Login

russian armor

will CoH die when CoH2 is released?

5 Jan 2013, 05:04 AM

Is the expectation that CoH2 will supersede CoH1, replacing it on a competitive level?

I find this to be a bit saddening. The classic vCoH meta game will be much missed. What's strange about it is that I feel like both games can and should coexist.

Thoughts? Who here will stop playing vCoH and switch to CoH2 almost or totally exclusively?

I think I will still want to play vCoH on occasion, although I want to be a decent player at CoH2 so I will need to devote more time to it than its predecessor.
5 Jan 2013, 06:22 AM

Who the hell knows?

will coh2 be good or bad? will the community increase enough to let both games live if it is succesful? if it isnt will the community be strong enough to stay alive or will coh 2 split the community between both games, killing both in the process?

personally, my best guess is vcoh will always have a few matches going, but only a few. most will play coh 2
5 Jan 2013, 10:45 AM

I think Vcoh will be going for a year or so more. But since CoH 2 seems to be straight "upgrade" in most senses from Vcoh I don't see any reason why people wouldn't make the jump, other than if CoH 2 is balanced poorly.
5 Jan 2013, 14:36 PM

it all depends weather coh2 is shit or not
5 Jan 2013, 15:36 PM

I dont think CoH will die, no matter how CoH2 will turn out people will still play it
5 Jan 2013, 15:52 PM

I refuse to abandon vcoh. You will prolly see mee stomping comps alone in basic matches, with smurf account named fuckcoh2, after I can't find any games nor players.
1 of 2 Relic postsRelic 5 Jan 2013, 21:52 PM
Developer Relic Badge

As far as I know, we have no intention to 'shut down' coh on our end. Activity and lifespan will likely rely on the players.
6 Jan 2013, 00:18 AM

Awesome! Thanks for the reassurance, bob!

6 Jan 2013, 09:38 AM

I sincerely hope both games can keep running at least mildly for very long years in the future. Even if we move on to other competitive titles (perhaps one day Homeworld 3?), CoH can always remain as a nostalgic title played from time to time :)

I was saddened when MSN Gaming zone closed, and along with it, all those tasty classics (AoE, R6 RS). GameRanger hasn't returned them to their old, former glories :(
2 of 2 Relic postsRelic 6 Jan 2013, 09:45 AM
Developer Relic Badge

I would kill to play Age of Empires 1 online again (And I don't mean Age of Empires Online)
6 Jan 2013, 21:44 PM

We all would. I'm sure its still possible through GameRanger!
8 Jan 2013, 16:50 PM

I am sure i will keep playing original coh, lets see can i even play companyofheroes2 with this computer.
8 Jan 2013, 17:20 PM

Let's hope that coh2 will eventually be good enough to replace coh1 competitively, so there will be no need to play the old one. But Regardless of coh2's future coh1 will still remain a game worth playing to remind ourselves of the good times with it... at least imo :)
8 Jan 2013, 17:32 PM

I would kill to play Age of Empires 1 online again (And I don't mean Age of Empires Online)

That was a great game... I still have installed on my PC I think.. lol
8 Jan 2013, 17:35 PM

As far as I know, we have no intention to 'shut down' coh on our end. Activity and lifespan will likely rely on the players.

Imagine AoE2 with (much) improved graphics. Would be awesome shit tbh. Never played AoE1 much, sadly. My dad wasn't too pleased when I started playing AoE2 with 9 years, already.

On topic, I don't think it will die instantly, as people will always keep playing the game for a while. However, the competitive scene of CoH1 will probably completly move on to CoH2.
8 Jan 2013, 23:52 PM

I think Vcoh will be going for a year or so more. But since CoH 2 seems to be straight "upgrade" in most senses from Vcoh I don't see any reason why people wouldn't make the jump, other than if CoH 2 is balanced poorly.

Except that it's probably a downgrade, sadly enough. Let's hope not.
9 Jan 2013, 03:24 AM

Why do you think it's a downgrade? Many of the fundamental gameplay structures are maintained while new mechanics which on paper appear to be improvements are also implemented.
9 Jan 2013, 05:47 AM

Why do you think it's a downgrade? Many of the fundamental gameplay structures are maintained while new mechanics which on paper appear to be improvements are also implemented.

Rocky is just that kind of a guy.
9 Jan 2013, 10:05 AM

If we're forced to play mirror matches in automatch I will stick with CoH for automatching.
9 Jan 2013, 11:01 AM

What happened to starcraft when starcraft 2 was released? Or C&C? Anyone got any infos about that?

For me, it all depends. A good sequel has everything the first one had, but better, so there is not really a need to go back (maybe only due to nostalgia-reasons). I hope Coh2 is that kind of sequel.

Greets
Schepp himself
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight