Login

russian armor

Cheating in Company of Heroes 2 (news from Relic)

PAGES (10)down
5 Jun 2016, 11:28 AM

I have faced this multiple times. Actually it is the most prevalent and worst kind of cheating in this game.

You know something is wrong when your opponent loses one of his important units and then you suddenly lose connection and can't reconnect.

Um, ok. Well, you've completely ignored the technical points I made.

You skipped over the whole trust rating system, which almost completely negates the benefits of drop hacking if you do it more than once. Seriously, it's been around since COH1. So I'd hardly call it the 'worst' kind of cheating.

Also, if you're losing connection then there's pretty much no way that has anything to do with drop hacking. Drop hacking was when players talked directly to each other so they blocked your incoming data to confuse the game. That's now physically impossible. All players only see a server, not other players. Even DDOS stuff (which costs money) would require finding out your IP, which is probably impossible for the same reason. And all of that is way harder than finding a way to force a simple sync error. Seriously, they happen for so many reasons. One recent patch was to stop the game having sync errors when someone quit normally.

In a nutshell, it sounds like your Internet connection (or how your setup uses it) sucks and you've got a bad case of confirmation bias.
5 Jun 2016, 11:37 AM

Makes sense now.
28 Jun 2016, 18:13 PM

With the ongoing whirlwind about combined arms, does that count as hacking or is it merely a bug?]

Will relic ban for that? Are they capable of detecting that?
28 Jun 2016, 20:40 PM

Capable of detecting if a player used the bug? I'm sure. I would be shocked if they didn't keep these sorts of statistics on unit use, ability use, commander use, etc.

Will they ban for it? Doubtful. It's not a hack and it doesn't require anything but standard in game stuffs to pull off. Naming and shaming people for using it as a community is fine in my opinion but I'm not sure a dev can ban people from, in the most technical sense, using "tools" available to them.

Scummy to abuse in ranked matches, yes. Bannable? Probably not.
28 Jun 2016, 21:02 PM

They can ban for anything they like. If they can automatically detect who uses the bug, I hope anybody who used it more than once or twice is banned.
28 Jun 2016, 21:23 PM

They can ban for anything they like. If they can automatically detect who uses the bug, I hope anybody who used it more than once or twice is banned.

You do understand that such a move would leave us with no playerbase left lol. Relic knows this, they won't do it.
28 Jun 2016, 21:40 PM

Cheating for days and days and no action from lelic
29 Jun 2016, 00:34 AM

You do understand that such a move would leave us with no playerbase left lol. Relic knows this, they won't do it.

Better a smaller playerbase than one where these scum are let off scot-free.
29 Jun 2016, 00:47 AM

Not in favor of banning a myself, but a faction veto option in lieu of administrative action when there's a serious exploit like this would be nice.
29 Jun 2016, 03:04 AM

How about they just... you know... fix the bug?
29 Jun 2016, 03:18 AM

Can't do too much work.
29 Jun 2016, 03:22 AM

Holy shit you must be uber fun at parties...
Do you also stab people and leave them for dead if they fart in your general direction?

+1

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jun 2016, 00:34 AMDaciaJC

Better a smaller playerbase than one where these scum are let off scot-free.

See my reply to Just Easy.
Why are you so salty over a video game anyway? Just dont play ranked until its fixed... Easy

This.
They introduced it; seems unfair to ban someone for using it.
29 Jun 2016, 11:19 AM

Holy shit you must be uber fun at parties...
Do you also stab people and leave them for dead if they fart in your general direction?

What?

Because I dont like people choosing to cheat?

My main concern is that this, and abusing other bugs like it, will 100% cause some players to quit.

A large amount of casual players wont even realise this is a bug, i've seen people complain about getting cheated/hacked, and there's even been at least 1 post on this forum by someone that thought that.

I had a teamgame where 1 of the other team said something like "My first game in a month and I get beat by a hacker" then left after somebody used the bug, pretty good chance he never plays again imo.

Some of us want people to keep playing this game.

and i'm not really salty, i've been allies every game since I heard about this bug here.
29 Jun 2016, 11:36 AM

Mista_s is someone who clearly searches matchmaking and uses the bug to his advantage.

1. Anyone who uses it the first time intentially to win a game is piece of shit straight up. No way around it
2. Knowing something is there and using it to your advantage. Your just bad.

+1 on stat reset, or a ban.

It's one thing to accidently stumble across it. It's another thing to purposely go that commander, then start exploiting the bug to get yourself a win.

I'm sure there are so many out there that did just that to rack up some wins. Keep in mind, for every cheese win, is a loss for someone else who is, when it come down to it, a unsatisfied customer who went through an unenjoyable experience.

I couldn't imagine the amount of players who decided to no longer play this game.

I myself. Would give relic a 1 or no star review, I'm not going to ever recommend any of their products to anyone I know, and I will no longer buy any of their products ever again.

I never seen a company that is so incompetent, unprofessional, and that the playerbase has accepted and expects low standard patches/products.

The fan base clearly knows more about the game then the actual coders/balance devs

For every patch with a new product is an OP unit that takes ages for relic to fix.

They are lucky this is the only game of its type. For now...
29 Jun 2016, 12:25 PM

See my reply to Just Easy.
Why are you so salty over a video game anyway? Just dont play ranked until its fixed... Easy

I'm not salty, mate. I've only been playing Soviets and USF since the patch. I just despise cheaters/exploiters.
29 Jun 2016, 13:48 PM

Mista_s is someone who clearly searches matchmaking and uses the bug to his advantage.

1. Anyone who uses it the first time intentially to win a game is piece of shit straight up. No way around it
2. Knowing something is there and using it to your advantage. Your just bad.

It's one thing to accidently stumble across it. It's another thing to purposely go that commander, then start exploiting the bug to get yourself a win.

I'm sure there are so many out there that did just that to rack up some wins. Keep in mind, for every cheese win, is a loss for someone else who is, when it come down to it, a unsatisfied customer who went through an unenjoyable experience.

I couldn't imagine the amount of players who decided to no longer play this game.

I myself. Would give relic a 1 or no star review, I'm not going to ever recommend any of their products to anyone I know, and I will no longer buy any of their products ever again.

I never seen a company that is so incompetent, unprofessional, and that the playerbase has accepted and expects low standard patches/products.

The fan base clearly knows more about the game then the actual coders/balance devs

For every patch with a new product is an OP unit that takes ages for relic to fix.

They are lucky this is the only game of its type. For now...

Clearly you have never played other competitive RTS before. Relic/Sega (relic only on COH1 was a disaster in patch and balance) release a patch almost every month and a lot of Hotfix. They could be better? of course. But this is an old game that produce very little revenue and cost a lot to maintain servers, coders , QA, community manager ecc ecc ecc. so i give a +10 to this company that continue to support us.
Then if your problem is a couple of bugs and can't wait a week (today they will release the hotfix) the problem is your and not of Relic.
29 Jun 2016, 14:38 PM

Bringing threads back from the dead I see :hijack: Making a new one for this exclusive "bug" which is not a cheat shouldn't be too hard :foreveralone:

On the subject of abusing the bug, Relic seems to be taking their time on a fix, unless they don't know about this bug yet :new:

If you are abused by someone exploiting the bug for free wins, save the replay and send it to enforcement@relic.com so Kyle knows(probably already does) just in case :hansREKT:
29 Jun 2016, 15:14 PM
Master Mapmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jun 2016, 14:38 PMVonIvan
Bringing threads back from the dead I see :hijack: Making a new one for this exclusive "bug" which is not a cheat shouldn't be too hard :foreveralone:

On the subject of abusing the bug, Relic seems to be taking their time on a fix, unless they don't know about this bug yet :new:

If you are abused by someone exploiting the bug for free wins, save the replay and send it to enforcement@relic.com so Kyle knows(probably already does) just in case :hansREKT:

But... but... how can I whine and cry, if there is such an easy solution? :oops:

Even though everyone at this point knows about the bug, we can all hope for relic to fix it, but it is pretty clear that the technology just isn't there yet.
29 Jun 2016, 15:41 PM

So nobody cares about losing players because of bug exploiters?
30 Jun 2016, 00:56 AM

Yep, I admit it and I feel no shame.
I raged when it happend to me. I raged when it happened to my friend. Then I though, why beat them when you can join them. So I did.

Anywho, a ban I do not recommend, as you'll anger many loyal customers and fans.
Wipe my stats for all I care, e-penus is of minor importance for me.

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jun 2016, 12:25 PMDaciaJC

I'm not salty, mate. I've only been playing Soviets and USF since the patch. I just despise cheaters/exploiters.

+rep for you (not being sarcastic)

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jun 2016, 13:48 PMkersal

Clearly you have never played other competitive RTS before. Relic/Sega (relic only on COH1 was a disaster in patch and balance) release a patch almost every month and a lot of Hotfix. They could be better? of course. But this is an old game that produce very little revenue and cost a lot to maintain servers, coders , QA, community manager ecc ecc ecc. so i give a +10 to this company that continue to support us.
Then if your problem is a couple of bugs and can't wait a week (today they will release the hotfix) the problem is your and not of Relic.

:clap::clap::clap:
Bravo sir! Well said

PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment