Login

russian armor

Come on. Alpha test

3 Feb 2014, 17:15 PM

there is a big problem with the alpha test. There are too few players.
So get your head out of your bum, and meet your destiny on the battleservers.

hope 2 see u soldier.

The no lag thing is pretty damn sweet, so please support.
3 Feb 2014, 17:23 PM

Relic needs to do a better job incentivizing players to join alpha.
3 Feb 2014, 17:58 PM

ya are so right!
3 Feb 2014, 18:13 PM

This.

I play games for fun, this sounds like work.
3 Feb 2014, 18:25 PM
Patrion 26

Whats the point? We know people will still lag, but now its not gonna be all the people in the same match =)
I would try and test it, but after updating I realized I was not in the mood to get stomped by unbalance.... ( completely off topic)
So I will return to the game when there will be patches with fixes
3 Feb 2014, 18:26 PM
Patrion 14

the most people that i have seen on has been 9,so i gave up, went be to beta :(
3 Feb 2014, 18:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Feb 2014, 18:13 PMStoffa

This.

I play games for fun, this sounds like work.

It must be really hard to be you, if you consider downloading the alpha battleserver version as work. :D

come play the alpha man. It is fun, just need more players.
3 Feb 2014, 18:34 PM
Patrion 26

It must be really hard to be you, if you consider downloading the alpha battleserver version as work. :D

come play the alpha man. It is fun, just need more players.

You would be surprised that some people actually get paid to download and test.
The position is called a "tester" =)
4 Feb 2014, 11:58 AM

From coh2 steam news page

30/1 2014.
As we continue to work towards improving the Company of Heroes 2 online experience we’re turning to you, the community, to help us test one of the biggest new technologies in Company of Heroes history – the Battle Servers. Once launched the Company of Heroes 2 Battle Servers will be an important step towards reducing lag during online play and preventing unfair play such as drophacks.

Since these servers require such a massive change in how Company of Heroes 2 online play works, we want to test them extensively before we make them live in the full retail game.

Today we’re launching the Company of Heroes 2 Battle Server Alpha Test.

The success of this Alpha Test will rely a great deal on community participation. There will be times when we need to stress test the servers, and will call on you to hop on and play various game modes, to ensure that they can handle the number of players that enjoy CoH2 every day.

We appreciate feedback on your playing experience in this forum.
4 Feb 2014, 12:13 PM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I am on the alpha tester but I agree Relic probably should add an incentive to get players to participate.
4 Feb 2014, 12:22 PM

What offer free new commander?
= full alpha servers :)
4 Feb 2014, 12:30 PM

I am on the alpha tester but I agree Relic probably should add an incentive to get players to participate.

Thats what I've told already.
Unless they offer some minor freebie there is not much reason for the community to venture there en masse.
4 Feb 2014, 12:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Feb 2014, 12:22 PMAradan
What offer free new commander?
= full alpha servers :)

I was going to say the same thing... offer free skin/commander of your choosing. But in order to get it you have to play the alpha between 3-5 hours. This way they will get some testing done and some feedback.

The reason I think people don't play it is because you have to download some 800mb file to play(no problem here) but then if you want to play the original you have to re-download 1.2gb to play. Some people are on limited traffic or slow internets.

Hope they do better job in the future with this kind of things.
4 Feb 2014, 12:53 PM

Thats what I've told already.
Unless they offer some minor freebie there is not much reason for the community to venture there en masse.

I would say the new alpha already has a lot to offer:
virtually no lag in team games, no drop hack, new opportunity to surrender, and much better opportunity to invite people from the chat directly in your game.

Overall i think its going to be great.

I think it's a shame that players must constantly lured by free stuff. give me, give me generation strikes again ... come on
4 Feb 2014, 13:06 PM

I would say the new alpha already has a lot to offer:
virtually no lag in team games, no drop hack, new opportunity to surrender, and much better opportunity to invite people from the chat directly in your game.

Overall i think its going to be great.

I think it's a shame that players must constantly lured by free stuff. give me, give me generation strikes again ... come on

Thats the gaming world we live in.

Why put time/effort if nothing comes out of it?
Fun? Pfff fun is soo 2005.
4 Feb 2014, 13:07 PM

Thats the gaming world we live in.

Why put time/effort if nothing comes out of it?
Fun? Pfff fun is soo 2005.

Haha u crack me up :)
4 Feb 2014, 13:32 PM

I've been part of the alpha for 2 days. But hardly any players were available. When I finally got matched (it was always the same guy), he only wanted to defend his base (layed wire around it). I then decided to leave the alpha. Especially, I see a problem in not being able to have the alpha installed as a separate install (or is there?). If there is a way to separately install it, I return to it.
4 Feb 2014, 14:32 PM

I think it is more the fact that it is actually somewhat of a hassle to go test the battle servers and then come back to "normal" live servers where you can actually find a game. People are more than willing to test upcoming patches with zero incentive - just look at all the PTRs that other games do all the time now. The difference is that you get a separate client so that you can seamlessly swap between the PTR and the live game.

Also people with data caps would be pretty screwed with even switching more than once.
4 Feb 2014, 14:34 PM

I've been part of the alpha for 2 days. But hardly any players were available. When I finally got matched (it was always the same guy), he only wanted to defend his base (layed wire around it). I then decided to leave the alpha. Especially, I see a problem in not being able to have the alpha installed as a separate install (or is there?). If there is a way to separately install it, I return to it.

That's the main reason why I did not participate in the Alpha test. I can only play a couple games per day and I can't wait the time to download the patches if I want to switch from the Alpha to the normal version.
4 Feb 2014, 16:37 PM

I really dont feel like alpha-testing a game i bought more than half a year ago. I mean, between the 'beta-like' state of the game upon release, and the poorly tested 'flavour of the month'-commanders, I preffere to stay with the "full" game untill the next batch of commanders screws up the balance again.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★