Login

russian armor

Elite Mod Continues - Version 2.2+

PAGES (9)down
17 Mar 2014, 16:01 PM

Like I said before... Imo too much changing of stuff that's not 100% necessary. I know it's tempting to do that, simply because sometimes an own idea is better than some other's ideas.

But that's always an issue if it's "unofficial" - if relic says: yea this will be the official patch, that's great and everyone will be like "oh well, i don't like this, but I have to play it as it's official and mandatory".

If it's a mod/community patch ppl are like "o lol they nurfed ma favrite abuse tactix so I won't play dis and stick with official so I don't have to learn playin' LOLOL MVGame"

That's actually the reason why we never bothered with patching vCoH in Eastern Front Mod - no point, as ppl will complain most of the time anyways. Because modders never know better than the developer :rolleyes:
17 Mar 2014, 23:27 PM

I feel with 90% of the ideas or the areas I would touch, most of the pro players would agree.

Those 90% are just plain bug fixes and standard straightforward gameplay improvements. (like lowering ridiculous cost of tank smoke, buff to lmg, buff to mortars, small nerf to sniper meta etc ...)

Eastern Front mod idk, I never followed the balancing really. But it's hard if you design a whole new faction to get everything right. I did play the game a few times, and I did enjoy the gameplay.

I've seen some balancing patch notes in Modern Combat mod and those were quite ridiculous. Completely throwing one unit from the one extreme to the other. A bit like what Relic managed to do with things like Croc Sherman. From beast to useless.

Small changes are always the best way to create balance.
17 Mar 2014, 23:39 PM

Absolutely agree.

I also agree that your changes are definately good, and bugfixes are always welcome. However, for a patch/mod to be largely successful you need a large player base.

"Pro gamers"/Experts are like 1% of all total players, so if you have nothing to catch the other 99% players the patch is doomed to not be played. It's sad, but true. I've seen it for many very nice fan projects (like bt2dc for BFME 1/2, Kanes Wrath 1.03, Warcraft III and others).

And among all the other players there is a certain percentage who actually enjoys the abuse because it allows easy wins they'd otherwise not get.
30 Mar 2014, 20:52 PM
Donator 22

Kolaris, has there ever been a statement from Relic whether to implement your changes and fixes sometime? Or simply unclear?

I ask myself if I should hope for it or forget about it.
3 Apr 2014, 01:17 AM

Kolaris, has there ever been a statement from Relic whether to implement your changes and fixes sometime? Or simply unclear?

I ask myself if I should hope for it or forget about it.

Forget about it just as much Relic should actually forget about that silly COH2.
18 Apr 2014, 14:49 PM
Donator 22

It is now clear to me that I cannot forget about it. Though past experiences clearly support your suggestion, the pain of forgetting about it is to high. I therefore stay in the illusion that someday, for some reason, this will come.

I would love to know, how much money the still make on the game. I hope a lot.
19 Apr 2014, 08:58 AM

Once they release the Western Front for Coh2, ofc with alot of DLC coming along, they will create a competition to coh1.
I don´t know, if you will earn more money, having 2 of your products competing each other.
19 Apr 2014, 11:31 AM

19 Apr 2014, 18:39 PM
Donator 22

of course it is competition, but why bother? the old CoH bundle (vanilla, OF, TOV) sells for only slightly less than CoH2 here in Germany.
So if some people still buy the old one....nice. They might still buy CoH2 later, as many of us did who liked the original series.
They only thing that sucks is maintenance for old titles. But they seem to have solved that elegantly by hardly maintaining the original. Simple. I think it will go on like that for a while as long as it sells. And that metascore from the old CoH is simply too awesome to kill it I guess.
19 Apr 2014, 21:58 PM

Vcoh should be F2P
19 Apr 2014, 23:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Apr 2014, 21:58 PMmorten1
Vcoh should be F2P

Hackers rejoice!!! :p
7 Jun 2014, 12:30 PM

Hackers rejoice!!! :p

We Would have to create a Super wall of anti haxes, and super defence programs.
7 Jun 2014, 19:09 PM

BTW I still feel the Wehr Flammenwerfer in T2 needs a range upgrade, since vs americans, since it can easily be stickied, since it's standard range is aroudn the same as a sticky, and the moment a vet 2 rifle appears, it can't do anything.
8 Jun 2014, 20:39 PM

hmmm I MIGHT pick it up in the near future, but I won't make potentially dangerous changes like that. Halftrack flammenwerfer damage is underestimated. Making it easy to kite with would be silly. It would have no counterplay.
8 Jun 2014, 22:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Jun 2014, 20:39 PM12ocky
hmmm I MIGHT pick it up in the near future, but I won't make potentially dangerous changes like that. Halftrack flammenwerfer damage is underestimated. Making it easy to kite with would be silly. It would have no counterplay.

ATG and 1 rifle with sticky would kill it, just like m8 is countered by pak with 1 shreck green or volk near it.
Not to mention how it has lower speed and resilience than a puma.
11 Jun 2014, 10:00 AM

Reduced HT and StuG MG42 Suppression by 50%
Btw is this for the back mg on the halftrack or both of them, since i don't see why this change should be made for it, not really one of those annyoing things or unbalanced.
14 Jun 2014, 01:23 AM

Does somebody still have version 2.3 in their downloaded files and could u upload it? pretty plz

I've removed some loose and unnecessary files to lower the file size, you should delete the existing Elite Mod folder from your Company of Heroes directory.

Damn u for this Kolaris, but I think I found the fix
15 Jun 2014, 19:55 PM

Hey guys! I'd like to play Elite Mod, if anyone interested add me on steam please.
16 Jun 2014, 17:29 PM

What's missing? Flammenwerfer min/max damage is switched?
16 Jun 2014, 17:41 PM

Reduced HT and StuG MG42 Suppression by 50%
Btw is this for the back mg on the halftrack or both of them, since i don't see why this change should be made for it, not really one of those annyoing things or unbalanced.

Its for the back of the HT MG.

Which reminds me, that one particular wehr strategy is rarely or never seen in a 1v1, the Tier3 unlock for LMG42 and FlamerHT.
I remember, that in past discussions the nonuse of the FlamerHT was explained by "particular situations" such as anti house fights.
However i think the reason is, because it is not a viable upgrade compared to the alternatives. If you are tier3 you can get a Puma fast, which snipes rifles on range reliable. The Puma is also more mobile and can evade a sticky easier than a halftrack. Also the Puma can be upgraded to engage an M8.
From looking at the stats the flamer upgrade for the halftrack looks very powerful, but in a ingame situation, thats just on paper.

What are your opinions?
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight