Login

russian armor

opel blitz

5 Feb 2014, 23:41 PM

I've been told that the Opel blitz buff from one players Opel is given to all of his teammates in multiplayer ... Is this true?
5 Feb 2014, 23:42 PM

Since closed alpha...
5 Feb 2014, 23:45 PM

Not that I really care but isn't that a lil busted for 4v4s? Same mp investment yields 4x the reward ... I get that ops work the same way but those are at least available to both factions :p
5 Feb 2014, 23:56 PM

Everything is 'lil busted' for 4v4 really.
What is completely fine for 1v1 or 2v2 is broken for 4v4 and always will be.
7 Feb 2014, 13:38 PM

'lil busted' LOL
7 Feb 2014, 14:59 PM

Everything is 'lil busted' for 4v4 really.
What is completely fine for 1v1 or 2v2 is broken for 4v4 and always will be.

Trust me I get that coh is balanced around 1v1 not 4v4 (been that way since vcoh) ... But how would making the Opel blitz bonus only impact the owning players resource gain unbalance 1v1 in any way? This seems like an easy fix to help balance 4v4 withiut changing anything else. Its a really low hanging fruit in that it wouldn't even take much effort to changd and is 100% guaranteed to not mess with 1v1 at all. Its absurd that it gave a group bonus in the first place lol.
7 Feb 2014, 15:17 PM

Permanently Banned
OP's give resources to all players too... it isn't really news. If the opel didn't work this way as well, it would be useless in comparison.
7 Feb 2014, 15:23 PM
Honorary Member Badge

There are plenty of things that are more or less useful in multiplayer than 1v1, this doesn't make them wrong
7 Feb 2014, 15:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Feb 2014, 15:17 PMRazh
OP's give resources to all players too... it isn't really news. If the opel didn't work this way as well, it would be useless in comparison.

The thing is there is a limited number of normal VPs especially in team games. I've seen multiple close games where both side have caches on all the points on their side, but the germans gain a huge advantage because one guy on their team also put opels on all the points as well.

Maybe if they made it so they couldn't use both caches and opels on the same point.
7 Feb 2014, 15:47 PM

I was suprised to find out that I can't throw anti-tank grenade at Opel, only Molotov and rifle damage.
Anyway, this things die fast.
7 Feb 2014, 17:46 PM

opels have already been nerfed by increasing the cost and reducing the bonus income they give. you counter them the exact same way you counter caches. if you see the enemy has them, go hunt them down. if you camp and let them get resources youre doing it wrong. putting a cache AND opel on every point is 500 mp per sector. you should have a huge mp advantage if the germans do that. if you dont, you were already losing badly
7 Feb 2014, 18:18 PM

Opels don't need "nerfed" they are fine the way they are for 1v1s. In team games all that needs to happen is to only give the resource bonus to the owning player. Its simple math really. In 1v1 500mp to Opel/cache a point give +x fuel and muni. In 4v4s its +4x for the exact same investment and 500 mp split 4 ways is a drop in the bucket just like 200 for the cache split 4 ways is nothing.

I understand that caches work like this and thats fine. Both teams can do it so it is by default balanced from 1v1 all the way to 4v4. The opel however is not. Could you imagine the quantity of axis tears if the soviet industry fuel income buff was privded to all four soviet players yet the mp drain only impacted the person spec'd into soviet industry (in essence this is exactly how the Opel works now)?
7 Feb 2014, 20:49 PM

Its simple math really. In 1v1 500mp to Opel/cache a point give +x fuel and muni. In 4v4s its +4x for the exact same investment and 500 mp split 4 ways is a drop in the bucket just like 200 for the cache split 4 ways is nothing.

i think you should check your math. you can split the cost of caches, but only 1 doctrine can build opels. if 1 player builds 4-5 opels they need to take 1200-1500 mp away from their army. youre essentially playing a 3v4 at that point. like i said, thats only possible if you were already losing and/or you camp and let the germans do that.

Could you imagine the quantity of axis tears if the soviet industry fuel income buff was privded to all four soviet players yet the mp drain only impacted the person spec'd into soviet industry (in essence this is exactly how the Opel works now)?

that not at all how opel works. reduced mp income is not the same as an upfront mp cost. industry can give you +13 fuel right when the game starts. thats the equivalent of over 4 fuel caches. it would take over 12 minutes for -65 mp income to equal the cost of those caches, while you get the full +13 fuel bonus the entire time. also, fuel caches and opels can be destroyed, in which case the investment is lost and never pays off. industrys bonus cannot.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 82

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight