Login

russian armor

Preserving unposted material

4 Jan 2013, 13:56 PM

Maybe's there a thread somewhere already, but anyway:

I was making a rather long post and when I finally clicked "preview" it asked me to re-login. I did so, and lo and behold, what I had written was replaced by a virginally white post box again. Needless to say, that was rather upsetting.
I wasn't on my own computer, so I hadn't checked the "remember me" checkbox. Hence I got logged out automatically after a while. The problem is that when you're taken to the login screen to re-login, the unposted material isn't preserved. In my case, I certainly should've saved it in a wordpad file or something, but one way or the other, the "create" or "preview" button should never lead to your unposted post getting wiped!
4 Jan 2013, 14:18 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

We know about this problem and we hate it too. Perhaps Seb could look further into it. If you accidentally go "back" and "forward", you also lose your editor buffer.
4 Jan 2013, 14:22 PM

Happened to me too when I was writing my guide, that was not fun :/
4 Jan 2013, 14:49 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Happened to me too when I was writing my guide, that was not fun :/

this has happened to me god nos how many times. most forums you can go back and its still there or there is a save draft option so you don't loose something on login.
4 Jan 2013, 15:10 PM
Admin Black Badge

If that happens again, go back to the site where u came from (most of the time one step back in browser history). It says something like document is not avaible anymore, press F5 and then something like "send again". Sorry I don't have my browser language on english, so I don't know the exact words.

This will at least reset it back to your last preview action.
So this is not a fix, this ist just a way to handle the current situation.

Duh Duh. I'm afraid this is crappy english, but can't do better now lol :guyokay:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS