Login

russian armor

a* gren strategy

17 Jan 2014, 14:53 PM

Permanently Banned
What you need is money for Mechanized Assault Doctrine or another future commander which will contain assault gren ( for now AG)

tactic: select assault gren and go throught the enemy then press stop, in case the enemy is tough, avoid molotovs/nades.

BO:

1# AG AG AG AG = GG then make flame HT T3/T4 -beginner

2# AG AG T2 PG FHT PG T3/T4 -intermediate

3# T1 AG MG AG *any t1 unit* T2 *any vehicle-probably FHT* PG T3/TIGER -hard

4# permutation of 1-2-3

bulletins:
NEVER! use assault gren bulletin, better take elefant or something else ,the goal is the enemy dont start with T2 maxim spam. (however if you use only p4 bulletins for example, he will think, "hm i will go t2 then AT..", so..take sniper bulletin,MVGAME)

Once the enemy realises he is in deep sh*t, he will bring Shoock Troops, you should have FHT already then. aannd basically the game should be over.

counters(as soviet):
-NEVER! bring ST, better take Guards, that can throw grenade too
-any sniper/cons with ppsh(guards!!)/maxim spam(easier, left to right)
-however the enemy backtech T1 it should be a good game.

HOW IT WORKS IN LIVE:
if you want to watch livestream about this, watch this guy, he will do 1# or 2# in case of 7/10.
http://www.twitch.tv/kailniris

HF

17 Jan 2014, 17:36 PM

troll strat, gg wp
17 Jan 2014, 19:22 PM

Why not to bring ST? Cons with AT nade, zis3 or early SU76 will stop FHT with ass grens dead.
17 Jan 2014, 19:31 PM

I think assgren is just too weak for their cost. They should at least making an upgrade from MP40 into STG44 in later stage of the game.

Their nades are worthless, their guns are total shit unless 0m range. All Soviet have to do when spotting assgren is to run, gather and blob cons together behind cover.

They can't even do a nice job like MP40 volks protecting flanks of MG42.
18 Jan 2014, 01:02 AM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

M3A1? :)
18 Jan 2014, 09:07 AM

Permanently Banned
serius,ly, i laugh at ppl who bring ST, in case of 80 % time he wont manage to take care of FHT and or snipers.

Marucs, then i go AC? :D

18 Jan 2014, 11:43 AM

what's ST? lol
18 Jan 2014, 12:14 PM

Permanently Banned
ShookTroops=ST
18 Jan 2014, 12:15 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jan 2014, 19:31 PMPorygon
I think assgren is just too weak for their cost. They should at least making an upgrade from MP40 into STG44 in later stage of the game.

Their nades are worthless, their guns are total shit unless 0m range. All Soviet have to do when spotting assgren is to run, gather and blob cons together behind cover.

i agree, they are too strong in early game against conscripts, but later they worth nothing :S
18 Jan 2014, 15:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jan 2014, 12:15 PMakosi

i agree, they are too strong in early game against conscripts, but later they worth nothing :S

Faced that strategy twice yesterday. The first time I made the mistake and built shocktroops which didn't end well for me. The second time I knew better and went for maxims and ppsh cons :D

I haven't tried the strat myself yet, but it's really annoying when being on the recieving end. Btw how much costs the A*gren reinforce?
18 Jan 2014, 15:41 PM

Permanently Banned
320/2/5 = x probably.
18 Jan 2014, 23:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jan 2014, 19:31 PMPorygon

I want to agree with you, and in some games I do. Like VS Shock Troops. But AssGrens are pretty good coming out early game. It doesn't take too much micro managing to exterminate any enemy squads in game.

For example I usually go with 3 AssGren squads, use grenades, micro manage them into cover, and kill any enemy left.

Are you a CoH1 player? If so, I think I know where your criticism is coming from. We just can't BLOB our close quarter combat troops like we could with Pio Spam, PanzerGren spam, etc. they die much quicker in CoH2. CoH2 you have to treat your AssGrens as actual people that NEED cover.
19 Jan 2014, 09:57 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jan 2014, 23:54 PM1[][]

I want to agree with you, and in some games I do. Like VS Shock Troops. But AssGrens are pretty good coming out early game. It doesn't take too much micro managing to exterminate any enemy squads in game.

For example I usually go with 3 AssGren squads, use grenades, micro manage them into cover, and kill any enemy left.

Are you a CoH1 player? If so, I think I know where your criticism is coming from. We just can't BLOB our close quarter combat troops like we could with Pio Spam, PanzerGren spam, etc. they die much quicker in CoH2. CoH2 you have to treat your AssGrens as actual people that NEED cover.

seems you havenot played coh2 too much, dont bring your coh1 skill to coh2, becasue only capping-cover system is the same, rest of totally different (just watch Inverse's posts..)

btw that is why lots of pro coh1 players s*cks in coh2...
19 Jan 2014, 11:05 AM

what's ST? lol

Shadow Teams, Stealth Tanks, Shock Troopers, oh wait :lol:

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jan 2014, 09:57 AMakosi

seems you havenot played coh2 too much, dont bring your coh1 skill to coh2, becasue only capping-cover system is the same, rest of totally different (just watch Inverse's posts..)

I was, and maybe that's why I suck in COH2
19 Jan 2014, 13:07 PM

Permanently Banned
probably you arenot, porygan, i like your strategies, but i hate those ppl who say he is so damn good in coh1.. no one cares... and scks in coh2, in coh2 there is all about who have better combo, that is why lots of good coh1 player(who i find is damn good) hate coh2, but if you have sense to make good combo, and have the micro and knowledge(cover,flanks etc) from coh1, then u have the power of jesus.

and this is eneugh from coh1, dont make it OFF topic like Dragonite thread.
19 Jan 2014, 13:40 PM

I am so damn good in CoH1, and the best in CoH2 MVGame
19 Jan 2014, 15:23 PM

Permanently Banned
there are excepts, but they arenot like Inverse.. :D
19 Jan 2014, 22:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jan 2014, 09:57 AMakosi

Why'd you say that? CoH1 is relevant ALL the time here. I assume you agree with my comment on AssGrens not being all that bad (needs more attack power that's all I'll concede) but the only times I lost to conscripts was when these PLEB noobs in a 2v2 spammed them like 9+ squads and molotoved everything ALL in a *section* of the map Rails and Metal.

Against an enemy by myself in another game? I destroyed his guys with simple fire and move tactics not blobbing like CoH1.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★