Login

russian armor

SU 76 isn't that bad

9 Jan 2014, 09:23 AM

It's a nice good looking vehicle. I should use it more often.
9 Jan 2014, 09:24 AM

Could work, but you'll get in trouble when axis heavies start rolling out. I'm pretty sure of that unless you can end the game early enough. You don't want to fight more than 1 Tiger with SU 76 ^^
9 Jan 2014, 15:55 PM

How much range does Pak40 have? If SU76m has 60, can it outrange at gun?
9 Jan 2014, 22:38 PM

And also I have a question about its amuntion types
Do regular shots damage infantry? And otherway around, does barrage damage/ destroy tanks? Or direct regular shots are for armor only and barrage is strictly AI?
Thanks!
9 Jan 2014, 23:50 PM

Barrage has higher range than AT guns and can both damage tanks and infantry, normal shots are only good against tanks. Range is same as AT gun range I think.
20 Jan 2014, 22:02 PM

This is a (very) situational gun. Range is its friend. On maps with open enough distance, set three of these down and they own. The distance out ranges the sight, so hide a sniper out there to light up the field. Fritz will only know he's dying - but not why.

I like them, personally, as I like arty. All arty. Sometimes I duo w an AI partner against 2 or 3 other AI, and I will only do things like support roles. Arty is one. I will just follow my partner's lead, supporting by fire. Or, take conscript repair and field a massive repair army. Or the doc that gives me repair facilities, and field only engineers, building repair facilities 10m right behind the fighting. The AI loves that.

The breadth to this game is what makes the game. Sniper Spam or T70 fights early, or just wait and pump out trashy 34/85's later. You can find fun everywhere.
21 Jan 2014, 01:40 AM

I find the SU-76 to be poor against tanks as it gets 2 shotted. I buy 1 or 2 for its barrage ability. The T4 has no AI tank, so I use the SU76 to support my SU85.

The barrage ability knocks out pak guns if I see them first, and both tanks benefit from the SU-85's focus forward and have 60 range.

A good place to use the SU barrage is to bomb directly on a position that's getting capped.

It's definitely under bought because it requires careful use.
21 Jan 2014, 13:29 PM

I agree, it requires a lot of micro. But it only cost 55 fuels, and if I go T4 I always get one as my first vehicle to deal with mg bunkers and nests to recap fuel and vp that I lose during early game.

In my opinion, SU76 is great against Stugs and P IV's. You just have to keep it far and pound the shots from distance.
21 Jan 2014, 21:39 PM

I love the SU 76. Especially in 1v1. I use it in nearly every game except for fast tech 3v3-4v4. It fits with my overall aggressive strat that Germans usually counter with light vehicles. It fits in very well with a conscript/shock/MG/ZiS type of build.

However, if you run the numbers. It is actually the best value unit in the game for armor penetration. You really have to babysit it from any kind of AT though.

Pros
-Low pop cost
-Very low MP/Fuel cost
-Fast build time
-Fast movement
-60 range (same as SU 85)
-Fast rotation
-Can engage all types of units

Cons
-made out of paper spit wads.
23 Jan 2014, 14:07 PM

I played a game recently where I made use of absurd amounts of SU76s. I started by building two of them and bombarding known enemy mortar/AT gun positions as well as any points that were getting capped.

I had the Defensive Commander and used the little AT guns to protect them from light vehicles/help against T3 which worked well and eventually got an SU85 to help. I think I ended up with about 5-7 SU76s, I used them everywhere. Whenever infantry would start chasing it down with Schrecks I would just lay barrages in their pathing while retreating the one that was being chased. Then when they retreated I would try to COVER their base with barrages.

Just having that sheer volume of 76s +1 or 2 85s meant that tanks weren't able to break through either.
3 Feb 2014, 05:47 AM

SU76 is good because of it's low man power cost and i dont really find myself desperately needing fuel
3 Feb 2014, 15:01 PM

Yeah, I saw some other player building like 7-9 of them and taking down Panthers and such
I killed an upgunned Panther with my SU76, I had a guard squad buttoning and spotting while Su76 was throwing some nice punches from far. Its range is 60, this tank is awesome against any vehicle in game but only if it is NOT the main target (same for SU85 pretty much)
3 Feb 2014, 15:35 PM

Someone used 6 SU76 spam against me this afternoon, I just call a tiger, a Stuka, one Pak, a sniper cloaked for sight, ends up killing them all, very easily.
3 Feb 2014, 15:52 PM

*edit*^^^^

Panther was not upgunned and I had a cons squad throwing AT nade. However, there were two pio squads making an attempt to fix it but I pushed them away with artillery barrage. Just another example of SU76 multitasking is different situations.
3 Feb 2014, 15:57 PM

Someone used 6 SU76 spam against me this afternoon, I just call a tiger, a Stuka, one Pak, a sniper cloaked for sight, ends up killing them all, very easily.

It's all depends on micro. Someone spams tanks and makes a suicidal attack hoping to not meet significant resistance, and someone uses blobs wisely, flanking, hitting from behind, cutoffs etc.

Just like it was stated above - SU76 is a very situational weapon that could be very lethal in hands of a skilled player.
16 Mar 2015, 22:14 PM
Donator 22

and still, I Love it!
19 Mar 2015, 17:59 PM

i wish the unit was cheaper
20 Mar 2015, 09:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Mar 2015, 17:59 PMNinjaWJ
i wish the unit was cheaper

I wish it was useful.
But can't see how is that related to strategies as none exists that would include it.

I once met a player who used a pair to good extend, but that was a single game over 2 years, that says something.
20 Mar 2015, 10:10 AM

It's all depends on micro. Someone spams tanks and makes a suicidal attack hoping to not meet significant resistance, and someone uses blobs wisely, flanking, hitting from behind, cutoffs etc.

Just like it was stated above - SU76 is a very situational weapon that could be very lethal in hands of a skilled player.

There was an interesting stream by StephennJF where he took down a Tiger Ace with SU76 micro.
20 Mar 2015, 10:12 AM

Just noobrush them with volksblobs. GG.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight