Login

russian armor

Adding/Changin Temperature

7 Jan 2014, 01:38 AM

Now that my first winter map is playable I realized that my units never freeze.

I dont want to have blizzards in my map but I think I remember that someone wrote that it is possible to add this kind of temperature and even modify how quickly soldiers freeze to death.

Am I right? Is this possible? And if so: How?
7 Jan 2014, 02:12 AM

If you increase the time between blizzards to a value high enough you should have the cold effects without a blizzard happening. How to do that is described in http://www.coh2.org/topic/10932/how-to-blizzard-in-custom-maps
7 Jan 2014, 03:19 AM

If you increase the time between blizzards to a value high enough you should have the cold effects without a blizzard happening. How to do that is described in http://www.coh2.org/topic/10932/how-to-blizzard-in-custom-maps

The tutorial doesn't show how to add time between blizzards, my comment was about my failure to do so...and what code i was trying...
7 Jan 2014, 11:53 AM

The tutorial doesn't show how to add time between blizzards, my comment was about my failure to do so...and what code i was trying...

Looks like I overread that part. Thought you were successful.
7 Jan 2014, 13:17 PM

Looks like I overread that part. Thought you were successful.

:(

Back to op, if you just don't like the blizzard visual effects, you could do a blizzard as normal, but use presets that don't have the blizzard, but you would still receive the stop watch and penalties.
7 Jan 2014, 14:54 PM

I think I'll just add blizzards, I just have to go through all the presets to see which ones look fine and not too extreme.

What kind of variables are you able to modify? You listed quite a lot but werent able to modify any of those? =/
7 Jan 2014, 15:24 PM

Oh and can i use my own .aps as the default atmosphere?

If i use the kholodny one I'll be using that line:
"data:art/scenarios/presets/atmosphere/_mp_2p_Kholodnaya_Ferma.aps"

my own .aps wont be in the data.sga though, cant add a presets/atmosphere directory into mymap.sga and then use
"mymap: scenarios/presets/atmosphere/mymap.aps" or something like that?
7 Jan 2014, 17:54 PM

I think I'll just add blizzards, I just have to go through all the presets to see which ones look fine and not too extreme.

What kind of variables are you able to modify? You listed quite a lot but werent able to modify any of those? =/

None of them. I'm not sure if I was placing it in the wrong spot in the scar file, or if it just isn't compatible.
7 Jan 2014, 19:20 PM

We need an official explanation for blizzards i guess^^

Well and we need better compatibility when it comes to custom atmosphere settings
7 Jan 2014, 20:08 PM

8 Jan 2014, 13:42 PM

We need an official explanation for blizzards i guess^^

Well and we need better compatibility when it comes to custom atmosphere settings

There should be an official documentation/manual/wiki for the worldbuilder, covering all options.

I think relic relies on the community to solve that problem. If you remember Noun's post on the release of the WB when he ment we should take a look at the offical maps to see how they did things. By now i think looking at the official maps may have created more questions than answering them. Just take Stahlhagel's latest post on object splines with objects written in capital letters (Capital letter walls have wall cappings).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★