Login

russian armor

attn Company of Heroes 2 Worldbuilders

9 Jan 2013, 08:32 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Your wishes are our commands. "Workshop" forums created. WhiteFlash will be in charge of these forums in the interim while we figure out what badge to give him. HF! :)

I'll start moving appropriate threads.
9 Jan 2013, 14:57 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

Moy
9 Jan 2013, 16:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jan 2013, 21:48 PMMoy
Ami? (Admin?) Can we get a mappers sub forum where we can talk map ideas and balance?? Would be sweeeeeeeet!

Your wishes are our commands. "Workshop" forums created. WhiteFlash will be in charge of these forums in the interim while we figure out what badge to give him. HF! :)

I'll start moving appropriate threads.

ohhh no medal?
Hux
9 Jan 2013, 18:10 PM
Patrion 14

9 Jan 2013, 22:54 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge
Benefactor 119

12 Jan 2013, 15:28 PM

Thanks Ami for creating Workshop.
I wish whiteflash & Spanky create a tutorial for world buider for COH2. It would be helpful to newbies, enthusiasts to tinker with world builder. There are some tutorials on Youtube but they are very basic.
Whiteflash if you know any soucrce or link that could help with Workshop, pls pin it in the workshop. It would serve as a one stop shop.
I hope workshop becomes a Royal Academy of Sciences for COH.
12 Jan 2013, 15:44 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

I'm pretty sure, we can write a nice tutorial together with Flash. I also think, if i stream i can show how easy it can be to use the worldbuilder.
12 Jan 2013, 16:14 PM

Wow spanky thats cool man. Streaming would be awesome dude. I didn't expect this. If only we could advertise this and Ami gives a good exposure to it, it would be such a great stream worth many game replays.
Come on Amii, pls we need some encouragement from you.
12 Jan 2013, 16:44 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge
Benefactor 119

hahaha, we dont need encouragement from Ami, just a newspost IF we did something like that, for coh1 worldbuilder not really nessesary I dont think. The mappers can organize on their own stuff if they wanted. If i could broadcast i totally would, (buying new hardware sometime soonish) but untill then Spanky could if he wanted to stream worldbuilder, but for now youtube is your best asset for learning COH1 worldbuilder easily.
12 Jan 2013, 16:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jan 2013, 15:44 PMSpanky
I'm pretty sure, we can write a nice tutorial together with Flash. I also think, if i stream i can show how easy it can be to use the worldbuilder.

There is a good flash tutorial by "nobody"

Mapmakers Tutorial

12 Jan 2013, 17:46 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge
Benefactor 119

There ya go, there are a TON of coh1 worldbuilder tutorials out there, just google it. When COH2 comes out and we get a WB, that will be a different story
Hux
14 Jan 2013, 00:09 AM
Patrion 14

Nah, don't waste time writing a tutorial when the new wb comes along. We should be concentrating on designing ,aps. Getting an early set of tourney specific maps would be excellent for the casting community. That's what should be the main focus. You've already got evidence of how many people will make tutorials for Wb. I know more mappers would be a good thing. But not as good as a dedicated mapping force providing a platform for tourneys (therefore increasing exposure via casting)
14 Jan 2013, 15:19 PM

I'll see if I can get the worldbuilder to work this time.. I always like building maps for different games.
17 Jan 2013, 03:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jan 2013, 00:09 AMHux
Nah, don't waste time writing a tutorial when the new wb comes along. We should be concentrating on designing ,aps. Getting an early set of tourney specific maps would be excellent for the casting community. That's what should be the main focus. You've already got evidence of how many people will make tutorials for Wb. I know more mappers would be a good thing. But not as good as a dedicated mapping force providing a platform for tourneys (therefore increasing exposure via casting)

can they not do a both? is a worldbuilder tutorial really going to make maps come out that much later?

not to act ungreatful to the awesome mapmakers giving their precious time
17 Jan 2013, 05:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jan 2013, 00:09 AMHux

Its not fair to belittle the efforts of a person who puts in his effort to write up a step to step process manual .Lets , say we want all that can be done :)

The only apps you need for mapping is the "Mod Studio /SGA extractor" and the WB , which would be new for COH 2 - Hopefully it would get it done (SGA extractor)

Provide for good sector layouts and ideas , you will have beautiful maps ..

Hux
19 Jan 2013, 08:44 AM
Patrion 14

I fear you both misunderstand me so I will explain what I meant.
I agree with you both. There should be tutorials made -without a doubt- getting new mappers onto the scene is very important. What I was getting at though was, because there is a general idea of injecting some degree of an e-sports feel to CoH (or something similar) then the initial drive when the WB is released should be for established mappers such as OnkleSam, Whiteflash, Spanky to be creating maps to fuel competitive play. It doesn't take an expert mapper to create a tutorial -although this does not mean that one shouldn't. Furthermore, Relic have hinted that the WB is not going to change much from its original state I think, excluding a few new gameplay mechanics, therefore anybody already proficient in WB would be at a level where they could create a tutorial for absolute beginners. It may just be me, but I think increasing the player base (indirectly through community mapping in this case) should take priority. Then when they are queuing up someone can give them a tutorial.
19 Jan 2013, 16:15 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge
Benefactor 119

When COH2 worldbuilder is released I intend to put together a tutorial in one form or another asap so we can maximize the user base for the worldbuilder, for ME this will take a back seat to actually making maps but it will be on my to do list. :)
Hux
14 Feb 2013, 12:37 PM
Patrion 14

^ that post doesn't make sense :S it says two contradictory things
14 Feb 2013, 23:44 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge
Benefactor 119

Developing COH2 maps comes first, making a tutorial comes second for me. But they will both get done.
Moy
15 Feb 2013, 09:50 AM

Just stream yourself making the maps, I learn a few tricks from Tribalbob stream.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★