Login

russian armor

starting position problem

6 Feb 2014, 01:22 AM

I'm trying to make a map for the first time and have been reading tutorial and videos on youtube about it. I'm making a 1v1 map.

In order to save my map I need to have 2 starting position and some entry point. Here's where the problem is. I save my map and an error comes up.

Sector creator entity starting postion id (100000) is on nil sector, please delete it or create a sector with it.

Player 1 start position is placed on a invalid sector, please create a sector for starting position. (both players)

Anybody knows what Im doing wrong?

6 Feb 2014, 07:50 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

You will have to create a territory for the starting position. You can do that by selecting Territory tool (About in middle of the tool bar, labeled as TER ) and clicking "Add territory under new points"

This will create a small territory under the starting positions. You can paint it by clicking "Sample" and then clicking to the newly created territory. You can finish painting by clicking "Sample" again. Make sure player map entry positions are within the starting territory. Otherwise you won't be able to use commander call-in units, such as Tiger or Elefant.
6 Feb 2014, 13:22 PM

You can, Calculate Verc...(however it is spelled). It will auto assign the terretory. Just don't do this, after you have customized your sectors, or you will have to redo them.
6 Feb 2014, 18:24 PM

Thanks, onto the next problem.. -.-

I get this now: You need to have 2 or more starting positions owned by different players in a skirmish/MP map.

No idea what I'm doing wrong, any good tutorial on mapping? The one I viewed completly forgot to show how to create a territory for starting position..

Edit: for some reason the starting point was not working, re-doing them worked. No more error.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★