Login

russian armor

Worth it to come back to the game?

4 Apr 2014, 16:07 PM

The game is heading towards a nice direction, i am sure we can all agree on that. The balance is at a misery right now but its being worked on as we speak from what i have read from PQ's post in the official forums. Just stay tuned, guys. More and more community members that know what they are talking about are getting invited to the closed beta to give Relic more and better feedback so issues like the current Con vs. Gren imbalance doesn't happen again. Not saying it wont, just a less likelihood.
4 Apr 2014, 16:33 PM

I don't think the issue is that they're lacking feedback from experienced players. Ideally, players shouldn't even have to talk/write to Relic. They should just play and the data should speak for itself.

If anything needs to change, it is the way they run their data analysis on patches.

4 Apr 2014, 16:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Apr 2014, 15:58 PMmas1er

I've always wondered: why?

WHY?

Why those geniuses from Relic (You must be genius to make great franchise like COH) can't properly fix the game (I know this isn't simple task). And why they don't listen to the community carefully?

If relic would listen to everything the community said the balance would be far worst that it is right now... Hopefully it's going to be better before the americans and westheer comes out
4 Apr 2014, 16:40 PM

Some dangerously awesome ideas in this thread. Will have to incorporate some of them when I make my "It's time to change the way balancing and QA is done; REDUX" thread.
4 Apr 2014, 16:46 PM

Thanks all, but it's getting OUTA CONTROL here!

4 Apr 2014, 17:41 PM

Why wait for rebalance? just wait for Coh3 Kappa
4 Apr 2014, 17:49 PM

Game is dull and losing players daily - only a few die hard stalwarts here are those that remain.

The core of the game is the problem for me - the mix of RNG with poorly designed "asymmetrical" balance - or lack there of it - just makes the game a mix of frustration and disappointment.

The latest "progression" - of regressing back to vCOH in COH2 clothing essentially tells me this game is really reaching now to keep players that were vCOH and don't find their current Soviet game enticing and keep the $'s coming in.

I get maybe a game a week in and ultimately I end up quitting after a single game as its just too dull/boring/frustrating.

There's many games out there that are more worthy of your limited gaming time than this.
4 Apr 2014, 18:16 PM

CoH2 is almost dead here s why:
http://steamcharts.com/app/231430#All
only about 4800 Players a still playing the game and its getting lower and lower.
4 Apr 2014, 18:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Apr 2014, 18:16 PMAffe
only about 4800 Players a still playing the game and its getting lower and lower.

well ,if 4800 players means dead, then what to your understanding is coh 1, that only has say 2800 players at peak times?
What , non existent?

Coh 2 is still one of the more played games on steam. If the 42th most played game on steam is dead, then i don't know what the rest are.
4 Apr 2014, 18:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Apr 2014, 18:19 PMBurts

well ,if 4800 players means dead, then what to your understanding is coh 1, that only has say 2800 players at peak times?
What , non existent?

Coh 2 is still one of the more played games on steam. If the 42th most played game on steam is dead, then i don't know what the rest are.

4800 worldwide is not very much.And like i said the number of Players will get smaller and smaller with every month.
4 Apr 2014, 18:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Apr 2014, 18:23 PMAffe

4800 worldwide is not very much.And like i said the number of Players will get smaller and smaller with every month.

Nonsense, i garauntee you that in june, the player numbers will atleast rise by 50%.

And 4800 players (even if that's the correct number, i really think that the playerbase is bigger, just that not everyone has time to play everyday), is still way more than the age of empires II community , and that STILL has a competitive scene.

Honestly, i don't really care about the player numbers. As a former men of war assault squad player, i am fine as long as it has atleast 500 players on at any time.
4 Apr 2014, 18:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Apr 2014, 18:19 PMBurts

What , non existent?

It isn't dead, and the 4800 # for peak players is for players at any given time which implies a much greater number of regular players and occasional players. But it isn't stellar.

COH1 is a bad comparison. It had player #'s in the tens of thousands during it's heyday and was at 7-10,000 prior to THQ losing the servers and moving to Steam. They further lost players because there was a lot of functionality lost and bugs introduced in switching to Steam. That was a good move as it saved the older game but it certainly cost the community many players as they move on.

Those who remain (probably still in the 10,000's) are there despite playing an 8 year old game that already has to it a sequel. So COH1 at 2800 is probably doing much better than it should under the circumstances.

I agree with Burt. The numbers will rise substantially when the Western Front factions are introduced. They will get the kind of press expansion packs get, interest from people to the new factions,l particularly the US, and they will probably have promotions going at that time. By that point hopefull the balance in the current patch is worked out. All of which will help.
4 Apr 2014, 18:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Apr 2014, 18:16 PMAffe

4800?

Where are you getting that?

More like 3800 right now - and that's prime European time on a Friday night when gamers are out in force.

US gamers get numbers in the low 2000's - often vCOH has more players at that time than COH2.
MMD
4 Apr 2014, 19:14 PM

I am part of those numbers (or used to be)

Typically on the previous patches (all of them, since beta), I would play on average 4-5 nights a week. Now I'm down to 0. I'm a casual player, not hardcore.

There is a serious portion of the 'unheard' community that are just so pissed off with the constant swings of the balance pendulum that we've just given up. Albeit temporarily...

I'll test and play whatever comes next and see how it feels, but until they stop dicking around and actually produce something close to balanced, I'll simply play something else.

The numbers show that for whatever reason a lot of people are doing the same. I can only assume a fair proportion of that is due to balance.
4 Apr 2014, 20:08 PM

Alright thanks fella's :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight