Login

russian armor

(2) Kholm Pocket

5 Apr 2014, 02:05 AM

Kholm Pocket (1v1)

Workshop

sga file

Replay of me versus AI to showcase gameplay.

1v1

New screenshots are in!

This is my first map in Company of Heroes 2, I have sunk many hours into it and I am now ready to enter this contest. I feel it is a good map for urban and forest combat. I truly love the atmosphere while playing on this map and hopefuly it is up to par with others veteran mappers!

Looking forward to your reviews! (And some more polishing, as a map is never perfect, you know what I mean ;))
8 Apr 2014, 14:56 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Hey Sait!

So, as you may have noticed, I've started my judging comments early, as I won't be here for the actual judging!

Everything that I post here is merely constructive criticisms to help you push your map into the final leg of the competition, and within the next few days, you should expect feedback from the other judges too!

So, to start with, you have made a decent layout of a map, but there are a few areas that I would address before anything else:

• To begin with, this map has no interactivity zone, and units will merely appear on the map, rather than run in from out of sight. Relic expects this to be on all of their maps, and I would recommend stamping your map onto a larger canvas, so that you can add an interactivity border around the entire map.
  • Secondly, you have used a good selection of tiles, but have not blended them in many areas. It should not be possible to see a single texture on the map repeating itself. Areas in the open, such as near the rail yard, should be broken up be blending more tiles into the mix, or breaking them up with Splats and Splines. Trust me, this can make a massive difference to the appearance of your map!
  • And finally, I would seriously reconsider the use of Blockers on small walls. Blockers should only be used to deny entire areas of a map to players, rather than in commonly used locations. For example, on the walls in the centre of your map, a tank could blindly run through the wall, and the blocker would remain. If you want to block the line of sight in this area, try using taller walls, or hedgerows!

Anyways, I hope that this is a step in the right direction!

Best of luck with the rest of the competition, and well done on your progress so far!
10 Apr 2014, 15:37 PM

Very well, I am working on the above issues. Thanks!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 39
United Kingdom 21
Germany 35

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak