Login

russian armor

Ram

PAGES (10)down
28 Feb 2014, 21:46 PM

First off, from the start of this game, I always thought it was a stupid ability, but katilof is right. If they did remove ram then t3 is basically useless for AT. The t34-76 is already useless against tanks except assault guns, but those are a rare sight.

Then again ram, is hardly used when I play. It's a really stupid move if a soviet player uses ram against a heavy tank. Think about it, majority of the time, and I mean majority, it only shocks or slows down the heavy tank. Which basically is throwing away 85 fuel right there.

Now if you're using a P4, ostwind or stug, it's a different story. Those tanks you need to support them with infantry or else they just take a lot of unnecessary damage. Basically what I'm saying is that your an idiot if you send a t3 vehicle without support. It really isn't difficult fausting a t34. If you're using a P4 stay very close to the tank, you are easily going to kill the t34 anyways. As for stugs, no player will ram a stug, it's an assualt gun they can circle it. Same thing for ostwinds, t34s kill already easily kill them.

Ram isn't as bad as you make it seem. I'm guessing that you were unlucky and the Ram messed up your heavy tank completely. The only time I use ram is if I have a partner with a su-85 behind me or I have other means of AT supporting me. It's a dumb and gimmicky ability, I know, but it's necessary.
28 Feb 2014, 22:03 PM

Why don't we:

1) Remove Ram, give T-34/76 ability to upgrade to T-34/85, replace call-ins with something else

OR

2) Make ram context sensitive (it breaks what it hits) and more consistent (maybe even 100%); also make it do more damage against lighter units (do more damage against a PIV vs a Tiger)
28 Feb 2014, 22:11 PM

Because:

1)Relic never removed an ability from the game and somehow I doubt it will change and for the 2nd part, because 34/85 is a completely different tank, its not upgunned sherman where only cannon was different. Upgrading 34/76 to 34/85 makes as much sense as upgrading 34/76 to KV-1.

And

2)Thats probably mechanically impossible.
28 Feb 2014, 22:13 PM

The only thing wrong with Ram is that 1) it's a dice roll 2) It buggs out randomly.
28 Feb 2014, 22:34 PM

First off, from the start of this game, I always thought it was a stupid ability, but katilof is right. If they did remove ram then t3 is basically useless for AT. The t34-76 is already useless against tanks except assault guns, but those are a rare sight.

And tier 3 should be useless as AT for the most part. It is insane to believe that a t-34 is able to completely neutralize targets that sometimes cost 3 times then the t-34 and can turn a game upside down. Not to mention soviets have plenty of commanders that can cover the lack a tier 3 or tier 4.

su85's are supposed to be the main AT of the soviets. and to be honest they are way easier to use then m10's in coh that required flanking. But it still requires combined arms skill and positioning to use.

no need for that with the t-34 just spam away and engage the enemy with low risk high reward attacks . and what if a ram fails? t-34 is cheap enough to easily replace it. i have won plenty of games i should not have won as the soviets and lost plenty of games as germans because of this insane ability.

If the germans p4 had ram i would instantly stop using the any other tank except that one
28 Feb 2014, 22:39 PM

If germans had ram it would never be used, because it would be rained by AT nades before it would get halfway to the target.

Is it so hard to do the same as germans?

And saying T3 should have no at? How biased can you be? Maybe to balance that, german T3 also should have short barreled P4 and StuG? Are you up for that? Then it would be balanced! You would have 3 AI vehicles in T3 for both factions and 1 AT in T4, perfectly balanced game and no ram if you ask me!

All you need to do is say how much you love this idea, because its perfect for you. You need AT? You have T2 and T4 for it.
28 Feb 2014, 23:07 PM

I dont like ram, but can live with it if it was a vet only ability. Why is it a standard ability when the stug has to gain vet to do something similar. This way ppl couldnt just build a cheap quick t34 to ram your tiger removing the ability to fight back vs Sov heavies.
28 Feb 2014, 23:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2014, 22:39 PMKatitof
If germans had ram it would never be used, because it would be rained by AT nades before it would get halfway to the target.

And saying T3 should have no at? How biased can you be? Maybe to balance that, german T3 also should have short barreled P4 and StuG? Are you up for that? Then it would be balanced! You would have 3 AI vehicles in T3 for both factions and 1 AT in T4, perfectly balanced game and no ram if you ask me!

All you need to do is say how much you love this idea, because its perfect for you. You need AT? You have T2 and T4 for it.
Yes it is long set up time for pfausts and gets buggy if tank moves while you are aiming, plus grens dont have fire up. Hell yeah Id take a short barrel p4. German tanks lack any real anti inf punch compared to Sov wtf kill machines. Command tank p4 is actually pretty good but being doctrinal and coming in while other heavy tanks are on the battlefield negates its impact.
28 Feb 2014, 23:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2014, 22:39 PMKatitof

Last time i checked the t-34 was completely capable of destroying tier 3 units and and visa versa its the same . what i object to however is that the very cheap t34 is capable of threatening its dedicated counter (panther , tiger) for only half the cost of said dedicated counter
28 Feb 2014, 23:46 PM

Yey, another "Ram" topic. Can we close this one please?
28 Feb 2014, 23:54 PM

Why do you and kAtiof sound like exactly alike hmm. that was katiofs last post in a whole different thread. Are you lovers maybe?
People see things differently than you, explain how you see it, or why even post. You get offended by others typing opinions in a forum?
1 Mar 2014, 00:52 AM

You guys are right ... Ram like nearly every other soviet ability is op!

Let's even it out!

I propose we give every medium tank ram (so p4 and panther gets ram). But to further balance out tanks every tank now also gets the Soviet cap territory ability as vet one instead of blitz. Seems fair to me and its 100% even.

While were at it let's also "balance" out assault guns and give su85s and isu152s the target weakpoint ability!

:lolol::lolol::lolol:

In all seriousness the amount of one sided crap that gets spewn by the German fanboys is insane. You guys make it sound like a ram from a single t34 one shots a tiger lol. First of all if its 1v1 like that the t34 is nearly guaranteed to lose both its engine and the main gun whereas the tiger is not! Even if the soviet gets lucky and takes out the Rogers gun and engine you now have two tank commanders waving at each other as the Rogers slowly backs away cause neither vehicle has a gun. Oh ... Your mad the the units supporting the t34 get the kill on ur tiger after it rams it? Where is your support? Off having bratwurst at the barracks? shouldnt they instead be by your tank ... You know ... Supporting it?

Yes ram is rng as hell but good god stop making it seem like its so one sided. There have been many games where one ram disabled a tiger, but also many where 3 or 4 rams fail completely. I like the idea of having it be a set stun duration for both vehicles based on the vehicle your ramming. But oh well i also like it jist fine the way it is cause its fun. If you're too bad to keep inside minimum range or outside max ram range in obvious ram situations (obvious ram situations like a t34 at low health coming in all fast and furious style, or a t34 backing away from a foggt etc etc) then its not the ability that needs work butnyour playstyle.

1 Mar 2014, 01:31 AM

Why do you and kAtiof sound like exactly alike hmm. that was katiofs last post in a whole different thread. Are you lovers maybe?
People see things differently than you, explain how you see it, or why even post. You get offended by others typing opinions in a forum?

How about you actually play a single game with Soviets. Build a T3, no call ins allowed, and try to fight German T4, or even better Tiger, using just that. You will see the purpose of Ram and why they won't change it.

Oh and don't forget to share your experience. I am very curious.
1 Mar 2014, 02:04 AM

My support vs a t34 is the gun of the tiger, ram is cheezeball just how you like it. But why is it free from start let its earn it abilities like the rest of the tanks in Coh2.

The play a game as Soviets is getting old and unconvincing, you won't being winning your gold star debate badge for that one.

Im not saying change ram, you can keep arguing with yourself on that one. Im saying it should be a vet ability. Just like stug needs to earn its vet ability to actually become reliable.

And how doesn't only building t34s vs German t4 and call ins equate to playing Germans, and only building Stugs, no t4, no call ins? You are stretching hard to defend ram I understand, but at least make a credible argument.
1 Mar 2014, 02:32 AM

My support vs a t34 is the gun of the tiger, ram is cheezeball just how you like it. But why is it free from start let its earn it abilities like the rest of the tanks in Coh2.

The play a game as Soviets is getting old and unconvincing, you won't being winning your gold star debate badge for that one.

Im not saying change ram, you can keep arguing with yourself on that one. Im saying it should be a vet ability. Just like stug needs to earn its vet ability to actually become reliable.

And how doesn't only building t34s vs German t4 and call ins equate to playing Germans, and only building Stugs, no t4, no call ins? You are stretching hard to defend ram I understand, but at least make a credible argument.

And how T-34/76 is supposed to get this Vet1 ability against German T4 or heavy tanks? Sniping infantry all day or taking damage from heavy hitters? You don't have a clue how Soviet T3 works and how effective T-34/76 really is. Go and play this single game I was talking about before. Build only T3 and see for yourself.
1 Mar 2014, 02:38 AM

Here is credible argument. I have had Panthers rammed countless times and they survived countless times.

I don't go marauding around the map with my Panther, PiV or use Elephant as front line unit. I don't do it primarily because of Ram and to lesser extent Rifle button.

If there was no ram, I don't see any danger in just marauding around and killing everything that comes in my path. quickly becoming vet 1 and losing every care because no SU85 or Zis can deal with my vet 1 blitz.

Due to these factors I am often able to come off better then my opponent who attempts to kill my heavy tanks. I am not saying they don't never succeed, I am saying that if they do their job better, they prevail and if I am well prepared then i don't lose that Panther or at least deal more resources drain during the engagement.

I am excluding RNG Gods here as they can swing the tide one way or the other.

I also think that Ram ability is stupid and whole concept of 'hard counters' paper/rock/scissors (asymmetric design) has been taken to levels that makes it far more important which unit one has, rather than how the units are used or strategic cat and mouse game that should be present in Strategy game. At least hold more importance.
1 Mar 2014, 03:19 AM

There are soo many people on this forum that defend soviets nowadays.

I just posted a replay, it shows how ridiculous this ability is.
1 Mar 2014, 04:03 AM

There are soo many people on this forum that defend soviets nowadays.

I just posted a replay, it shows how ridiculous this ability is.

Thanks buddy

You are lifesaver, most of us have never seen and have no idea how ram looks like.

If it wasn't for your replay, I would be totally unaware that this ability exist and it is so ridiculous.

Thanks again

Lost like 30 T34 ramming tigers without killing single one :thumbsup:
1 Mar 2014, 04:14 AM

oh god , jaigen has found coh2.org , go to the gamereplays coh balance subforums have lookc at his threads and extract your conclusions ,
1 Mar 2014, 05:28 AM

Reduce the effectiveness of Ram against heavy tanks (especially full health ones) and increase penetration of the SU-76..?
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 43
Russian Federation 89
unknown 47
United States 19
United States 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W