Login

russian armor

CoH 2 Hype

9 Feb 2013, 10:55 AM

How do you guys feel about the hype that has been created while CoH2/beta has been pushed back?

First I was super hyped for CoH 2 and the beta, now that the stated date has been overshot and no clear date has been set I get a big feeling of meh now. Did CoH 2 miss a chance? Will the hype be brought back or did it never leave?
9 Feb 2013, 11:08 AM

Makes no difference to me to be honest. I'm still looking forward to it, but havn't lost or gain any anticipation. Maybe because I still really enjoy CoH1 so no need for me to feel the need to move on at the moment :)
9 Feb 2013, 11:12 AM

tbh, i was absolutely unhyped before... and i'm slowly getting hyped right now :-)
9 Feb 2013, 11:15 AM

My hype for CoH 2 decreased a lot when i read the pre-order details, i do not like the idea of having microtransaction in a RTS game and dislike the whole intelligence bulletin idea, these two things can defientley ruin the balance in the game especially for newcomers.
Also playing the alpha even though i know it's not the full repesentation of the game, it decreased my hype a bit aswell.
I'm still looking forward to CoH 2 but not as much as i used to because it seems like it's going to be mediocre game, I hope i'm wrong though.
9 Feb 2013, 13:58 PM

Yeah, since the beta has been pushed back my hype has gone down a lot. I know right when the beta comes out I'll be pumped but until then... blahhhh.
9 Feb 2013, 16:59 PM

Not getting into alpha put me down a notch, but I've been at the same level ever since.
9 Feb 2013, 17:26 PM

Ya know, I love both Starcraft and CoH, but i'm a bit disappointed in the level of hype for CoH2 thus far.
When i look at how well Blizzard is hyping the new Starcraft expansion it makes me sad to see how neglected the new Company of Heroes 2 is at this point.

9 Feb 2013, 17:33 PM
Senior Caster Badge

There are few things in this world I care less about than how excited various people are for various video games. Like holy shit is it irrelevant how much "hype" a video game has. I care about the game, not about what a bunch of people think about the game before it even comes out. I barely even care what other people think about released games - why should I give a shit about what people think about the game before they've even played it? Why do I care if Blizzard is hyping HotS better than Sega is hyping CoH 2? Why does it matter?
9 Feb 2013, 17:44 PM
Donator 11

Well, if THQ was responsible for the marketing part, i'm glad they are gone. I mean, one f. gameplay video???
I remember Starcraft 2 having 20 minute gameplay videos 6 months before release.

Why don't they give us 4v4 battles with explosions, destruction and blood, and then 1v1 expert gameplay showcasing new tactical features...i don't know about others, but that would have had me hyped like crazy. It's like they are afraid that game is not good enough and that is never a good sign. The same was with Dawn of War 2. I still hope for the best.

And another thing, what's with the system specs? I'm looking to buy a new gaming laptop and there's not a word about sys specs. And the game should be out in 2 months time. Ah, I'm pretty dissapointed right now.
9 Feb 2013, 17:46 PM
Donator 11

There are few things in this world I care less about than how excited various people are for various video games. Like holy shit is it irrelevant how much "hype" a video game has. I care about the game, not about what a bunch of people think about the game before it even comes out. I barely even care what other people think about released games - why should I give a shit about what people think about the game before they've even played it? Why do I care if Blizzard is hyping HotS better than Sega is hyping CoH 2? Why does it matter?

It matters because bunch of people buy games for the shiny stuff. And more sales is always better.
9 Feb 2013, 17:47 PM

It matters! It matters how it is advertised..it matters how many people get psyched to play and want to buy it. The larger the community, the better and longer the life-span.

Blizzard knows this and creates cinematics and "HYPE" that revitalizes the current community while at the same time brings in new gamers.

At this point..the blood is draining fast out of the life of COH2 and it makes me sad.
9 Feb 2013, 18:20 PM

I remember Starcraft 2 having 20 minute gameplay videos 6 months before release.

Ya, I remember!... funny thing, David Kim was the guy who was playing in the video. Maybe not so funny, he's a former Relic employee.
10 Feb 2013, 15:29 PM

It is unfortunate that the bankruptcy sale had to take place a few weeks before the release of the Beta, and that obviously has to do with the delay, and the lack of communication that we are getting right now.

I also am disappointed that the hype and excitement of this game got overshadowed by the whole bankruptcy proceedings, and many potential customers have been scared away, not knowing what exactly the status of the beta or game is.

I only hope that Sega is taking its time to fully oversee every aspect of the game, and making sure it will be a polished and balanced game at release. However, it would be nice if Sega would give the community an update on the status, and a time frame for the beta release. A little communication would go a long way towards keeping the excitement level high for this game.
10 Feb 2013, 15:55 PM

making sure it will be a polished and balanced game at release. However, it would be nice if Sega would give the community an update on the status, and a time frame for the beta release. A little communication would go a long way towards keeping the excitement level high for this game.

no RTS game is balanced at release. it takes a few balance patches at minimum. sadly, most RTS games never get balanced at the top level of play. the support is discontinued before that happens.

i'm not expecting a totally balanced game upon release... i see unbalanced play as part of the fun of playing a new RTS game.
10 Feb 2013, 16:09 PM

I imagine only a small percentage of CoH fans (of the hardcore variety) are closely following the release date. A much smaller percentage still are aware of and care about the beta.

So it probably makes little difference.
10 Feb 2013, 16:21 PM

TBH, I didn't every really notice any hype at all... is it just me or is it piss poor advertisement from vCOH all over again :/
10 Feb 2013, 16:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2013, 16:21 PMGenDodo
TBH, I didn't every really notice any hype at all... is it just me or is it piss poor advertisement from vCOH all over again :/

I was hoping Sega would come in and do a much better job than THQ ... didn't think it could be worse..but I guess I was wrong.
10 Feb 2013, 16:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2013, 16:31 PMKillian

I was hoping Sega would come in and do a much better job than THQ ... didn't think it could be worse..but I guess I was wrong.

you're pulling the trigger to fast on this assessment.
If by March 1 will still have nothing... then yell and scream and complain.
By that date the forum posters on the Relic site will be eating each other.

I think they should've said something substantial by February 7. Even if its just a "we hear you ... we are working on it". But, its not the end of the world that they haven't said anything.... YET.

the problem underlying all of this is that for months THQ employees and Jason Rubin went on and on and on about how everything was going to be just fine and nothing would be impacted in any way. so i can understand your skepticism.
10 Feb 2013, 16:43 PM

if, by march, we have neither beta, nor any word on aynthing, than i'd actually tend to agree with you.
11 Feb 2013, 00:32 AM

I usually like it when other people play the same multiplayer game as me, lord knows why.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 35
unknown 25
Poland 12
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %