Login

russian armor

Tim's film topic!

26 Feb 2013, 21:15 PM

I watched this last night ---> http://www.imdb.co.uk/title/tt1675434/
if you want to download it search for Intouchables it's in French with English subs , It's the best film I have seen in 3 years 10/10. I highly recommended it!!! , let me no what you think of it >:(
27 Feb 2013, 04:19 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Watched Silver Linings Playbook... I can see easily why Jennifer Lawrence won Best Actress. She was fantastic. The movie was like a simple romantic comedy but with more edge and more sincere. I enjoyed it.
ntd
27 Feb 2013, 07:18 AM
Admin Black Badge

Just watched Searching for Sugar Man, I had it pegged to watch for about a month but after it won best documentary at the Oscars I decided to give it a go tonight. What an amazing story, really unbelievable. Definitely worth a watch.
27 Feb 2013, 07:21 AM

Django unchained was great movie just like all Tarantino movies. Ofc if you dont like tarantinos style then i guess you dont like much of Django either.

Argo is great too, you should check that !
Flight was disappointment to me , dont know why but only good thing in that movie (imo) was Denzel

Oh and yes Intouchables was best movie i have seen in looong time, you should really see that one.
28 Feb 2013, 14:15 PM

just some help here:
top 250 movies: http://www.imdb.com/chart/top?

Just noticed, Django on number 41 :P .Must see later.

Movies for 'starters':
Godfather I and II(1970) : dark atmopshere
Seven Samurai(1954) : about life, friendship... Also great action movie

If you really into cinema, i can recommend:
Rear Window(1954): hey, hitchcock !!! :D Almost entire movie shot in one room
Spirited Away(2001): a girl dealing with monsters. You scared ??

28 Feb 2013, 15:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2013, 14:15 PMpionr
just some help here:
top 250 movies: http://www.imdb.com/chart/top?

Just noticed, Django on number 41 :P .Must see later.

Movies for 'starters':
Godfather I and II(1970) : dark atmopshere
Seven Samurai(1954) : about life, friendship... Also great action movie

If you really into cinema, i can recommend:
Rear Window(1954): hey, hitchcock !!! :D Almost entire movie shot in one room
Spirited Away(2001): a girl dealing with monsters. You scared ??

Did you also saw other movies of Kurosawa?? So much of his work is later used again by famous directors, the 2 protagonists in The Hidden Fortress (1958) are the inspiration for CP30 and R2D2! Lucas even used exactly the same background in a shot in Star Wars as Kurosawa used in The Hidden Fortress :)

And A Firstfull of Dollars from Sergio Leone is just a remake of Yojimbo. Seven Samurai also had multiple remakes in Hollywood as a Western, and even a remake in Russia :D
28 Feb 2013, 15:42 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Love the Dollars trilogy. A star, Clint Eastwood, is born.
28 Feb 2013, 20:26 PM

The final duel in for a few dollars more is one of my favorite scenes ever. So great.
4 Mar 2013, 23:05 PM

Okay, I just saw Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters, and I must say, it's fucking awesome :D I didn't expect much of it and only went to see it since I can go unlimited to the cinema anyways, but this movie is not trying to be a 'good' movie in a Hollywood way. It's just a simple (only 88 min!) story hidden under awesome action, good humour, and a really nice twist to the classic fairy tale.

I'd really recommend seeing this film with friends or something, don't take it too serious, and just enjoy the fun. Now I've seen this film I also really wanna see Sucker Punch again ^^ It's the same over the top action and story and it really has the same feeling and maybe is even more awesome than Hansel & Gretel!
5 Mar 2013, 01:22 AM

Can't wait to see this, every movie I've seen with Tommy Lee Jones is great. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2103264/
8 Mar 2013, 17:45 PM

Anyone seen Cloud Atlas?
8 Mar 2013, 20:01 PM

Anyone seen Cloud Atlas?

I loved it :)
9 Mar 2013, 00:00 AM

Anyone seen Cloud Atlas?

I liked it too :) It was also no surprise when I saw that it was directed by the Wachowski brothers at the ending credits ^^

Added Juno and Silver Linings Playbook.
10 Mar 2013, 00:01 AM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I just watched the ww2 film "My Way" by Kang Je-Kyu and it was amazing! One of the best war films I've probably ever seen. I bought it thinking it was going to be another cheap low budget knock off and to my surprise it was terrific!

I would recommend this film to everyone who enjoys a good war film. Here's the wiki for it.

Link
10 Mar 2013, 10:43 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Nice tip, Hans. I haven't seen that one. :thanks:
24 Mar 2013, 15:36 PM

I just saw Side Effects and I quite liked it.

It's in the grey area between 3 and 4 stars, but I'll stick with ★★★ for now.
6 Apr 2013, 23:40 PM

I just saw A Few Good Men after I havn't seen it for quite a while. The film/story itself isn't worth 4 stars, but the acting is just excellent. Especially Jack Nicholson is just great in this movie. So ★★★★ :)
7 Apr 2013, 07:58 AM

I just watched the ww2 film "My Way" by Kang Je-Kyu and it was amazing! One of the best war films I've probably ever seen. I bought it thinking it was going to be another cheap low budget knock off and to my surprise it was terrific!

I would recommend this film to everyone who enjoys a good war film. Here's the wiki for it.

Link

Trailer

My feelings after watching this movie.

26 Apr 2013, 16:49 PM

Ever watched 12 angry men, Symbi? If not I reccommend you give it a watch. It's really old but doesn't age at all since it's 100% dialogue and characters. Also the message and the purpose of the movie doesn't feel outdated at all. :)
2 May 2013, 15:53 PM

Did you also saw other movies of Kurosawa?? So much of his work is later used again by famous directors, the 2 protagonists in The Hidden Fortress (1958) are the inspiration for CP30 and R2D2! Lucas even used exactly the same background in a shot in Star Wars as Kurosawa used in The Hidden Fortress :)

And A Firstfull of Dollars from Sergio Leone is just a remake of Yojimbo. Seven Samurai also had multiple remakes in Hollywood as a Western, and even a remake in Russia :D

Sorry that i did not come back to this earlier.

Hidden fortress: i have to check that one out... .

I saw a few movies of Kurosawa, and the three best for me personally are Yojimbo, Seven Samurai and .. Throne of blood ( inspired by MacBeth ). I can recommend those three.

About 12 angry men: yes, RagingJenni, it is an awesome movie.. . :-)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★