Login

russian armor

April 24th Patch Notes Discussion

PAGES (17)down
25 Apr 2014, 22:04 PM

The Quad Halftrack is absolutely boss now. It is definitely the answer to mobs of pshreks.

Properly microed it can take out a upgraded armored car too.
25 Apr 2014, 22:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Apr 2014, 16:22 PMtokarev

Guys, please post replays or it never happened.

Also, are you sure you ran through a set of single mines? When I play with Soviets I often double up mines to inflict heavy damage to engine or one shot the infantry squad. I bet it looks like a single explosion to enemies...

Didnt save the replay, because actual battle was nothing important.
And nope, it was SINGLE mine.

1 mine wiped first gren squad.
1 mine wiped third gren squad.
1 mine wiped first PG squad.

That order. Seriously, use mines this patch, they are so f**** godly now I cant believe it lol.
25 Apr 2014, 23:17 PM

Really startin' to feel Pgren nerf was unnecessary...They have a span of about 2-4 mins midgame when they are useful.

After armor comes out, that's 320MP down the drain, you're lucky to get one shrek shot off before you have to retreat. The only way to use them late is to ambush, which most decent players won't just walk into.

25 Apr 2014, 23:25 PM

Really startin' to feel Pgren nerf was unnecessary...They have a span of about 2-4 mins midgame when they are useful.

After armor comes out, that's 320MP down the drain, you're lucky to get one shrek shot off before you have to retreat. The only way to use them late is to ambush, which most decent players won't just walk into.

And how do you use them? Because PQ said they are not assault troops, they are deterrent to rush against LMG grens and should work in pair with them to get the full of the unit.

That does make sense if you look at the weapon profiles.
You can't stay at distance against LMG grens and you can't close in because pgrens are next to them.
25 Apr 2014, 23:25 PM
Benefactor 115

but armour doesn't improve resilience versus tanks.
25 Apr 2014, 23:55 PM

That order. Seriously, use mines this patch, they are so f**** godly now I cant believe it lol.

So I am not the only one who notice this too. I lost 4 squads in one game do to soviet mines, they were all full health and one was even V3.

If teller mines can one shot soviet tanks then I will be ok with the squad wipes ;).

25 Apr 2014, 23:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Apr 2014, 23:55 PMAstarot

If teller mines can one shot soviet tanks then I will be ok with the squad wipes ;).

They can 1-shot T70s and SU76s. That's even better now that both of these tanks are more expensive.
26 Apr 2014, 00:02 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Apr 2014, 16:09 PMUmbert

Maybe switch them? Make the E the standard anti-something buildable one and the G an anti-tank doctrinal one?

I don't mind that the STUG III G has the same gun as the Panzer IV long (They did..) but its HP is seriously low. The nerfs cut down the HP to 400. And the T-34/76 got buffed from 120 to 160 plus armor that the stug can't pen.

Personally, I would prefer a 550-600 HP stug and with lower fuel cost for it to be a viable cheap tank fighter. The Panzer IV is just a much better value.

I haven't used the Stug III E yet.
26 Apr 2014, 00:15 AM

They can 1-shot T70s and SU76s. That's even better now that both of these tanks are more expensive.

This days all you see is sherman fest, that run on kerosene.
26 Apr 2014, 01:46 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Apr 2014, 08:30 AMWiFiDi

they are a inf/at weapon they do alittle bit of both now.

With a emphasis on little.
26 Apr 2014, 01:59 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Having used the StuG, it's gun while worse versus armour(especially heavies) seems to be pretty good at shelling infantry from afar compared to the Panzer IV which I find relies more on the machine guns which also means getting close.
26 Apr 2014, 02:15 AM

I don't mind that the STUG III G has the same gun as the Panzer IV long (They did..) but its HP is seriously low. The nerfs cut down the HP to 400. And the T-34/76 got buffed from 120 to 160 plus armor that the stug can't pen.

Personally, I would prefer a 550-600 HP stug and with lower fuel cost for it to be a viable cheap tank fighter. The Panzer IV is just a much better value.

I haven't used the Stug III E yet.

I think the Stug should just have better front armor. It SHOULD be weak to flanks.
26 Apr 2014, 10:58 AM
Patrion 14

stug is awesome and more sexy this time around in my opinion. it's cheaper, decent against up to medium tanks and kills infantry very well. i had one game with three stugs, and because of stug's new accuracy towards infantry, it would just direct hit at-guns majority of the time. with three stugs, at guns had no chance at all. it's so funny to see at-gun just bounce when directly hit.
27 Apr 2014, 09:26 AM
Patrion 14

There were no changes that had any influence on how mines perform in the current patch.

Please find the patch notes here:
http://community.companyofheroes.com/forum/company-of-heroes-2/company-of-heroes-2-general-discussion/67-coh-2-changelog/page3
Neo
27 Apr 2014, 10:04 AM

Wouldn't AOE changes affect mine performance?
27 Apr 2014, 10:07 AM

Hey anybody tried the new light arty barrage from the Zis and Su-76 in the new patch, I just use one yesterday and the arty now kills Gren blob like a boss. With PG nerf + cons buff, cons spam is a really strong strat now.
27 Apr 2014, 10:16 AM

Con spam into T2 with 1 Maxim + 2 - 3 AT guns + Shocks

-> IS2

wrecks osttruppen.
27 Apr 2014, 10:43 AM

Sure the patch did not broke the game? what are you as a german supposed to do against enemy tank? going for tier 3? Impossible. Russian infantry controls the early, you have to go for tier 2 only. Bye Panther. And P4 cannot win against sherman. And for all those who say sherman is more expensive: no damn building. Conscripts and sherman = no damn drop of oil into a building. So why would you go for a building anyways? Its expensive and not good enough after all. Stick with callins and you win. Problem: germans have command p4 and heavy tank... germans need medium anti-tank callin in form of a tank itself.
27 Apr 2014, 11:29 AM

Sure the patch did not broke the game? what are you as a german supposed to do against enemy tank? going for tier 3? Impossible. Russian infantry controls the early, you have to go for tier 2 only. Bye Panther. And P4 cannot win against sherman. And for all those who say sherman is more expensive: no damn building. Conscripts and sherman = no damn drop of oil into a building. So why would you go for a building anyways? Its expensive and not good enough after all. Stick with callins and you win. Problem: germans have command p4 and heavy tank... germans need medium anti-tank callin in form of a tank itself.

Sherman will lose to P4 head on. I guarantee you that.
27 Apr 2014, 13:13 PM

and also one tellermine and a single shot from PAK43 destroy IS-2.
and one tellermine brings T-34 down to like 15%

The problem is that Germans barely have enough muni to lay those mines in noticeable amounts like soviets do.
Weapon upgrades are a lot more appealing.
PAGES (17)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS