Login

russian armor

German S-Mines Broken

11 Mar 2014, 03:53 AM

S-mines are fine now and really easy to deal with as pointed out in earlier posts. It's quite amusing to see people calling it OP when a bloody soviet mine is useful against both tanks and infantry and can one shot a vet 3 PG squad. Oh and might I add soviets automatically have access to demo charges without having to tech for them whereas the Ostheer do not.

I think they should change the demo like the American one, (place a wire and demo it) that commando demo is too crazy now, because even you know the demo is here, you cannot do anything. It will be more balanced if sweeper around, demo cannot be ignited.
11 Mar 2014, 05:18 AM
Donator 11

...fom the title i thought this thread was going to be about how despite the build time buffs, s mines are still useless do to the numerous large signs giving them away...
11 Mar 2014, 08:12 AM
Patrion 15

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Mar 2014, 16:35 PMShazz
You don't have to sweep the mines to render them useless. Just have an engineer on the same screen as the mines and conduct your assault as normal, then cleanup afterwards.

I'd give it some more time before declaring OP/UP one way or another. A huge part of it I suspect (for myself included) is that you have months of time playing as Soviets without ever needing to consider buying a minesweeper. Now you do.

EDIT: It's also quite a gamble to plant mines as the Ostheer player. It just means that many fewer LMG / G43 / FHT / shrek / teller / pintle MGs that can be purchased.

Yup, this needs more time. I really like that the germans have a useful AI mine now, and its power is balanced out by the fact that the Germans must decide on what to use their munitions on. To be honest this feels like a L2P issue. The ability still has giant warning signs, if you allow a non-combat unit to work its way to your cutoff then you should be forced to do the same to defend it.
11 Mar 2014, 10:20 AM

S-mines are fine.
Time to remove S-mines with sweepers is not.

I don't know if sweeping soviet mines takes as much time as planting them, and same for ostheer anti tank mines. But I always have the feeling that sweeping time is close to planting time.
With S-mines, I have the feeling that the sweeping time is waaaay longer since Relic reduced the planting time.

So, maybe just reduce the time to sweep S-mine.

If sweeping S-mine time = planting S-mine time, forgot what I just wrote.
11 Mar 2014, 20:30 PM

They can easily be spammed in front of your advancing troops during combat and slow the Soviets down quite significantly. Running over them like some people in this thread suggested is a horrible idea, I lost several Conscripts trying this. Sweeping or avoiding them is the only option until the first tank arrives. The build time needs to be longer so Pios can't lay them right next to a horde of conscripts !
12 Mar 2014, 01:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Mar 2014, 20:30 PMQubix
They can easily be spammed in front of your advancing troops during combat and slow the Soviets down quite significantly. Running over them like some people in this thread suggested is a horrible idea, I lost several Conscripts trying this. Sweeping or avoiding them is the only option until the first tank arrives. The build time needs to be longer so Pios can't lay them right next to a horde of conscripts !

If that's the case then indeed some tweak is needed. It sounds almost like exploit.
12 Mar 2014, 02:58 AM
Patrion 15

If that's the case then indeed some tweak is needed. It sounds almost like exploit.

Just focus the pios with your "horde of conscripts" good lord.
12 Mar 2014, 04:03 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Mar 2014, 20:30 PMQubix

No kidding, even if you are drunk enough not focusing fire on the Pio, the S-mine just planted by Pio would be triggered by one cons model and the Pio will be ripped into pieces.

One advantage of S-mine fast planting time is, used to plant at opponents retreat route and wipe out his retreating half dead squad. Best to use against shocks, guards and snipers.
12 Mar 2014, 05:01 AM
Patrion 14

S-mine damage and build time is fine.

The problem raised by the OP, that hasn't been addressed yet, is that you can start building them as long as you have 60 munis, but only actually spend 15 for more or less all the benefits in terms of area denial.

So the solution is simple: force Pios to build all four stakes, and spend the whole 60 munis, or else cancel the build and receive nothing (which is, let's be honest, how building absolutely everything else in the game--as well as vCOH--works).

No more spending 15 munis for 60 munis' worth of area denial.
12 Mar 2014, 05:17 AM

Hey, what was that word again? Uhm... oh yeah, ADAPT!

Must be tough not being able to mindlessly wander the map anymore...
12 Mar 2014, 06:18 AM

S-mine damage and build time is fine.

The problem raised by the OP, that hasn't been addressed yet, is that you can start building them as long as you have 60 munis, but only actually spend 15 for more or less all the benefits in terms of area denial.

So the solution is simple: force Pios to build all four stakes, and spend the whole 60 munis, or else cancel the build and receive nothing (which is, let's be honest, how building absolutely everything else in the game--as well as vCOH--works).

No more spending 15 munis for 60 munis' worth of area denial.

15 muni S-mines is so small and more obvious than Captain Obvious
12 Mar 2014, 06:45 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Mar 2014, 06:18 AMPorygon

15 muni S-mines is so small and more obvious than Captain Obvious

And as a doctrinal choice, soviets can spam thos pesky little 7 munitions mines all over the place...
12 Mar 2014, 06:53 AM

Oh, right. Please, pleeeease..., please make S-mines cost 120 amo PER MINE if possible, put bigger signs, reduce their damage, and put a chance that stupid pioneers will blow themselves up while planting them.

Sounds silly, isn't it?

So the "nerf s-mines" posts sound.
12 Mar 2014, 07:10 AM
Honorary Member Badge

the biggest effect they have in the game is that is it far to easy for the German player to "bunker down" in the early game and to hard for the soviets to stop/unbunker them.

not that s mines being actually being useable isn't good. :) i need to toy around with them more probably.
12 Mar 2014, 08:41 AM

Rarely ever encountered or used these mines at all. Only annoyance is when you send a consquad to cap somewhere far off, and coordinate your attack somwhere else.

Playing germans Id rather have a decent all purpous mine though. Especially considered Soviet units like T-70 and clowncars. Basic 30 muni mines for both sides would have saved Relic a lot of work and tears.
12 Mar 2014, 10:54 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Mar 2014, 04:03 AMPorygon

No kidding, even if you are drunk enough not focusing fire on the Pio, the S-mine just planted by Pio would be triggered by one cons model and the Pio will be ripped into pieces.

One advantage of S-mine fast planting time is, used to plant at opponents retreat route and wipe out his retreating half dead squad. Best to use against shocks, guards and snipers.

That's nonsense sorry. The build time is like 1 second so you can't focus fire them and also small arms do not trigger mines and the Pio can simply retreat after finishing one part of the minefield. It's funny how ALL of your posts are PRO Ostheer and your stats show that you almost exclusively play OH.
12 Mar 2014, 11:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Mar 2014, 06:45 AMDerBaer

And as a doctrinal choice, soviets can spam thos pesky little 7 munitions mines all over the place...

Can we say the same with soviet snipers and be done with 2 "issues" at once?
12 Mar 2014, 12:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Mar 2014, 10:54 AMQubix

That's nonsense sorry. The build time is like 1 second so you can't focus fire them and also small arms do not trigger mines and the Pio can simply retreat after finishing one part of the minefield. It's funny how ALL of your posts are PRO Ostheer and your stats show that you almost exclusively play OH.

So I exclusively playing Ostheer, still getting Soviet top 20, meaning what? MVGame
12 Mar 2014, 12:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Mar 2014, 12:11 PMPorygon

So I exclusively playing Ostheer, still getting Soviet top 20, meaning what? MVGame

I've never said you're a bad player. However you're obviously an OH fan which is okay. I I prefer Ostheer as well. But it's illogical to say that your Soviet rank proves that Sovs are op. You could also say that all other Soviet players suck because Soviets are underperforming ;)
12 Mar 2014, 12:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Mar 2014, 12:11 PMPorygon

That playing with soviets is currently easyer. I know that, I perform verry good with soviets though playing mostly with germans. :) But I don't really mind. So it was in COH 1 when playing with americans was like a walk in the park compared to the hell that was playing with PE.

P.S. Now manny guys will come telling me I don't know shit. :D
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS