Login

russian armor

New vCOH Patch Bug list

21 Feb 2014, 18:54 PM

So i figured we start a new list so that perhaps one day it can be fixed.

My own biggest issue currently is the Lobby Bug.

We still don't see all the games. The only fix that I can ascertain is that now it won't tell you a game is being filtered from your view when it actually exists.

Were I cynical, I might think that there was no attempt to fix the bug, merely to hide that it exists. i am more inclined to believe they have not completed the fix. Others in the chat room are clearly more cynical than me.

I would love LOVE it if this was fixed (plus a new break to maphacks. On a site known to Relic there is even a guy who said where in the code he goes to make his hacks.

Anyone else have anything to add?

21 Feb 2014, 18:57 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

They should bring back Lobby-Levels so they attract more players ;)
21 Feb 2014, 19:36 PM

still are sync errors
21 Feb 2014, 19:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Feb 2014, 19:36 PMmorten1
still are sync errors

To some degree there always will be. I know that some hacks can cause sync error.

I wonder if something about the "kick" screen was causing problems and its removal was seen as some sort of fix. If so I don't think it is working.
21 Feb 2014, 19:49 PM

They should bring back Lobby-Levels so they attract more players ;)

Was there something about lobby and levels that broke something else? The original Steam patch had Levels which seemed to track your skill level pretty accurately if you weren't trying to take advantage of glitches. And the Lobby showed all the games.

Both of these stopped working with the new patch though Automatch seems to work better. If they are related couldn't Relic just poll players which they prefer? And if not why can't we get levels and lobby. Again, I am not asking for major changes just for things that existed before on Steam and don't now. Or some explanation. We are, most of us, mature enough to hear the truth.
21 Feb 2014, 20:21 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Feb 2014, 19:49 PMAvNY

Was there something about lobby and levels that broke something else? The original Steam patch had Levels which seemed to track your skill level pretty accurately if you weren't trying to take advantage of glitches. And the Lobby showed all the games.

Both of these stopped working with the new patch though Automatch seems to work better. If they are related couldn't Relic just poll players which they prefer? And if not why can't we get levels and lobby. Again, I am not asking for major changes just for things that existed before on Steam and don't now. Or some explanation. We are, most of us, mature enough to hear the truth.

Yeah i wasn't complaining on their idea to lift up the Exp you need to level up, but i think it is slightly too high ;)

Lobby Levels weren't working shortly after the Steammove... For one Patch they worked again but you needed 80 Wins for Lvl 5 and with the next patch they disappeared again :/
22 Feb 2014, 21:11 PM

Worldbuilder is messed up. Keeps crashing and has bad performance...
22 Feb 2014, 21:54 PM

edited, i'm a dummy
23 Feb 2014, 18:32 PM

The lobby bug is now worse, since people that don't know about the old bug will just think there are no games at all. I don't play basic matches personally but this is just driving people away from the game
23 Feb 2014, 19:22 PM

still buggy as hell. sigh.
27 Feb 2014, 11:12 AM

Permanently Banned
The lobby bug is now worse, since people that don't know about the old bug will just think there are no games at all. I don't play basic matches personally but this is just driving people away from the game

What ppl fail to understand is that this is not the COH we know 2 years ago when at every given time there were at least 4000 ppl playing, in the evenings 8000+ easily. Now there are like 800 during day and a little over 2000 during evenings.

And i don't think there's a loby bug or invisible filters either. Every game i host is visible to everybody so far. The easiest way to see how many ppl are online but not in a game its to look at the chatrooms. If u add up all the ppl in the chatrooms you'll see it never goes over 100.

But the automatch is working great, with the new patch u can auto 1v1 2v2 3v3 4v4 at the same time which is good if u dont want to wait too much for a game. Forget the basic games, go auto and problem solved, that if u dont mind the retards u are prone to be paired with in 2v2 random, that's very frustrating and the sole reason i decided to quit this game 4ever.

It was nice while it lasted but lets face it, this game is dead already and not even fun anymore, after 4 years of playing there's nothing that could surprise me anymore so its time to take a break from games, until Blitzkrieg 3 is released, that will be the last nail in Coh's coffin.
27 Feb 2014, 17:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Feb 2014, 11:12 AMFritzX

What ppl fail to understand is that this is not the COH we know 2 years ago when at every given time there were at least 4000 ppl playing, in the evenings 8000+ easily. Now there are like 800 during day and a little over 2000 during evenings.

And i don't think there's a loby bug or invisible filters either. Every game i host is visible to everybody so far. The easiest way to see how many ppl are online but not in a game its to look at the chatrooms. If u add up all the ppl in the chatrooms you'll see it never goes over 100.

But the automatch is working great, with the new patch u can auto 1v1 2v2 3v3 4v4 at the same time which is good if u dont want to wait too much for a game. Forget the basic games, go auto and problem solved, that if u dont mind the retards u are prone to be paired with in 2v2 random, that's very frustrating and the sole reason i decided to quit this game 4ever.

It was nice while it lasted but lets face it, this game is dead already and not even fun anymore, after 4 years of playing there's nothing that could surprise me anymore so its time to take a break from games, until Blitzkrieg 3 is released, that will be the last nail in Coh's coffin.

lol, like 2v2 random was giving good partners in the past! ofc dude, u don't enjoy the game anymore...we don't give a fuck. happy? the game will be dead the same day servers get unplugged, not when some random scrub says so.
27 Feb 2014, 23:35 PM

28 Feb 2014, 00:20 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Feb 2014, 11:12 AMFritzX

This is just wrong. The lobby bug absolutely exists.

You can be on with mates (one or several) and on Steam chat or COH chat they will tell you the game is up but you can't see it. The only reliable way to populate such games is via invite. So now we have the new dynamic where strangers friend each other for the sole purpose of inviting them into a game they cannot see.
28 Feb 2014, 03:58 AM

Whats wrong with that dynamic, make moar friends like that!

On a more serious note though, just play auto, it works just fine.
4 Mar 2014, 15:06 PM
Patrion 14

You can select if you wish to play 1v1 and 2v2 at the same time. But you can't choose for both game types the maps you'd like to play.
You select them for 1v1, and after that you select them for 2v2. When you go back to the 1v1 maps they are all selected again. I think there is the same problem with the factions you select.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight