Login

russian armor

more newbie questions

28 Dec 2013, 15:52 PM

There are some basic things I keep trying to do, which makes me wonder if there are easier or better ways to do them:

- Is there a way to switch from a perspective view to an orthographic top-down view?

- Is there a way to rotate objects a precise amount? Like 30, 45, 90 degrees?

- The "h" key lets you move an object up and down (along the Y axis). Is there a way to restrict moving an object along the X or Z axis?

Most of these stem from the fact that I find that I'm doing a lot of placing/aligning individual objects by eye.
28 Dec 2013, 18:50 PM

To the best of knowledge:

1. No, there's no "2d top-down view"
2. I took a lot of time looking for such a thing but I didn't come across such a option. There's an option to rotate a group of objects by pressing shift and strg.
3. Only markers do have such an option.

Doing it by eye is the typical way. As far as I can say: don't try to align everything perfectly.

For example: If you want to create a street of houses try adding the houses to a spline. The spline tool will do the aligning for you. But more realistic looking streets of houses will have gaps and no perfectly aligned buildings. If you want to build corners use ruin and debris parts to create them and only add a complete buildings sparsely.
28 Dec 2013, 21:59 PM

Ok, thanks. It's good to know I wasn't missing something obvious.
29 Dec 2013, 21:05 PM

- Is there a way to rotate objects a precise amount? Like 30, 45, 90 degrees?

2. I took a lot of time looking for such a thing but I didn't come across such a option. There's an option to rotate a group of objects by pressing shift and strg.

Hold "R", then click and drag on the specific circle that is on the correct axis you wish to rotate. There will be a feedback display with the exact rotation in degree's, from its previous state.
30 Dec 2013, 13:22 PM

Hold "R", then click and drag on the specific circle that is on the correct axis you wish to rotate. There will be a feedback display with the exact rotation in degree's, from its previous state.

Every day brings something new to learn. =) Thanks
1 Jan 2014, 21:29 PM

That's awesome. I had been wondering if the colored circles were used for anything. Thanks!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight