Login

russian armor

(2 - 4) Carnelska

30 Mar 2014, 00:02 AM
31 Mar 2014, 10:45 AM
Honorary Member Badge

I just had a look at the map for the contest, so these are my first impressions:

Firstly, nice loading screen, but you might want to check the use of English on the little passage that shows while loading. It's a minor point though.

Minimap is present, resource layout is balanced and number of points sufficient, cutoffs are interestingly positioned (I think).

The south base's right MG bunker doesn't cover the hedgerow at the right edge of it's arc. Also both south base and north base only have two exits fairly close to each other due to a river to the west of both bases. The area just outside of the base also has very little cover and is quite bare. I'd imagine this would make it susceptible to basepins as there are few alternate routes. You might want to consider adding a bridge across the river from both bases to avoid this.

Houses and objects look quite cluttered and close to the northeast and southwest of the middle VP in my opinion, and vehicle pathing to the northwest and southeast of the middle VP is a bit messed up due to green cover on the ground. You might want to consider adding more breaks in the arched wall near the centre so vehicles can move more freely.

Also a potential balance issue- there are two southern paths across the river, but only one northern path. The right side VP is a lot closer to the northern player, and is also very cramped due to trees right up close, and the left side VP looks like it has too much green cover

Good use of green cover and yellow cover all over the map, but you might want to consider reducing the amount of it in capture points- for example the points directly southeast and southwest of the northern base.
1 Apr 2014, 13:54 PM

Thanks for the feedback, i'm going to fix everything soon. Sorry I'm learning English, so I don't know how i can fix this. To improve my English, can you send me the text checked?
I'm going to add more textures and objects in bare positions.
Again thank you,
Capitan Loreto
8 Apr 2014, 14:21 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Hey Loreto!

So, as soon as I saw this map come up on the competition, it excited me, because I love the idea that you've gone for! However, I do have some comments that I hope will help you improve!

• Firstly, you need to work on the atmoshere settings to your map! You have a brilliant design, but the sunlight is letting it down. Have a look at how much the detail on your map changes if you rotate the sun and lower it in the sky! All of those grass and pebble textures should have shadows to add depth!
  • Secondly, I see some problems with your territory points. While the detail you've added to the areas is good, it's a major balance concern if they're too cluttered. In essence, if a 250 Halftrack can't enter a territory's capture area from all sides, you have an unbalanced point. What I would recommend is to move all of the defences outside of the capture circle, so that territory is easy to take from defenders, but hard to defend from attackers.
  • And thirdly you have some very bare areas. Remember, you have 8 textures to work with in the Tile tool. On the Tile Tool, select Layer Counts and Chunks, just to see how many of the 8 you have used per chunk. If you have any less than 5, find some more to add! But please make sure that the map overall does not have too many different types of tiles. You want an average of 10 map-wide, and no more than 8 per chunk.

In all, you've made a great first step to creating a fantastic map!

Keep up the good work!
8 Apr 2014, 14:44 PM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Point 1: I think the loading screen would look better in a clearer high quality image. Personally I really don't like the blur effect.

Point 2: Lots of places seem too cluttered. I would take out a few things.

Point 3: The map doesn't have any order. One minute there are wooden houses and then across the street is a fancy wall with a huge stone brick house. For me it just doesn't make sense.

I think less is more imo for this map. Great first attempt though, very detailed!.
11 Apr 2014, 13:30 PM

Ok I have fixed everything you wanted. I hope now the map is done :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★