Login

russian armor

How to counter Soviet Sniper heavy strat + Guard combo

6 May 2014, 09:01 AM

Guys you are so strange "why we must use commanders to deal with snipers? Why we must think to deal with snipers? Why we must play to deal with snipers?" I cant say that every game for germans i saw snipers, thats first. And the second: yes you need to think, use commander and make other stuff to counter snipers cuz its the game, when you all will learn how to counter snipers they will try to use another tactics. And then you will complain that you cant bit it cuz you want to drink coffee and play game that wants all micro you can give it!

And my personaly response for guy said: "why we must use commanders to deal with snipers?" Becase he used guards commander to play snipers!
6 May 2014, 09:43 AM

Guys you are so strange "why we must use commanders to deal with snipers? Why we must think to deal with snipers? Why we must play to deal with snipers?" I cant say that every game for germans i saw snipers, thats first. And the second: yes you need to think, use commander and make other stuff to counter snipers cuz its the game, when you all will learn how to counter snipers they will try to use another tactics. And then you will complain that you cant bit it cuz you want to drink coffee and play game that wants all micro you can give it!

And my personaly response for guy said: "why we must use commanders to deal with snipers?" Becase he used guards commander to play snipers!

I'd like to know the secret of countering double snipers + guards
6 May 2014, 18:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 May 2014, 09:43 AMTNrg

I'd like to know the secret of countering double snipers + guards

This.
2v2; one goes guards + snipes, other goes cons.
GG

e: talking about skilled players. The days of G43 counter are over
8 May 2014, 05:54 AM

This.
2v2; one goes guards + snipes, other goes cons.
GG

e: talking about skilled players. The days of G43 counter are over

Clearly scout cars will absolutely - oh wait no they're even less effective now that they're more vulnerable to small arms.

Well maybe if we get snipers of our own - oh wait no the Sov sniper is a solid counter to the German sniper.

Perhaps if we get a lucky mortar shot I guess?
8 May 2014, 06:00 AM

You know what? How about we give Grenadiers oorah? :D
8 May 2014, 06:05 AM

Clearly scout cars will absolutely - oh wait no they're even less effective now that they're more vulnerable to small arms.

Well maybe if we get snipers of our own - oh wait no the Sov sniper is a solid counter to the German sniper.

Perhaps if we get a lucky mortar shot I guess?

How I would usually deal with this kind of play is that I try not to think of them as terminators that just 1 shot your squad members. I don't know how to explain how to counter this. What I usually do is that I just go on and keep pushing. This guy "xinyang" or something tried snipers + guards against me while his mate went conscripts and his snipers ended up of being no use at all but delaying me from taking his territory. He kept trying to push but he couldn't lay a foot on my soil. :D btw i never use mortars ;)
8 May 2014, 06:08 AM

I won that match, was on the doorstep of their base.
8 May 2014, 06:33 AM

Basically the only good counters nowadays is going mht and spamming the incendiary barrage ability or by going elite troops and getting dat vet 2 sniper.
9 May 2014, 16:43 PM

I've had a few good runs with the 2 snipers + guards. Granted I lost a lot of manpower but all it takes is knowing where he is and bating him. You can usually take care of one model with 2 grens and good flank on their retreat with pios should do the trick.
9 May 2014, 17:34 PM

The only way to deal with heavy soviet sniper strats (in 2v2) is to sacrifice at least three goats before playing. The RNG gods can be a bit greedy, but that's what it usually takes. Don't bother trying to out-micro a player that goes for TWO soviet sniper teams, just pray.

Some people might say there is no evidence for RNG in this game and that taking down a skilled players sniper takes...well, skills, but it is of absolute importance that you don't listen to them. All you have to do is pray. And sacrifice goats. And yeah, don't forget to money in the box that says "elite troops"! God bless you all.
9 May 2014, 17:48 PM

The only way to deal with heavy soviet sniper strats (in 2v2) is to sacrifice at least three goats before playing.

This goat does not approve
24 May 2014, 07:09 AM

In 1v1, you can just rely on 3-4 grens, flanking with hmg (has 45 range)and using the scout car carefully. I think you should try to maximise your kill count and try to use LOS to avoid. Be patient and wait until you're ready for a flank/push.

In 2v2, one player needs to get a MHT, and the other SC with spotting scopes. I've had success with this where I only use the SC to do dmg against flanking units, and only chase snipers when guards have retreated (and there's no AT guns). Grens with lmgs/g43s are a must too.

An ostheer sniper could work, just match the kill count of the Soviet's sniper and avoid them.

27 May 2014, 10:28 AM

G43 not worth anymore, the nerf bat hit too hard. Instead get the lmg42, so much firepower at long range makes it worth
29 May 2014, 22:16 PM

Im primarly a 1v1/2v2 Soviet player and i use snipers from time to time. The best way to kill them from a Soviet perspective is to pressure alot with Grens and aggressively cap the map. Then 2 Scout cars used carefully can scare the snipers away, just by their presence. Fast T3 into Ostwind can work aswell, just make sure to get a Pak or two. Mortar halftracks are also effective as they constantly threaten the sniper, and 1 shell often decides everything..
1 Jun 2014, 00:49 AM

I use Soviet snipers all the time, even though it makes me feel bad, and....there is no really effective counter. Only a number of accumulative softcounters that just might work if the RNG gods are swayed in your favour. Its filthy strong, full stop.
4 Jun 2014, 21:18 PM

LMG spam is somewhat decent counter, just stay still and eat a few shots while firing from max range. Usually couple of bursts force a retreat. A halftrack is really a must I think.
27 Jun 2014, 21:45 PM

As per title. I am having troubles playing against this strategy. I am able to do fairly ok against it in 1v1 but I have not won a game when Soviet player used this opening in 2v2 after recent patch.
Problem is this build is present in 85% of 2v2 games I play recently so any help would be more than welcome. I tried everything with minor success to put it mildly.
Even if I manage to survive into the mid game I am usually so far behind that I am unable to win.
27 Jun 2014, 21:48 PM

yeah in 2v2 couple of snipers is the worst,but i usually use mortar,build bunker and scout car chasing
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 111
South Africa 2
unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak