Login

russian armor

T34/76 Suggestions

31 Mar 2014, 23:07 PM

I've heard that in the next patch late game vehicles are going to be checked out. T34/76 is pretty weird tank IMO. I've played a whole bunch of RTS games in my time and I've gotta say that the T34/76 is one of the more "unique" approaches to tank combat design.

TL DR
-Remove Ram
-Remove Secure mode
-Increase armor/Decrease HP
-Increase penetration/Reduce accuracy
-Decrease damage dealt
-Grant the ability to transport 1 infantry squad

-Ram is a great ability
It is a highly mobile and powerful anti-tank snare. It is a huge boon to soviet tank fighting in COH2. And I hate it. From a game perspective it often makes T34 a suicide unit. While T34 is cheap its not THAT cheap. Second it makes soviet tank combat a bit boring - just ram everything in sight and let the AT guns/call ins finish everything off. Lastly from a historical standpoint its a wierd thing to include. Of the 35000+T34/76s that were built less than 100 were ever recorded ramming a tank, much less a heavy tank.

-Secure mode.
It's just a lulz ability. It's practically useless on anything except for the T70. This ability should be removed from all soviet tanks except the T70.

-Armor
Every german AT weapon from the lowly Ostruppen panzerfaust to the Mighty elephant has guaranteed penetration against T34 frontal armor. It just doesn't 'jive'. Problem is, the way relic designed this game is that most of NON-doctrinal armor is early war (pre 1943) whereas german NON-doctrinal armor is all late war (post 1943). So, well, many of those late war tanks did have guaranteed penetration, but relic shoulder incorporated the P3 into the game. History aside, as game balance goes, a tank in a game with as advanced a combat system as COH 2 has, should have some frontal armor protection - atleast enough that some panzerfausts wont get through. To compensate HP should be reduced.

-Penetration
PTRS-41 AT rifle has 85 penetration. T34/76 has 80 penetration. LOLOLOL!!! T34 should not be all that impressive against armor - especially the armor relic chose to put in for the Germans. But it SHOULD be able to penetrate armor atleast reasonably. To compensate damage delt should be reduced.

-Transport Infantry ability
I was genuinely surprised when I first picked up COH2 that soviet troops could not "ride" T34s into battle. Unlike ram, soviet troops regularly rode tanks into and during combat. It wouldn't be difficult to balance - just 1-2 models would get cover behind the turret while the rest would be exposed. It's one of the more unique things about the soviet army in WW2 as they were the only ones who ever practiced this. It's a MUCH MUCh better unique ability than ram or secure mode. If not a stock ability it should make it into the game at somepoint with a commander.

-Conclusion
Suggested stats:
Armor -160frontal/75rear. Still guaranteed penetrated by just about every german anti-tank except Stug 3, P4 and Panzerfaust.
Hit Points - 480
Penetration - 120 penetration/80 damage
Ram - Remove
Secure mode - Remove
Transport 1 infantry squad - grant (kinda sneaky here because if there was a squad of infantry on the tank it would be able to secure anyway xD)

Chances of relic implementing any of this. Slim to none.
31 Mar 2014, 23:12 PM

You forgot to say it would need to cost 50% of current cost after that.

At least you realize that relics chances of completely breaking the unit because you apparently think its too strong are slim to none.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★