Login

russian armor

How do you deal with sniper scout car

4 Jan 2014, 19:06 PM

Please tell me, I tried Grenadier PanzerFausting and never managed to get the final blow on the scout cars, and if i did he just get another one, STUG-E's but he always runs away, Pak-40, but it always died because of snipers.

I know that the 222(Armored Scout Car) is hard counter but I am pretty sure that it wont last long since its very weak and squishy even against an AT-Nade/Mines that is 70 Ammunition to the garbage bin.
4 Jan 2014, 19:43 PM

I think nothing else, only a good AC flank... Maybe countersnipe with GER sniper, from heavy cover, proteced gren+faust?
5 Jan 2014, 13:26 PM

pak works a ton, just set it somewhere were the scoutcar has to turn a corner,(lure it in with grens, pios) and goes in to the pak's field of fire
if you're lucky it'l 1-shot it, and kill the snipers %50 chance
6 Jan 2014, 15:00 PM

I think nothing else, only a good AC flank... Maybe countersnipe with GER sniper, from heavy cover, proteced gren+faust?

I would never build a counter sniper against a soviet sniper. The AC flank is good, mortar halftrack is good too with the incendiary barrage but it's doctrinal. However the mortar HT counters a lot of other stuff too, like AT guns, maxims, shocks so it's very useful anyways.

Or just rush it with a gren blob if you know he doesn't have maxims, and move in with a scout car during he retreats?

If he has his sniper inside the scout car, you can pretty safely approach it with a gren blob since his accuracy is lowered while he has to move back. If he doesn't move back, even better.
10 Jan 2014, 03:43 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 11

This is a tough nut to crack. The sniper car can be a real nuisance in skilled hands, and they make it very tough for fausting. You will surely lose grens trying to faust, and the faust won't finish it off either. Your best bet is the upgunned AC. It isn't an attractive option because its so weak, and can easily become a waste of fuel and munis. Once you deal with the M3s, it has no real use.

The good news is, it is expensive for them to field multiple cars and snipers. If you want to kill it with grens, you have to lure it into a trap by hiding a gren squad around a corner. I usually incorporate a mortar into my ostheer builds, and this isn't very effective, but if the car is stationary you can barrage it and conceivably kill the sniper inside. Its happened to me as soviets many times.

If all else fails, avoid it as much as you can.
13 Jan 2014, 17:38 PM

I think they should just remove the ability for the sniper to fire from inside a scout car. You can't do it with the german one either.
13 Jan 2014, 17:40 PM
Benefactor 115

use houses, exploit truesight, 221/222, early shrecks
13 Jan 2014, 18:20 PM
Donator 11

Rifle grenade can catch it out with a little luck
13 Jan 2014, 18:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jan 2014, 17:40 PMtuvok
use houses, exploit truesight, 221/222, early shrecks

360 MP + 120 munitions to counter 80 mp and 20 fuel? No thanks... not a very good trade-off. And most likely you won't even take out the sniper like this, only the scout car. Not worth it.

And also, getting early schrecks is very risky. If the soviet player calls in shocks while you have early schrecks it's gg right there. You won't have the munitions to buy flamer upgrade for your HT so the shock troops can just troll around anywhere they want.

Other than the early schrecks, good advice though.
13 Jan 2014, 19:05 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Besides micro you dont have an early counter. When going quick AC the problem is not the AT nades or even the mines, its the fast 1CP guard.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

South Africa 0

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight