Login

russian armor

Re AT stats

28 Feb 2014, 07:30 AM

Hi guys

As much as I love Relic's commitment to improve on stats records and ladders adn so on, I sort of find the new AT ladders useless. I have many friends and often play with different friends. As such, I have like 20,000 different combos on my playercard. Everytime i play with a new friend, a new stat line appears.

Would it be possible to aggreggate these? And have only one rank for AT and 1 for Pub? Would make things so much clear-er

Thanks!
28 Feb 2014, 08:07 AM
Patrion 14

I haven't played much since patch for various reasons, but will ramp it up soon again. Really agree on this one, the stats will be very hard to read, also it will be very hard to judge what rank is a good rank. Say a high rank player like Hans plays with 10 diffrent ppl in 2v2 regularly. And let's also assume all teams play well. They will now occupy 10 spots on the ladder. Now if each of these guys have 10 friends that 100 spots. For 10 ppl... For me who is further down the food chain I will end up with a rank that looks poor but most likely isn't. It would kind of make sense to have some "mean AT rank" that puts your own skill and rank in focus ans not the teams.
28 Feb 2014, 14:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2014, 08:07 AMLe Wish
I haven't played much since patch for various reasons, but will ramp it up soon again. Really agree on this one, the stats will be very hard to read, also it will be very hard to judge what rank is a good rank. Say a high rank player like Hans plays with 10 diffrent ppl in 2v2 regularly. And let's also assume all teams play well. They will now occupy 10 spots on the ladder. Now if each of these guys have 10 friends that 100 spots. For 10 ppl... For me who is further down the food chain I will end up with a rank that looks poor but most likely isn't. It would kind of make sense to have some "mean AT rank" that puts your own skill and rank in focus ans not the teams.

that is a great point
didnt think of it from this perspective, totally agree. There will probably be a 1 million teams ladder for 2v2...
28 Feb 2014, 14:22 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

I'm very happy that Relic is keeping the stats for individual teams. I'd far prefer to see how you do with particular team-mates than to see how you do with "all of them," which would be pretty meaningless. Now particular teams have a real incentive to compete to be the best and take the #1 ladder spot. That's what Arranged Team is all about.
28 Feb 2014, 14:25 PM

But thats exactly how it worked in vCoH, y u no like it? :P
28 Feb 2014, 14:50 PM
Patrion 14

I agree with you on the top 10 or even 100 rank ami. It shows what teams are great. In that perspective it's a really great feature. But for us guys down the ladder. I'm ranked around the 2000s. In 2v2s. Ladders isnt everything, but knowing im around there feels good. It's not an honest representation since I play with a lot of different ppl, I know that very well. But the amount of team combinations are staggering. I'm going to do a lame comparison here but bare with me. Any sports team are ranked by their team efforts not on the individual line-up. Either they win, or they don't, no matter who is on the field, they will move up or down the ladder as a team. What I'm trying to get across is the sheer number of positions occupied with the same player on the same ladder. Few if none players play on multiple teams in "real sports" the same season. I know that out of the 130 000+ Playing 2v2 I know I was 2000.

That said, it's fun to see with who you get the best teamgames with, and that your overall rank doesn't shoot down the drain because you are training up a new guy. Don't get me wrong, I like this addition, I am simplytryong to point out stuff that I feel needs to be lifted in the discussion. I don't want to go back to the old system, more help with tuning in the new.

A solution then.

1 display the total amount of teams in each game mode somewhere.
2 display what percentile you are in of all players. If I'm ranked 20000 with playerdude65 but that's top 5%, hell! that would make me happy.

If you do n1 hen the n2 shouldn't be all that difficult either. Just maths.

:)

... Last edit....

I have seen the stuff I suggested somewhere for the old ladder. Think it was on the official site.
28 Feb 2014, 15:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2014, 14:50 PMLe Wish
I agree with you on the top 10 or even 100 rank ami. It shows what teams are great. In that perspective it's a really great feature. But for us guys down the ladder. I'm ranked around the 2000s. In 2v2s. Ladders isnt everything, but knowing im around there feels good. It's not an honest representation since I play with a lot of different ppl, I know that very well. But the amount of team combinations are staggering. I'm going to do a lame comparison here but bare with me. Any sports team are ranked by their team efforts not on the individual line-up. Either they win, or they don't, no matter who is on the field, they will move up or down the ladder as a team. What I'm trying to get across is the sheer number of positions occupied with the same player on the same ladder. Few if none players play on multiple teams in "real sports" the same season.

That said, it's fun to see with who you get the best teamgames with, and that your overall rank doesn't shoot down the drain because you are training up a new guy. Don't get me wrong, I like this addition, I am simplytryong to point out stuff that I feel needs to be lifted in the discussion. I don't want to go back to the old system, more help with tuning in the new.

+1
Then there seems to be a problem with AT against random teams. Everytime a top-player enters a new AT that dont have 10 matches he could face any skilllevel. This means noobs like me will be matched against toptierplayers again and again. I have a AT but when hes not around it was quite fun before to go 2v2 random. It isnt anymore.
28 Feb 2014, 15:53 PM

Permanently Banned
The biggest flaw in the new AT system is the fact that AT teams can still be matched up vs non-AT randoms.
28 Feb 2014, 16:15 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2014, 15:53 PMRazh
The biggest flaw in the new AT system is the fact that AT teams can still be matched up vs non-AT randoms.

I don't agree. Player base to small to divide that way.
28 Feb 2014, 16:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2014, 16:15 PMLe Wish

Imo its better to the dishes while you wait for a decent game than being steamrolled every game.
28 Feb 2014, 17:08 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2014, 16:15 PMLe Wish

We do this process manually already. The top 2v2 players simply reset the search and accept waiting ~20 mins between games. It is not worth wasting time on a complete steamroll which results if you let the matchmaking system do its own thing (The search parameters expand so far that people which have just installed the game are matched up with you)

The current system makes people rage quit the game and is just as painful for us to play as it is for the people on the receiving end. The current system is lose-lose for all.
28 Feb 2014, 17:25 PM
Patrion 14

Well, the big issue here is rather the 10 adjustment games In my opinion.
28 Feb 2014, 17:34 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

I'd say give it a while to sort itself out. Right now all 2v2 AT teams are starting from scratch and most of them still have "P" provisional ratings. See how it is in a week or two when most of those teams actually get ranked.

@le Wish earlier post: we could spend more time coding some totals for you (adding up all your AT stats). That's simply math and obviously we could do that. But we wouldn't be able to aggregate the most important thing, which is your ELO rating. Relic doesn't offer ELO as part of their Ladders API.
28 Feb 2014, 17:45 PM
Patrion 14

Ami, fair enough. Still curious about the later suggestions. Total amount of teams vs your own place? 100 / total teams * team rank = % the lower your score the better you are of total players. Still, the total amount of teams is perhaps not provided by the API either?
2 Mar 2014, 16:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2014, 08:07 AMLe Wish

On the contrary, the stats on a combined AT rank will be extremely hard, if not impossible, to interpret as the sole purpose of an AT rank is to show how well a particular team performs, rather than how well a part of the team performs in combination with other parts of other teams.

As a result of the current AT rank system, ranks will be diluted, whereby the skill level spread between different ranks is lower. Time will tell the skill cap between the various ranks.

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2014, 14:50 PMLe Wish
A solution then.

1 display the total amount of teams in each game mode somewhere.
2 display what percentile you are in of all players. If I'm ranked 20000 with playerdude65 but that's top 5%, hell! that would make me happy.

If you do n1 hen the n2 shouldn't be all that difficult either. Just maths.

This is not a solution.

Normally, an individual player or team can gain a rank by winning or not playing at all. In this proposed "solution" the following scenario might occur:

1. Player A and Player B are a team and are ranked top 1000; top 5%.
2. Player A decides to form a team with Player C.
3. Player A and Player C play a game and lose.
4. Player A and Player B do not gain a rank, but are now top 4%.
5. Player A got into a higher percentile by losing a game.

Obviously, the first 10 games should only be used to assess the rating of a new team versus teams with an AT rank (10 games or more). This way, losing to high ranked teams and non-ranked teams with top tier players will not significantly affect the future rank of a new team.
2 Mar 2014, 16:44 PM

I'd say give it a while to sort itself out. Right now all 2v2 AT teams are starting from scratch and most of them still have "P" provisional ratings. See how it is in a week or two when most of those teams actually get ranked.

Yeah, lets hope that it gets better. Just some patience i guess. If it does get better I think that the AT is a great thing.
2 Mar 2014, 16:50 PM
Patrion 14

This is not a solution.

Normally, an individual player or team can gain a rank by winning or not playing at all. In this proposed "solution" the following scenario might

Didn't think of that. Could be fun though to see the total amount of teams somewhere to get an idea where you are. Right now I have no clue how many teams there are and if my rank is good or bad.
9 Mar 2014, 14:02 PM

Now there is a new ladder for AT it would be cool if relic could reset the randomteam-ladder. As it is at the moment the ones being top in randomteamladder has never even played with a randomteammate. I guess playing with a randomteammate is a diffrent experience from playing with your regular mate.
9 Mar 2014, 15:05 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Now there is a new ladder for AT it would be cool if relic could reset the randomteam-ladder. As it is at the moment the ones being top in randomteamladder has never even played with a randomteammate. I guess playing with a randomteammate is a diffrent experience from playing with your regular mate.

I agree, that would be a good idea.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight