Login

russian armor

Company of Heroes 2: Alpha Battle Server Preview (video)

5 Feb 2014, 16:09 PM

Permanently Banned
Hey everyone. Mycelus here. Wanted to spread the word on my new video I recently put up. It's a preview and explanation of the alpha, and some short gameplay footage. This is to convince users to switch over to the alpha opt-in, as well as demonstrate the improvement thanks to the servers.

This is NOT meant to an informative video on gameplay, other than the occasional babbling you'll hear from me (I'm saving this for a series I'm workin on for CoH 2)
This is NOT meant to be a demonstration of the uber skill I possess
This is NOT meant to be a commentary type video or replay.

Just wanted to put those disclaimers up so that people don't go "wow noob why didn't you _______" and so forth

So let me know what you guys think :) This is not the best video on YouTube or about CoH 2, not intended to be, just slowly pumping out videos and improving my YouTube skills as I go along.

http://youtu.be/7rRpgPtaEVI
5 Feb 2014, 16:39 PM
Donator 11

i dont know how the video went in the end but i watched around 5 minutes but i failed to see the point of the video since you hardly demonstrated anything and like you said:

"This is NOT meant to an informative video on gameplay, other than the occasional babbling you'll hear from me (I'm saving this for a series I'm workin on for CoH 2)
This is NOT meant to be a demonstration of the uber skill I possess
This is NOT meant to be a commentary type video or replay."

I wanted to see you demonstrate the responsiveness compared to vanilla coh2 and show of the improvements.
5 Feb 2014, 17:02 PM

Well at least I enjoyed seeing you floating 600+ mp with only one engineer and one conscript squad on the battlefield while unlocking at grenades the first two minutes of gameplay with no vehicles in sight.

To comment on the actual purpose of the video, servers seems much more stable. All I can see without playing it myself though.
Only Relic postRelic 5 Feb 2014, 17:46 PM

That's awesome that you're seeing good results, thanks for promoting the test.
5 Feb 2014, 18:09 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post5 Feb 2014, 17:02 PMSait
Well at least I enjoyed seeing you floating 600+ mp with only one engineer and one conscript squad on the battlefield while unlocking at grenades the first two minutes of gameplay with no vehicles in sight.

To comment on the actual purpose of the video, servers seems much more stable. All I can see without playing it myself though.

Seriously dude? Seriously?

Guys, I had like 4 hours of sleep and it was my first game of the day, I was more worried about the video than I was about the game, so I don't see why you're commenting on what the "point" of the video is or what I'm floating. I haven't been playing as "hardcore" lately due to the fact that I've been playing on Alpha Servers and have been having a hard time finding a game with my regular group, there's 4 to 8 of us on at a time, so we've been playing against AI and/or against each other for fun, this match was just with some random low levels and I wasn't taking it seriously quite obviously.

Point of the video like I mentioned clearly is to promote the alpha servers, and show that the experience is lag free. The gameplay is there just for the people who wanted to stick around to watch it, it wasn't anything worth watching, I was pretty clear about that.

Thank you for the input, just wanna make sure we're on the same page.

@Noun - Thank you for your hard work Noun.
5 Feb 2014, 19:07 PM

Permanently Banned
Thanks for bringing attention to the Alpha servers, greatly appreciated. I am not sure what the purpose of the video was though. It would be nice if it showed some input lag comparisons or at least went over the features the Alpha is looking to test. 30 minutes of useless gameplay doesn't really serve a purpose other than saying 'hey look it didn't crash'
5 Feb 2014, 21:14 PM

Permanently Banned
Video - To show there's virtually no lag

Gameplay - Threw it in for anyone who just likes to view gameplay, so that the video isn't 1 minute long. I didn't do comparisons because that requires downloading another 700 or 1.5 GB or however much patch it is, and I would imagine that because everyone played the game... they wouldn't need a reminder of just how bad p2p was.

Maybe I'm not understanding you.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS