Login

russian armor

I broke the replay function :(

8 Mar 2014, 02:45 AM

Hi guys!

A few weeks ago, I tried out a tweak that I found on the Steam COH2 community page that explained how to disable the game from writing replays in order to increase game performance. The process was simply denying SYSTEM, Administrators and my user account Write access to the playback folder.

This also stopped me from downloading and watching other people's replays. Therefore, I reversed the changes, by giving those accounts Allow access to write to the playback folder. I restarted my system, however, from the in-game replays menu I cannot see any of the replays that reside in my playback folder.

Can anyone help me dig myself out of this hole? lol

8 Mar 2014, 03:14 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Are you sure they are new replays? There have been many little patches over the last week, and any non-current patch replays would not appear.
8 Mar 2014, 04:31 AM

Ohhhhh...maybe that is it then. Yeah, the replay that I am trying to watch is not very recent.

Here's another question then, how would I watch that older replay?
8 Mar 2014, 04:40 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

8 Mar 2014, 04:48 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 11

I'm curious about how much this tweak improved your game performance. Did you notice a difference?
8 Mar 2014, 05:37 AM

You can't, I'm afraid.

Damn, that's a pitty.

I'm curious about how much this tweak improved your game performance. Did you notice a difference?

Nothing noticeable at all mate. I have a fairly high end system as it is, but was curious to see if it did make a difference. Maybe it would make a difference for someone on a lower spec system, but did nothing for me.
8 Mar 2014, 17:50 PM

Permanently Banned
Inverse has a tool which can update version numbers in the replay, allowing newer versions of coh to play them. As long as there weren't any gameplay changes, it works.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★