated the unit limit of 100 in other maps and regularly play your version of achelous and scheldt thanks alot. now my critic to you I can't play achelous winter the map is just black , Ican't see terrain or units could you please help me?

Yeah,that happens because something is missing or can not be process from the graphic card.Usually for the night atmospheres and i'm guessing that also you can not play vire river valley night and breakthrough night.Also sometimes you can play but see too dark like steel pact winter.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★