Login

russian armor

Poll: Should Relic decide which maps we can play?

15 Mar 2014, 14:49 PM

Will be interesting to see how the maps work out: http://mtw_coh2.challonge.com/mTwOpen2vs2Tourney1
15 Mar 2014, 15:00 PM

I personally would like 5 vetos available in 1v1, there are that many maps i dnt enjoy playing.
15 Mar 2014, 15:09 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

I find that 2v2s on small maps designed for 1v1 (Crossing, Langreskaya, etc) devolve quickly into static frontline campfests, where players sit their tanks back, shell each other with arty, and rinse and repeat sacrificing inf to die in the capping circle of the center VP. Those games are very dull imo.
15 Mar 2014, 16:47 PM

120mm on Crossing is just yisus kraist... lol
21 Mar 2014, 16:29 PM

the people have spoken, unban the maps Relic!
21 Mar 2014, 16:32 PM

To be honest i enjoy the small maps a lot more than the big maps like moscow in 2v2. Rails and metal is the perfect size though for a 2v2 in my opinion, but that also depends on the map layout of course.

this. I hate the beginning of large maps. so much ground to cover makes me sigh.
Only Relic postRelic 21 Mar 2014, 18:09 PM

We've always curated the automatch map pool, going back to vCoH. Many of the maps while excellent fun are not suited to competitive play.

It was a design mistake to show you which maps that we curated out of the pool in CoH2, as while there was rarely complaints about maps not being included in automatch in CoH there has been a lot of them in CoH2.

The idea of just giving people more vetos is great, but at the end of the day the number of maps that are suitable for competitive play in the game is always changing, and so are the number of unsuitable maps. We'd have to constantly be changing the number of vetos that people had.

Matchmaking would get slower as a result of having more maps vetoed and fewer overlap between what you and others are not vetoing.

Not only that but people would start eliminating themselves from automatch without realizing it. If the community consensus was that these X maps were great for competitive play and most people vetoed these Y maps, and then someone only selects Y maps they'll have a harder time matching with others.

Players have the right to play any map they want in other modes.

If there was a strong consensus in the community that we should just enable all maps for automatch, then we could. However my guess is that the majority of people of competitive players who care about ladder rankings and win/loss ratios would not like that in practice.

21 Mar 2014, 22:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Mar 2014, 18:09 PMNoun

If there was a strong consensus in the community that we should just enable all maps for automatch, then we could. However my guess is that the majority of people of competitive players who care about ladder rankings and win/loss ratios would not like that in practice.

This
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS