Login

russian armor

Very basic early game question

27 Apr 2014, 09:42 AM

Hey all.

Firstly, apologies if this is covered in a big obvious sticky somewhere. I did search but couldn't find anything.

My question is, what are the most basic, opening moves that provide the most stability for the Germans? I'm talking about in literally the first 2-3 minutes. Should I immediately get the Infantry Company building and then move out? Or build a Pioneer, use THAT to build the company building while using my first Pioneer squad to capture points?

The other question was what is the right priority for point capture early on? Should I prioritise fuel or munitions etc?

Once again, apologies if this is answered elsewhere.
27 Apr 2014, 09:44 AM

Build the infanterie kompanie right away.

Gren, Gren, MG, Gren, MG or mortar depending on what you like. That is the standart start for the germans.
You can also just make like 4-5 grens but it can end up backfiring because you have no support weapons.

making 2 pioneers is also okay if you want some map control early.

Well, you can prioritize fuel or munitions. It doesn't matter much.
Munitions in early game is very important for the germans, prioritize if you are planning to get lots of light machine guns or something else.
27 Apr 2014, 11:49 AM

I tend to 2x pios, first squad is already building T1, than HMG, Grem, HMG, Gren, maybe Mortar. This is useful for maps that are more open, nothing I recommend for stalingrad.

Some people only go for 4 Gren squads right away and then tech up.
27 Apr 2014, 15:32 PM

Thanks very much for the replies. I'm going to watch the tournament stream this evening and have a bash at it in the next few days. I played the original a fair bit as Panzer Elite, about 60-70 games online. Haven't played the series since about 2008 though.
27 Apr 2014, 15:37 PM

Here's what I do:
Get Infanterie company right away, and send pio capping to the closest points.. Don't forget to shift+click cap.

Get 2 grens 1 MG. Next if I see Cons and only Cons I get a 2nd MG and have both cover each other. If I see Maxim with/without Cons I'll get a mortar. 5th Unit can be a sniper/Gren/Mortar/Mg whatever.
4 May 2014, 07:56 AM

Watch some live stream top players, you see 1v1 2v2 build base, 4 grens 1 mg then up grade 2 gren to lmg when you can, there effective.

3v3 4v4
2x pios then mgs and mortars.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight