Login

russian armor

(2 - 4) Forest Crossing

22 Mar 2014, 10:13 AM

Map name: Forest Crossing
Players: 1v1/2v2
Season: Summer

Steam workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=239785238&searchtext=
WB file link: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/77tvqv715kv0o/Balcia

WB file's name is Balcia, don't confuse.
22 Mar 2014, 10:20 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Perfect!

I thought I'd be seeing this map pop up.

Straight through to the judges!

Just as a note, could you drop the same info into the "Post Your Maps Here" thread. This way we can keep track of everyone.
29 Mar 2014, 08:58 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Just a couple of first impressions:
The map feels really large for a 1v1 match, because it's very wide and the bases are diametrically opposed. The action isn't concentrated anywhere because there's so much space and the resources are spread out. I haven't tried it against a human player or 2v2 yet though, so this might change.

The southern base's northernmost bunker doesn't quite cover the left side- there's a small gap that units (I think) can squeeze through. Base sizes are definitely large enough, which is nice.

Territory points are well sized, there are enough of them, and have even cover on both sides or no cover at all which is balanced. Resources are balanced symmetrically as are the VPs, but with both fuel points in relative proximity compared to the rest of the map a team that captures the south-east might be able to rush out armor early (that's just a guess, haven't seen it in practice yet).

The black void is visible at the edges of the map as well, which isn't very nice looking.

Cover looks nice, good mix of green/yellow IMO.

With regards to atmosphere, the map has a greenish tinge if you change the camera angle and look from a lower angle.

Nice use of smoke on vehicle wrecks, the map could benefit with dust wisps which would fit the dry colour scheme.

The map's nice, though the loading screen could be slightly less yellow :P

Just my two cents.
29 Mar 2014, 09:09 AM

Thank you so much for comment!! (What is the dust wisps?) Bunkers are easy :-) And the black edge can be fixed easily but i will realy think so much about fuel east side :-/
29 Mar 2014, 10:53 AM

Black edge about playable area :-(
30 Mar 2014, 11:27 AM

New changes;
Muni. and fuel points change place for fuel fights and fuel balance.
Bunkers are replaced.
Flying leafs are added as action marker.
New loading screen. (It still can change.)

(And I played some 2v2 game vs players and I feel the chalange :-))
8 Apr 2014, 13:59 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Hey again, Tigerfels!

What you have here is a very similar map to Tigreslov, in terms of visuals, but I much prefer this one!

However, many of the same issues from the first map are also present here. While the appearance of yellow grass looks great, you have swamped the map in the same Splat texture, and should try to use Tiles instead, where possible.

Additionally, the only major issue I can see is the fog on your map. It's pea-soup green. If you want fog on a forest map, I would recommend sticking to light brown or yellow tones, to accentuate the colour of the grass you have used.

Have a little experiment with it, and see what you can do!
8 Apr 2014, 14:29 PM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I personally do not like this map for the huge amount of shot blockers and choke points. Some of the wrecks like the Tiger and SU-85 in the corner of the map just look odd. The same could be said for the Chapel in the center. For me it just doesn't look right. Also way too many hedges imo. Other than that good resource layout and vps.
9 Apr 2014, 07:37 AM

I change the fog and down the opacity of grass patch 1 and 5 splats
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight