Login

russian armor

Petition to reset the random ranked ladders

Should the random ranked ladders for team games be reset?
Option Distribution Votes
76%
24%
Total votes: 49
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
21 Mar 2014, 05:39 AM

Now that arranged teams have a separate ranked ladder, I think that a reset for the random ranks is in order. It takes strategy and teamwork to win with a fixed team who you have synergy with but it takes a whole different level of craziness to go in blind, coordinate with new found faction mates and somehow pull through with an awesome win against people who have played with each other for a long time.

Playing as a team is fun but going in with randoms present a different kind of high (or low) and overcoming a well organised team when you have random people thrown at you should be rewarded more so than when playing as a team. Why? Because going in as a team means you have a really big advantage with teams speak and experience playing together against people who type what they want to say and ping like hell to get your attention.

With that in mind, a reset of the current random ranks would present something new to achieve for the rest of the players who would rather do the gung-ho thing whenever his fixed team isn't around.:)

Thoughts? Please keep it civil whenever possible and please no bashing.
Thanks!
21 Mar 2014, 05:42 AM
Honorary Member Badge

my thoughts another biased pole. :)

but yes i think relic should have reset the ladders from the start why they didn't i have no f-ing idea.
21 Mar 2014, 06:02 AM

I wouldn't really call it as a biased poll but everyone is entitled to their own opinion :D

I see it more as a sort of fight for independence, to separate both ranks just seems like the logical route since they implemented an arranged team ranking.
21 Mar 2014, 06:07 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

Full stats reset plox
21 Mar 2014, 06:13 AM

Well, resetting the 1v1 ladder would be rather harsh since there hasn't been any real change to the 1v1 ladder to warrant a ladder reset XD
21 Mar 2014, 06:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Mar 2014, 06:07 AMSpanky
Full stats reset plox

wow no.
why would you want that ? to disgust noob/newbies even more ?
21 Mar 2014, 07:04 AM

Keep in mind, the topic is about resetting the RANDOM TEAM ladder. The 1v1 shouldn't be touched at this point in time. I should have stated that in the options but I can't edit them now. Can a mod edit it to reflect that the poll directed at the random team ladder?
21 Mar 2014, 09:26 AM

21 Mar 2014, 10:02 AM

Yeah probably should.

As an aside, 1v1 reset should be in order, its been several balance patches, there are still remnants of players who haven't played in months in the top 200. Does elo decay even exist? I dont even... In my opinion its no different to a seasonal ranking reset, I don't see the big fuss. Furthermore why is ranking so important where the daily concurrent players is less than 3000, a small percentage of which actually play automatch player versus player games. Ranking reset? Big deal :lolol:

21 Mar 2014, 10:07 AM
Benefactor 360

[...]Does elo decay even exist? [...] Ranking reset? Big deal :lolol:

Elo decay does exist. Why reset it if it isn't a big deal?
21 Mar 2014, 10:25 AM

Don't think it really matters, because random 2v2 is broken due to lack of players and getting matched up vs teams with one player clearly not up to the task at hand.

2v2 random ranks are more to do with luck then ability anyway.

P.S. I play 2v2 random mostly
21 Mar 2014, 10:53 AM

It isn't just on 2v2 BabaRoga, it happens on 3v3 and 4v4's. The best chances of getting a random team vs a random team is during the peak hours in the US and UK times when there are around 1k+ players online.
I've noticed that during Aussie time, there's around 500-700 players online.

And yes, it does matter to some people. It's a totally different ball game when you're in a random team pitched up against an arranged team and the level of satisfaction for beating a fixed team is waaaay more fulfilling and should be reflected on your stats.

Honestly, you don't get to the top 200 in the random ladders if you weren't playing in a team before. Now that arranged teams have their own ranks, some old shmucks can start rising up the ranks and make a name for themselves.

Don't get me wrong here, I love playing with my buddies, but I can't just twiddle my thumbs whenever we have a guy missing or when I'm the only one online. I jump into random games and stats is the simplest rewards for our efforts in the game. (Aside from the enjoyment of playing ofcourse. XD)
21 Mar 2014, 11:02 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Mar 2014, 10:07 AMJStorm

Elo decay does exist. Why reset it if it isn't a big deal?

So you don't want a reset? or you DO want a reset? Do you accept the challenge of replying with a question?
21 Mar 2014, 11:05 AM

@ MVwhine
I understand it matters to some people, and I would like if ranks would use game stats to asign points.

Fair enough losing, but if one has 90 kills in lost game and teamate 12 kills.
I just cannot see it anything else but luck, since both players get same ELO points according to win or loss.

I go by personal experience (maybe its better in peak times)

But I go from rank 2000 to rank 10, 000 like a yoyo. Depending how lucky I am with teamate

Thats why I don't care that much really.
21 Mar 2014, 11:28 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

I would support a reset of just the 2v2, 3v4, and 4v4 random ranked ladders. Either that or just accelerate the decay on these ladders!
21 Mar 2014, 11:57 AM
Benefactor 360

So you don't want a reset? or you DO want a reset? Do you accept the challenge of replying with a question?

I honestly don't care much either way. I don't play anything but 1v1. Why not let the decay take care of it?

Elo gets more accurate the more games you have so why be counterproductive and reset it?
21 Mar 2014, 12:02 PM

The decay should take care of it, but from what I've read from the shout box, people play 1 random game before the 10th day just to avoid decay just to keep their rank.

Speeding up the decay is another way of approaching it but what's to keep a player from continuing the above mention trend just to stay in rank?
21 Mar 2014, 13:09 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

But that's fine if they play a game... they risk getting a bad team-mate and losing, which will hurt them much more than the decay. Seems like a non-problem really. If the decay is working, it will eventually sort itself out.
21 Mar 2014, 13:13 PM

What a stupid poll :/ The options should be somewhat neutral.
21 Mar 2014, 13:30 PM

I don't see how the poll is stupid. The title of the thread does say it's a petition. It simply means that I'm gathering support for the reset to happen so it's quite natural to lean towards "YES". I could have worded the options better but English isn't my first language so my capacity to express myself clearly is not top notch.

About the decay, how does it really work? The way I see it, if the player only plays 1 random game just to delay decay as long as possible, we may be in for a very looong wait. ^_^
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 101
unknown 19
South Africa 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak