Login

russian armor

Do you think this patch is balanced?

30 Mar 2014, 18:12 PM

Why wouldn't they be equal,isn't that the point in balance?

because the factions arent symmetrical
30 Mar 2014, 18:12 PM
Donator 11

Why wouldn't they be equal,isn't that the point in balance?

you can balance them out in other ways.

For instance, Conscripts does have the ability to Orah & Merge that needs to be taken into consideration, also they are a 6 man squad, not as easy to wipe out since less chances of all the models being stuck together at the same spot.

Balance is way more complicated then just saying this unit will have the exact same stats as it's counter part.

One unit might be better long range, the other short range. One might compliment well with a MG while the other is totally fine on it's own etc...
30 Mar 2014, 18:25 PM

True enough,though I believe that the gap between them is too big in terms of combat performance and they still have the same price...
On a second note,Vanilla Cons vs. Vanilla Grens seemed pretty equal pre-patch
30 Mar 2014, 19:46 PM

As of this state of the game, a cost decrease for the Conscripts could work, let's say about 220 mp or something, though I'd rather see a damage buff ofcourse. And yeah, 60 munitions for an LMG42 that tears through just about every infantry unit that the soviets can throw at it seems a bit cheap, especially concidering you now have to pay a staggering 100 muni if you want your guards to be worth jack shit.
30 Mar 2014, 20:17 PM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

My problem with this patch is that as it promotes more a more campy game play, soviet mortars seem to be incredibly powerful as they consistently one shot units which isn't even funny.
30 Mar 2014, 20:41 PM

My problem with this patch is that as it promotes more a more campy game play, soviet mortars seem to be incredibly powerful as they consistently one shot units which isn't even funny.

Be on the move boy then boy. Adapt, keep your units moving and constantly switch cover. *sarcasm
30 Mar 2014, 21:00 PM

soviet mortars seem to be incredibly powerful as they consistently one shot units which isn't even funny.

You can say exactly the same for german mortars.
They rape everything in this patch too.
30 Mar 2014, 21:01 PM
Patrion 14

New patch means camping gives you an advantage. Its like compangy of houses 2.0. In addition, whats going on with m3+flamers? killing grens without cover in a few seconds.
30 Mar 2014, 21:02 PM

Permanently Banned

Serious advice, at least in 2vs2: Just build some mortar HT, counters mortars + any support weapons the sovjet might throw at you! Sov will have a really hard time countering it, it's nearly impossible because you can easily kill the Guards or the M3 with them in it with a Faust! :)
30 Mar 2014, 21:02 PM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

You can say exactly the same for german mortars.
They rape everything in this patch too.

Soviet precision strike beats the axis counter mortar ability all day every day.
30 Mar 2014, 21:05 PM

Permanently Banned

Soviet precision strike beats the axis counter mortar ability all day every day.

Only if they hit Vet 1 and that's pretty difficult cuz of dat vodka! :D
30 Mar 2014, 21:05 PM

Yeah, sure.
I wasn't talking about that, just the default shots. I thought you were talking about that too.
misunderstood.
30 Mar 2014, 21:48 PM
Honorary Member Badge

i almost participated in this but its biased agian. :(
30 Mar 2014, 21:54 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post30 Mar 2014, 21:48 PMWiFiDi
i almost participated in this but its biased agian. :(

Please explain us, why do you think the poll is biased? I think we nouned the arguments and examples why we don't think the game is well balanced at the moment. Now it is easy to say, we are biased but maybe you could relate to the arguments? :) Would appreciate that.
30 Mar 2014, 22:09 PM
Honorary Member Badge

very simply put does not have all the variables

it only has 2 of the 3 potential vairables. (even if very few if any would vote for it. :))
31 Mar 2014, 07:07 AM

Conscripts sux hard, grenadier spam is OP.
31 Mar 2014, 09:24 AM

New patch means camping gives you an advantage. Its like compangy of houses 2.0. In addition, whats going on with m3+flamers? killing grens without cover in a few seconds.

So what could be changed to promote flanks and agressiv play? Because honestly, I don't see how walk your units as close as possible to the enemy was any better.^^ So going back is no option. Any Ideas?
31 Mar 2014, 09:40 AM

Maybe I don't know what I'm talking about, but is only my senzation, or the MHT and german T1 mortar have now decreased ranges when using abilities like bombardment or incendiary barrage? I find the range absolutely ridiculous.
31 Mar 2014, 09:50 AM

Permanently Banned
Maybe I don't know what I'm talking about, but is only my senzation, or the MHT and german T1 mortar have now decreased ranges when using abilities like bombardment or incendiary barrage? I find the range absolutely ridiculous.

It's just you :). Checked this 10 mins ago as I played Germany and just roflstomped the sovs using 2 Mortar halftracks :). The Sov can do absolutely nothing about this thing at the moment.
31 Mar 2014, 10:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Mar 2014, 22:09 PMWiFiDi
very simply put does not have all the variables

it only has 2 of the 3 potential vairables. (even if very few if any would vote for it. :))

What you are looking for is called 'focus group'

It's practically impossible to make unbiased questionnaire or poll simply because there are to many variables.

not everyone will understand the question the same way because of their experiences, demographics, language, upbringing, etc etc. the list goes on.

Questionnaires or polls are used to get generalized opinion of target market, and then focus group is created to find out the details.

You have space to give your opinion, you chose to be unproductive instead

Lets stop this crap about poll being 'crap' and voice your opinion instead

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight