Login

russian armor

So, about that seven-hour game...

28 Jan 2014, 10:26 AM

They make bulletins.
28 Jan 2014, 12:23 PM

Its a PR trick fo sho yo.
30 Jan 2014, 09:37 AM

I had a 4 hour game once in vcoh on that 4 player map that has a hill behind walls on the upper right side (forgot the name).

The axis kept throwing tanks at us, but the Allies kept surviving just barely and then managed to recapture enough of the map to have ressources enough for the next blitz.

Yes, you guessed it: annihilation game.

And 2 or 3 hour games were not unusual on Vire River and that other river map (damned memory). Even with VPs on.

In most cases ppl drop out of 1hr+games, though. So it's rarely much of an entertaining experience with such drawn-out games. But occasionally it can be a blast.

I don't think any of the COH2 games I played lasted more than 1 hour.
30 Jan 2014, 13:55 PM

Meh I imagine this being something very unexciting like a 1v1 basic match where both players are afk. One of them returns after 6 hours, caps a vp and lets it run down. gg.
30 Jan 2014, 16:14 PM

I had a lot of great battles on Vire River Valley where the battle raged back and forth for a long time. I really liked that periode where both sides had dug in, and started prodding the enemy lines for weaknesess and coordinating your attack in order to breach the enemy defences. Too bad those days are over.
31 Jan 2014, 05:23 AM

This isn't that hard to comprehend honestly. A few others in this thread and myself have been in those long ass annihilate matches on choke point maps. As someone else posted earlier, I had a similar experience when after like a 3 hour match on Vile river or whateveer it was called that was the day I gave up on those stupid maps and started automatching or playing more open maps.

I wouldn't say it was a 4v4, because its more than likely at least one person knew they were doing, so I'm gonna assume it was a 2v2, on some chokepoint map on annhilate. 4 Complete noobs who naturally wanna play completely defensive until they have a full force to assault. Of course, one person on each team are probably pop capped due to just having a purely arty based army, then the remaining two just keep failing in a stale mate at the choke points.

That or they just afk'd
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS