Login

russian armor

Slightly breaking NDA (but not really)

1 Feb 2013, 20:09 PM

I am confident as well but am holding out till the end of Beta.
1 Feb 2013, 20:49 PM

Right now, imo the game's focus is not enough on early (infantry) game, as you can tech too fast. But it definitely has potential :D

I Agree, panthers after like 10 minutes. -_-
1 Feb 2013, 21:11 PM

If you're that much of a grammar nazi, then how could you possibly write "you're English is OK"???
It's back to the Oatmeal's poster for you I'm afraid...

thank you captain obvious :-P
1 Feb 2013, 21:12 PM

thank you captain obvious :-P

It's Friday and it's beer o'clock; what did you expect :)
1 Feb 2013, 21:20 PM

It's Friday and it's beer o'clock; what did you expect :)

that reminds me... need to grab another beer :-D
2 Feb 2013, 03:32 AM

For me honestly it felt like Coh2 AaLFA was the PREquel of VCoh, something like a combination between 'babysteps vcoh' and Men of War.
I'm really sorry to say this but it felt like a downgrade.

Maybe i'm just too conservative when it comes to vcoh? e.g. did not like OF/TOV designs at all. Although I still find their engine better(?)

But I have hopes beta will be better although I remain sceptical. We'll see my final statement is: i'm glad i didn't preorder the game. But I hope it will be great and will totally have the COH-feel.

(I remember Chinese versions of COHO being just terrible, but the final version of COHO definitely had the COH-feel with just some 'crazy outbursts of spectacular arty/abilities'.)
2 Feb 2013, 05:06 AM
Senior Caster Badge

You're not the only one who hated OF and ToV :D
2 Feb 2013, 22:18 PM

not gonna spoil anything, but my first impression with the alpha was dissapointment. Anyway I kept playing and soon I started to love it, and when alpha closed I was totally addicted and made me really sad to stop playing coh2 :D
4 Feb 2013, 17:50 PM

I'll stay positive. There were things I didn't like, but there were a few things I really liked.

I love the reverse hotkey. <444>3 <444>3 <444>3

I love the new method for abandoning buildings.
4 Feb 2013, 17:51 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

All i can say is thank god Sniper spam isnt viable in CoH2.
4 Feb 2013, 18:00 PM
Caster Badge

Amen brother. Amen.
5 Feb 2013, 03:33 AM

Oh, and don't forget the new non-doctrinal artillery: the Roo Deployment System from the Lend-Lease Act

That's like.... Space Marines Deep Striking. Scary...
5 Feb 2013, 11:39 AM

Why won't it be? To me it seems that snipers not being able to cloack will make multiple snipers even better. Or has it got something to do with the 2-man sniper teams?
5 Feb 2013, 12:03 PM

Can't understand how ONE-man sniper unit can fight against TWO-men sniper unit. Isn't it OP? Or it means that snipers shouldn't be used for fighting each other?
5 Feb 2013, 12:50 PM
5 Feb 2013, 12:57 PM

Why won't it be? To me it seems that snipers not being able to cloack will make multiple snipers even better. Or has it got something to do with the 2-man sniper teams?

Germans have a single man sniper while soviets get a 2-man (or women) sniper team (though only one shoots, the other spots), but I don't think this will necessarily give soviets the counter-sniping advantage.

I think sniper spamming will be least efficient against the Russians since their infantry but more importantly support weapons have large crews (at least 5 men), low reinforcement cost and they get rather early access to mobile vehicular units that can chase snipers efficiently. Moreover, German infantry has good killing power on its own (no volks, assault grens similar to the ones PE has) and can reliably deal with multiple threats like combined Russian infantry and support weapons.

However, Russian sniper spam is what worries me, since German infantry has 4 man squads and 3 man support weapon squads. Haven't seen it done in the alpha, but I'm not yet sure whether it's viable or not.

We'll just have to see how the Beta works.

5 Feb 2013, 14:56 PM

Hypothetically...Snipers could be less useful if teching was fast paced and you gave them an enormous aim time (delay before first shot) to curtail their kiting

Hypothetically speaking I wouldn't really care for such a fix, but it would be a fix
6 Feb 2013, 02:10 AM

Germans have a single man sniper while soviets get a 2-man (or women) sniper team (though only one shoots, the other spots), but I don't think this will necessarily give soviets the counter-sniping advantage.

Yes but i read in an interview that if one dies the other will instantly countersnipe
6 Feb 2013, 02:15 AM

actually, if his mate gets sniped, he becomes super angry and super strong... he not only gets 1000% accuracy and 1000% damage, but also shoots 10 times as fast, gets elite heroic king tiger armor and also gets sight of the entire map
6 Feb 2013, 04:02 AM
Senior Caster Badge

And vet.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 19
Peru 7
unknown 4
United States 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias