Login

russian armor

(2) Keine Ruckkehr

10 Jan 2014, 04:24 AM

Thank you F.X. for the info on this. I messed around for a while with the effects. It seems everything I wanted was there.

Changes based on player feedback:
-Slightly enlarged each player base. Previously they were a little too small to comfortably fit all tier buildings. They should be a good size now.

-Added effects to the map (dust/fog/smoke).

-Edited some texturing in various places, added detail in areas where the detail may have been lacking.
13 Jan 2014, 17:51 PM

Updated the visuals of the map.

-Added more detail (objects and some textures) to liven the map up a little.

-Re-made the atmosphere. Now it is much more ominous, with dust effects on dry-looking areas and rolling cloud effects.

Let me know what you think. The original screenshots are in the OP for comparison.

14 Jan 2014, 03:20 AM

The new lighting looks good =) The topmost screenshot looks like it could be a nice desktop background.

Edit: It is a nice desktop background :)
15 Jan 2014, 22:39 PM

Wonderful map - a winter-version of it would surely be awesome ;) and btw. - really nice world-builder-tutorial you made there, thx!
16 Jan 2014, 23:27 PM

Wonderful map - a winter-version of it would surely be awesome ;) and btw. - really nice world-builder-tutorial you made there, thx!

Yeah I want to get into making winter maps next. I'll be making a new design next, but maybe I'll make a winter version next. Thanks for the positive comments!
21 Jan 2014, 18:17 PM

Gonna try this as it looks really good from the screens. The lighting is very nice.
28 Jan 2014, 03:13 AM

Updated the map. Please let me know of anything that you guys may find that should be changed further.

Balance changes:
-Swapped a spline texture that was providing directionless cover unintentionally. Swapped for the same texture, but does not provide yellow cover. This should fix some areas where smg units were over-performing.

-Moved munition point slightly to the west. (let me know what you guys think on this, or if you would like to see another muni point added).

-Reduced the amount of water near one of the VPs. The water made it so one player had to cross through water (negative cover) to approach the VP, while the other player did not have to cross negative cover to approach the opposite VP. This created an imbalance.

-Removed some bushes that blocked shots, but did not block LOS or movement. This was noticeable with MGs and snipers.

Other changes:
-Added two more player slots. The map is now 2-4 players. Let me know if the base sectors need to be expanded or if map entry points need to be adjusted, I have not done extensive testing. Though I have added other player slots, this is designed to be played as 1v1.

-Base sectors were enlarged slightly

-Added a shed on the northern fuel point. This building has no windows facing the fuel point, but will allow a player to garrison if they wish. The building is meant to be a visual piece, and not used for gameplay. Let me know if this didn't work out in this way (i.e. an mg should not be able to be placed in the building and lock down the fuel).

-Other small visual changes to make some areas more realistic

-New loading image... will probably make a better one when I have time.

That's all. Thanks everyone for the great feedback I have been receiving. Please continue to add me on steam or post ideas here so I can make the map even better.
12 Apr 2017, 04:49 AM

Awesome little tips man thank you for taking the time!!
12 Apr 2017, 07:18 AM
Master Mapmaker Badge

That 3 year necro though. DansGame
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment