Login

russian armor

T34/76 / Soviet Armour Pathing Issues

31 Mar 2014, 18:21 PM
Patrion 310

Has anyone noticed the horrible paths that soviet vehicles take? I've always known it was a bit dodgy but since playing more games as Germans and seeing how the PzIV paths so much better. Has anyone else noticed this?

I was playing a game earlier on Moscow winter as North side. I had a Tiger tank and a captured T34/76. I had them both selected (they were almost right next to each other) and clicked to move. The tiger moves forward as you would expect but the T34/76 turns around and decides to reverse to the spot, exposing its rear armour. Unfortunately I didn't save the reply and don't have any to hand. I will try to get some examples and upload them but this seems to happen quite a lot. I've found that the SU-85 seem to suffer as well, but don't notice it very much as its more of a static vehicle.

Anyone else had this issue?
raw
31 Mar 2014, 18:43 PM

Yes. The T-34 is very prone to display its rear to the enemy and I don't know why. Turning it around manually takes ages, considering how fast the thing is otherwise. T-34/85 has the same issue.
31 Mar 2014, 18:48 PM

T34 just has horrible pathing. If i get the time, ill post a replay in which the t34 nearly died on multiple occasions front stopping and reversing AROUND ferns, but it somehow lives to bad Pz IV scatter. If the replay has not magically vanished like all my other replays...
31 Mar 2014, 19:43 PM

IS2 takes the Cake for me. Had it stop on a wreck and do donughts around it until its heavy crush kicked in allowing a Tiger to escape from the Center of Semoisky Winter.

T34 is bad too though.
31 Mar 2014, 21:54 PM
Patrion 14

If the replay has not magically vanished like all my other replays...
The replay is probably still there in the file system, but only the replays from the current patch are displayed ingame. From what I know it is possible to manually edit the replay file to point to the current version but that sounds to me like it could create sync errors when trying to replay it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 646

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight