Login

russian armor

COH Ask the strategists

29 Jan 2013, 20:38 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Hey,
since we were missing a topic to help people with their games if they are having a problem against X strategy, I decided to create this.
I will try to answer the questions that some may have or if you need advice on what you did wrong I will try to check it.
Any strategist and/or expert is welcome to post here to help out.
30 Jan 2013, 01:52 AM

Volk, volk, sniper MG seems really popular at my level (10/11/12) and I was wondering the best way to play against it in general as Americans. Advice? I usually do 3 rifles into sniper into MP for AT guns.
30 Jan 2013, 06:03 AM

I have a pretty generic question: If your opponent goes heavy on Airborne with RR's, snipers (and counter snipes with recon runs) and AT guns, what counters should be considered as mixed wehr? Tried Pumas who generally beat AB because of RRs phasing through, but when they get enough squads the hit rate gets good enough to cripple or kill a puma easily while the AB can easily stay on the field with their reinforce and hold the map down. Any advice?
30 Jan 2013, 06:06 AM

mixed wehr?

or mixed axis :P
and get nebs and just spam pumas with vet :P
30 Jan 2013, 06:17 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Snipers are incredibly powerful against Airborne and AT guns due to the high reinforce cost. Also any indirect fire will be effective due to the lack of counter artillery available to Airborne players.
30 Jan 2013, 08:24 AM

Volk, volk, sniper MG seems really popular at my level (10/11/12) and I was wondering the best way to play against it in general as Americans. Advice? I usually do 3 rifles into sniper into MP for AT guns.

Yeah you can do 3 rifle/sniper however if you don't get that counter snipe early, make sure you start opening fire soon enough. If it holds out to long the opponent can start to think wsc is on now on field. To counter it generally these 3 work the best for me which are 2 rifle/jeep, 3 rifle/sniper or 4 rifle(BAR) with a flamer and sweeper.

With the jeep if you harass pios in the early game you can really put pressure on the sniper as it comes out of the Wehrmacht Quarters and not be fearful of mines. Still though its always good to have a sweeper for the jeep.

4 rifle BAR works well to as generally VVSMG wont hold out against a well executed flank unless there is a couple of decent mines down. Just make sure prior to the engagement you keep your rifles hidden from any sniper fire so you can fight the engagement with your full force. If this forces a mass retreat mine up the field asap and you might get lucky and kill the sniper.

Tbh though either 2 rifle/jeep or 4 rifle(BAR), flamer, sweepers are your best option. If the jeep is still on the field and you choke them of fuel well, dont be scared of going for a t2 sniper then work on getting that AT up in case they get out a surprise puma and skip t2.
30 Jan 2013, 13:50 PM
Developer Relic Badge

I see the questions are already answered ^^.

I will still say what I think, versus v v s m, I prefer going either bars or try to go for the m8, usually the wsc is not worth it since if he is good he wont let you counter snipe and since it's not that big of a t1 he can jump to t3 depending on the map control, so if I am doing good on fuel I go for the m8 and try to use my first off arty on the pak(that is usually out early since vvsmg most of the time means a quick t2), if you are struggling for fuel the best option would be bars and triage and try to get some good flanks like stephenn said, 2 volks and 1 mg cant hold 4/3rifles plus 1/2 flamers.

As for RagingJenni ,12azor said correctly that snipers is the best answer, airbornes have a high reinforce cost, also keep your snipers behind your infantry units so there is a space between his sniper and yours.
30 Jan 2013, 15:12 PM

how to counter SSSSS Strategy? who knows? MVGame
30 Jan 2013, 15:25 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Usually 5 jeeps works well.
30 Jan 2013, 16:44 PM

how to hard counter 5pio T2 with double halftrack+later T4 as amis? ty
30 Jan 2013, 17:04 PM

How would you counter heavy T1 Wehr play? Say 2x Volks 2x MGs 1x Sniper or 3x Volks 1x MG 1x Sniper?
30 Jan 2013, 17:43 PM

Yes, I realize that I don't have a badge on this forum but I'll reply anyways, hopefully people won't kill me.

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jan 2013, 16:44 PMCyru$
how to hard counter 5pio T2 with double halftrack+later T4 as amis? ty

If you see more than 2 pios, you know he'll be at a huge unit disadvantage at the very early game. Rush his cut-off(s) with your first rifles and sit there while your engies cap behind it, then tech to BARs and stickies. At this point it'll be nigh-impossible for anything in T2 to deal with your superior anti-infantry firepower, and he can't really do much with his halftracks if stickies are present.

How would you counter heavy T1 Wehr play? Say 2x Volks 2x MGs 1x Sniper or 3x Volks 1x MG 1x Sniper?

There are several ways, depending on which order he gets his units in.

If his first three units are two volks and a sniper(you'll notice because he'll only have two units on the field by the time you have three rifles), you'll outgun him heavily by the time the sniper hits the field. You can thus attack his main force with your entire infantry force and most likely force him to retreat all his units, especially if you have a flamer. From here, steal/cut off as much territory as possible and put down mines to make it as hard as possible to come back into the game for him, and just keep him contained. If he follows up with T2(he should, as you should have a territory advantage), BARs followed by a sniper can do some serious work here.

If he's gotten 4 T1 units and none of them are snipers, fast M8 is usually what I default to. If he goes a sniper before teching to T2, and hasn't already inflicted heavy manpower damage, you'll get your M8 before T2 hits, and his only defense against M8s will be fausts and mines until he a) gets T2 up or b) gets shrecked storms. In other words, your armored car will have a field day against this kind of build, doing heavy manpower damage and forcing retreats all over the map. Meanwhile, your infantry can take the rest of the map, giving you a lot of teching freedom, as well as munitions for mines and artillery. When he eventually gets T2 up, retreat the M8 from the front lines and let your rifles and WSC units do work.

This is, of course, somewhat simplified, but provided you don't make any big mistakes or hit a mine at the wrong time, you can very often come out on top here.
Seb
30 Jan 2013, 20:57 PM
Admin Black Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jan 2013, 15:25 PMDevM
Usually 5 jeeps works well.

How do you counter mines with 5 jeep when opponent has 5 snipers?
30 Jan 2013, 21:03 PM
Developer Relic Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jan 2013, 20:57 PMSeb

How do you counter mines with 5 jeep when opponent has 5 snipers?

Spam minesweepers.
30 Jan 2013, 21:18 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

upgrade jeeps with minesweepers GG.
30 Jan 2013, 22:42 PM

Jeeps get that with vet 3 anyways.
31 Jan 2013, 04:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jan 2013, 22:42 PMNaeras
Jeeps get that with vet 3 anyways.

wait you dont have an expert badge! I WILL [Removed by 12azor] YOU!!!!
31 Jan 2013, 10:18 AM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

Naeras should indeed be worth a strategist badge if he's interested and if our Lead Strategist SemInt agrees. PM him if you are interested Naeras :P
1 Feb 2013, 01:09 AM

You guys are [Removed by 12azor] MVGame
6 Feb 2013, 06:22 AM
Patrion 14

My PE game is just starting to get better after lots of effort and I am now level 9. Am doing OK versus Amis but Brits are a problem. In the early game I'm using a T2-T4 strategy but on most maps good Brit players are producing big infantry blobs that are pwning me. The Bren / PIAT combo is lethal against my vehicles and the increasingly popular multiple recce / snipe squads (they spend 25 munis and I lose 1/3 of a squad) are making my life a misery.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★