Login

russian armor

How do you feel about Grenspam since April 24th patch?

How do feel about Grenspam ( where I define grenspam >= 4 grenadier squads / player) since the last patch?
Option Distribution Votes
3%
25%
47%
17%
7%
Total votes: 59
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
1 May 2014, 18:52 PM

If you have encountered 4 or more grensquads at once in a match, how do you rate their performance?

If you think there's an imbalance, how would you fix it?
1 May 2014, 18:55 PM

Grens upgrade to LMG's and start with panzerfausts, in which they get rifle grenades once the player researches t2. They have enough basic gear to keep their place as effective mainline infantry. Conscripts fight a bit better, so grenadiers are still better at range, but conscripts can push them back if they get close.
1 May 2014, 19:23 PM

Grenspam, Conspam, MGspam..
Every tactic has his positive AND negative aspects.
It's just fine for me, people need to learn how to respond to a certain situation.
1 May 2014, 20:25 PM

In terms of the grenadiers themselves I think gren blobbing is fine to deal with. I still do not like however that rifle grenades hard counter gren counter (generally the maxim). Molotovs you have to get in close to lob the grenade but grens can just sit comfy in cover just inside the range of the maxim and blow it up.
1 May 2014, 23:11 PM

Rifle Grenade is still too powerful. It needs a longer startup time.
1 May 2014, 23:31 PM
Donator 22

Blobbing infantry works with all units vs other squads if the other player is spreading them around, 1-2 squads here an there like most ppl do. Mg's or arty will punish it pretty hard though.
But yes it can be hard to deal with gren blobs I find this too sometimes, especially if they focus fire effectively, same for cons though I guess.
2 May 2014, 21:08 PM

I think rifle nade is the only thing left that empowers the grenspam. If they tone it down a bit you will see less gren spam. 4 Grens can launch 4 rifle nades for dirt cheap. That means two soviet squad wipes with no risk to the Grens. Throw in long rage fire power of the Grens to Finnish off any survivors.
2 May 2014, 21:21 PM

I think rifle nade is the only thing left that empowers the grenspam. If they tone it down a bit you will see less gren spam. 4 Grens can launch 4 rifle nades for dirt cheap. That means two soviet squad wipes with no risk to the Grens. Throw in long rage fire power of the Grens to Finnish off any survivors.

Everytime I try to riflegrenade a soviet squad in green cover:

a)NO single model killed (only health)
b)2-3 guys(good)

So use green cover.

One question, green cover is same as *Garrisoned in a building* cover?
2 May 2014, 22:35 PM

The problem i have with Gren spam is that mindlessly upgrading them with LMG's has no real drawbacks. They still have the same dps close range as they would have vanilla rifles, but theyre much better at range.

PPSH have drawbacks. Theyre unusable beyond 10 metres.
LMG's have not.

Which means that if you preserve well, you will have vet 3 uber lmg grenadiers eating conscripts trying to get close..
2 May 2014, 23:15 PM

The problem i have with Gren spam is that mindlessly upgrading them with LMG's has no real drawbacks. They still have the same dps close range as they would have vanilla rifles, but theyre much better at range.

PPSH have drawbacks. Theyre unusable beyond 10 metres.
LMG's have not.
You can´t fire them on the move.
2 May 2014, 23:26 PM

I don't really have a problem with gren-spam. I think its effectiveness is just right.
2 May 2014, 23:28 PM

You can´t fire them on the move.

Its not like you need to move to close in in effective range because there is certain distance they loose 90% of dps you know.

AT guns can't fire on the move as well and yet they still are better AT then vast majority of tanks.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★