Login

russian armor

Mud icon over deep snow and mud effects on vehicles

7 Jan 2014, 21:26 PM

Hey, excuse me for opening so many topics but this really is a great place to ask experienced map makers :)

Ive created a winter map, but for some reason the mud icon appears when hovering over deep snow with the cursor...instead of the deep snow symbol.

Furthermore vehicles and infantry cause mud effects when running/driving through snow.

I am using winter skins, I used the same muck dif, nrm and spc that is being used in other snow maps (langreskaya, prypiat) and i only have snow settings in the atmosphere settings (unlike mud road which has mud configurations instead of snow). I did not check the "map uses mud" box in the terrain settings.

Im confused, what might cause the issue?
8 Jan 2014, 00:26 AM
8 Jan 2014, 00:43 AM

What exactly should I check?

As ive said: I didnt activate "use mud".

The snow also gathers on objects so it definitely is deep snow...but yet part of the game seems to recognize it as mud...
8 Jan 2014, 13:18 PM

Looks like your map isn't set to winter. I guess the unit textures and skins are the summer ones, too. Check the tutorials on how to set your map to the according season.
8 Jan 2014, 13:19 PM

yourmapname.info
yourmapname.options

check those files
set

default_skins = "winter",

and

uses ice = true

8 Jan 2014, 13:22 PM

The map is set to winter and it uses ice (albeit im not using any water) all the objects are in winter skins too (units as well), deep snow is deep snow and gathers on objects, its just that the icon remains the mud icon and no matter which muck settings i use units produce mud effects when moving. =/
8 Jan 2014, 13:37 PM

It was the "Uses Ice" which was causing the problem.

If youre making a winter map you must activate it in the terrain properties, even if youre not using any water.

I changed uses_ice=false to uses_ice=true in the .options file which does not work. You have to set it in the terrain properties.

Thanks for your help =)
8 Jan 2014, 15:57 PM

Uses ice, in the options file, sets vehicle skins only. default skins, sets infantry skins. I was pretty sure it was a terrain setting, but when u said it wasnt, I assumed otherwise. Good to see it working.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★