Login

russian armor

equalize cp requirements for all call in infantry

7 Feb 2014, 18:42 PM

Let's have all infantry callins (shocks, guards, assgrens, osttruppen, irregulars, partisans, etc ...) show up at 0 1 or 2 cps. Most of the units are cost/cd balanced already (meaning shocks are better then assgrens but also cost more, osttruppen are cheap and weak but easily spam able, etc ...) so having them show up at the same time shouldn't be an issue. This may provide a semblance of equality rather than just screaming to have every soviet callin changed to 53 cps :p

We already managed to cry enough to get the kv8 and the is2 to come out at the same time (and approximately at the same time as the tiger) and if I'm not mistaken elefant guns and isu152s are the same as well right? Why not do it to infantry as well and call it good
7 Feb 2014, 19:17 PM

This only shows that you have absolutely no idea about the role of call-in infantry.
To show it in more clear way:
Its like allowing Scout cars to come at the same time as Panthers, because why not?
7 Feb 2014, 19:41 PM

Actually this is an employment of a common argumentative method (reductio ad absurdum) which aims to show that the current situation (assgrens/osts at 0 and guards/shocks at 1) is more or less fine by providing a clearly unrealistic counterpoint which is to make them all equal at 0, 1, 2, or 53 :p

Just trying to break up the monoty of "nerf shocks and guards" a little bit ... And who knows maybe some good ideas come out of it.

As a side note I do think that assgrens and shocks more or less fill the same role (but I could be wrong I dont buy dlc commanders) except that shocks are better at it as is reflected by their cost. So why should they not arrive at the same time? Not that I have an issue with assgrens since I learned how to properly play against them (just like I don't have an issue playing against shocks)
7 Feb 2014, 21:15 PM

so you claim this is an unrealistic suggestion then you try to make an argument for it? cant tell if youre trolling or if you really have no concept of balance. its generally accepted that shocks and guards are coming out too early.
7 Feb 2014, 22:12 PM

I certainly don't claim to know everything about balancing but I do think I have a general idea. And in my personal opinion the patch were on now is probably the most balanced. There are only a hand full of things that need adjusting (mostly with the elite troop doctrine) and honestly I don't think guards/shocks are one of them. Yes they're strong coming in at 1cp but its clearly overcommable, and is in my oppinion unnecessary to be bumped to 2cp. Will i cry about it if/when it happens? Maybe a little but ill get over it :p just like i got over kv8s and dshkas being moved back slightly.

Clearly comparing shocks to osttruppen was meant lightheartedly and it would be silly to have them come in at the same time. But assgrens and shocks do strike me as similar in the role that they fill (dedicated AI). Am I way off base?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★