Login

russian armor

Possible Squad Wipe Solution ?

25 Feb 2014, 21:44 PM
Donator 11

If any of you played C&C Generals maybe you remember that you had the "X" hotkey to spread your troops from each other.

Since squad wipes often happen when all the models are all on top one an another, how about a hot key to spread them as far as they can from each other ?
25 Feb 2014, 22:15 PM

If they could implement such a function then there would be no need for such a function because it makes no sense for troops to ever be clumped up in the same unit space.

My guess is it's hard and or expensive to do so they gave up on it.
25 Feb 2014, 22:19 PM

run away? come back with tanks.
25 Feb 2014, 22:32 PM

If they could implement such a function then there would be no need for such a function because it makes no sense for troops to ever be clumped up in the same unit space.

Sad, but probably true.
25 Feb 2014, 22:38 PM
Donator 11

Having a method or function for the squad to automatically spread can be a lot more difficult to program then having a user forcing this by hitting a key and activating the event when needed.
26 Feb 2014, 06:20 AM

Give back cap walking, not more Soviet mines squad wipe :)

Why don't they just fix the AOE damage, decrease the killing area, and replace the original area as weaker splash damage, wound but not kill? like vCOH
26 Feb 2014, 06:32 AM

Increase Grenadier squad size to #5 Models, balance damage and health to be the same as before, keep Pgren squad as they are. What'd you guys think about that?

Red Alert 1 released in 1999, had a scatter command. It was the "X" button and it would spread all your selected units out. Just a fun fact.
26 Feb 2014, 07:21 AM

Grenadier wipes don't bother me, it's the random pgren death. Maybe because grens seems to space out more, I seldom have as much trouble with them. I think they need to seriously re-examine their AOE system.

Right now my solution is simply to retreat at 75% health with Pgrens, anything less and you are at more risk for a wipe on retreat or from AOE weapons...With that change in my play I've managed several vet 3 pgrens today, but it obviously has a very large opportunity cost when you're retreating squads that still have 3 guys.

26 Feb 2014, 07:51 AM

Grenadier wipes don't bother me, it's the random pgren death. Maybe because grens seems to space out more, I seldom have as much trouble with them. I think they need to seriously re-examine their AOE system.

Right now my solution is simply to retreat at 75% health with Pgrens, anything less and you are at more risk for a wipe on retreat or from AOE weapons...With that change in my play I've managed several vet 3 pgrens today, but it obviously has a very large opportunity cost when you're retreating squads that still have 3 guys.

It doesn't really work, a T-34/85 can squad wipe a full health vet 3 PG if RNG God smile upon the T-34 gunner.
26 Feb 2014, 08:33 AM

Rifle grenade kill usualy 3-4 models from conscript squad, or maxim. Greater spacing between soldiers is welcome.
26 Feb 2014, 08:50 AM

I think they would have to do a rework on squad ai all together. They simply do way to much retarded stuff causing you too lose a lot of soldiers needlesly. Like the other day, an IS2 is rolling up, so I instantly retreats my pgrens, only to have the back two of them stopping at a fence to fire off some shots at the tank while the other to runs back to base, both dies of course. The amount of soldiers and skirmishes lost simply do to squads acting stupid is way too high.
28 Feb 2014, 19:28 PM

5 Granadiers squad

Solution.
1 Mar 2014, 03:36 AM

I think they jst to put more space between pgrens, irregulars too. These units get one shot far to often. Grens for some reason seem to space out better.
1 Mar 2014, 07:05 AM

It's a problem with the diving into cover machanic. They should add a check for whether more then two entities are too close and either have them dive to different cover or simple not take any.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★