Login

russian armor

WW2 Daily Pic

PAGES (193)down
10 Sep 2016, 11:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Sep 2016, 17:50 PMafrrs

you cant judge a book by its cover , watch the all thing .

Well in this case you certainly can. Someone who doesn't want to be identified while making an argument clearly doesn't want to held accountable for their claims. But science depends on reliable sourcing and verification; someone who does't want to play by those rules can be safely ignored.

Anyway, I can make a good probable guess as to why, and it doesn't do any favours to the idea of taking him seriously.
10 Sep 2016, 16:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2016, 11:23 AMsquippy

Well in this case you certainly can. Someone who doesn't want to be identified while making an argument clearly doesn't want to held accountable for their claims. But science depends on reliable sourcing and verification; someone who does't want to play by those rules can be safely ignored.

Anyway, I can make a good probable guess as to why, and it doesn't do any favours to the idea of taking him seriously.

that may be , but if you dont watch to the all thing you cant give a formulate opinion about what he is saying . Listen to the man 1st then judge him all you want .
10 Sep 2016, 17:44 PM

Time is the one thing we all get at the same rate, rich and poor alike. It is too valuable to waste on a someone who advertises their own unreliability.
10 Sep 2016, 18:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2016, 17:44 PMsquippy
Time is the one thing we all get at the same rate, rich and poor alike. It is too valuable to waste on a someone who advertises their own unreliability.

suit yourself
10 Sep 2016, 18:21 PM

Kampfgruppe Peiper moves toward the column of prisoners from the US 99th Infantry Division on the way to the city ofLanzerath. Belgium, December 17, 1944.

Tank PzKpfw IV at the entrance to Villers-Bocage ,on 14th June 1944 .

11 Sep 2016, 09:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2016, 18:05 PMafrrs

suit yourself

Roger wilco.
11 Sep 2016, 11:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2016, 09:31 AMsquippy

Roger wilco.

what wilco mean ?
11 Sep 2016, 16:09 PM

'Will co-operate'
11 Sep 2016, 20:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2016, 16:09 PMsquippy
'Will co-operate'

10 4
11 Sep 2016, 21:03 PM

StuG III assault guns, Berezhok. August 14, 1941.

German machine-gun in a trench near Leningrad. July 8, 1943.

Column of StuGs from 7.SS-Freiwilligen Gebirgs Division «Prinz Eugen» in Yugoslavia, september 1944.

13 Sep 2016, 21:08 PM

13 Sep 2016, 23:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2016, 11:23 AMsquippy

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2016, 17:44 PMsquippy

Maybe he is a US Senator and doesnt want his identity shown?
Maybe he is a an Allied Fan Boy, but doesnt want to be seen talking about Axis?
Or Maybe, he is talking about contravertial topic online and doesnt want that history to taint his future.
There are many reasons why people cover their identity. Listen to what is said, not the method of delivery.

AFFRS, great pics mate, keep em coming - especially the Tiger Tanks
14 Sep 2016, 00:47 AM

Or Maybe, he is talking about contravertial topic online and doesnt want that history to taint his future.
There are many reasons why people cover their identity. Listen to what is said, not the method of delivery.

AFFRS, great pics mate, keep em coming - especially the Tiger Tanks

its afrrs , but ok , no biggy .

thanks , i just wish more people around here in the forum could contribute more for the thread with their own pics .
14 Sep 2016, 01:57 AM

afrrs: I for one think you are just about the best. Every day for more than two years I look forward to visiting this thread every evening when I get home from work.... mostly just to see what you posted during the day. Your posts are one of the highlights of my day and I wanted to express my deepest gratitude to you for your efforts.
As for me... I retired from the US Navy about 20 years ago. Have been to 62 countries and am an amateur historian, with a Bachelor Degree in WWII History. I have played roughly 3500 hours on COH2... all of it against the AI... I have some old injuries that prevent me from doing anything quickly, like micro on units. I have to pause frequently during games. Also, I have another valid excuse... I am now old and fat.
As to your request that others would contribute more to the thread... I have many pics of my own on my hard drive and I have tried several times to post them in this thread, but I am not real computer-smart and am unable to figure out how to post my pictures. Next time my grand daughter visits I intend to ask her for help. She is 7 going on 19. Scary.
Again... I salute you. To me you are somewhat of a hero. I am confident that my respect and admiration for your efforts are shared by many around the world. Thank you.

14 Sep 2016, 02:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Sep 2016, 01:57 AMDappy
afrrs: I for one think you are just about the best. Every day for more than two years I look forward to visiting this thread every evening when I get home from work.... mostly just to see what you posted during the day. Your posts are one of the highlights of my day and I wanted to express my deepest gratitude to you for your efforts.
As for me... I retired from the US Navy about 20 years ago. Have been to 62 countries and am an amateur historian, with a Bachelor Degree in WWII History. I have played roughly 3500 hours on COH2... all of it against the AI... I have some old injuries that prevent me from doing anything quickly, like micro on units. I have to pause frequently during games. Also, I have another valid excuse... I am now old and fat.
As to your request that others would contribute more to the thread... I have many pics of my own on my hard drive and I have tried several times to post them in this thread, but I am not real computer-smart and am unable to figure out how to post my pictures. Next time my grand daughter visits I intend to ask her for help. She is 7 going on 19. Scary.
Again... I salute you. To me you are somewhat of a hero. I am confident that my respect and admiration for your efforts are shared by many around the world. Thank you.

you flatter me , but i apreciate it .

i usually go around other foruns and web pages looking for some picture that is worth putting here , its not a big deal , i just pick the really good ones and i share them here . If you want some sources i can give it to you , just private message me on that .

i know what you mean , coh2 can be stressfull sometimes , if it hard for us sometimes imagine how the real commanders felt during ww2 time .

i can teach you how to put pics here , its not hard , just private message me and give you some help .
16 Sep 2016, 02:06 AM

Does anybody know what this is all about?

16 Sep 2016, 02:36 AM

Experimental Delta Wing
16 Sep 2016, 03:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Sep 2016, 02:06 AMDappy

Does anybody know what this is all about?

Panzerflareaust pistol?

Sure looks like a nice way of losing a hand.
16 Sep 2016, 08:06 AM

Why not?

First, I skipped about, and saw nothing strikingly controversial. Second, I think I have a pretty good guess in what way it's supposed to be "controversial" and something he might be "tainted" by.

Third, and most importantly, that isn't how science, and academia more generally, works. It's the controversial topics that garner the most attention, that will get you a Nobel prize. And seeing as nobody gets burned at the stake any more for heresy, it's also perfectly doable.

So this hiding identity stuff is all bogus; there;s no credible reason for it. And so what we are left with is figuring out which non-credible reason might be operating.

And I suspect we can all make a pretty good go of that, can't we? Indeed, suggesting he might worry that this history will 'taint' his future sort of gives it away, doesn't it? At the very least, it;s very suggestive.

But not all of them are GOOD reasons.
16 Sep 2016, 11:06 AM

Hitler: The Ultimate Collection of Speeches - 2 Hours of Hitler Speeches with subtitles
PAGES (193)down
3 users are browsing this thread: 3 guests

Livestreams

Germany 17
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak