Login

russian armor

Germans are bad

PAGES (10)down
5 Jan 2014, 00:10 AM

They'd be pretty useless, and work out as horrendously expensive compared to Soviet AP mines (which should be at least 10 munitions IMO)

For 80 munitions you get a dozen (?) mine quadrants, which is actually pretty awesome. The trick is to make sure you have two Pioneer squads when laying them.

I think he means that you place 1 quadrant for 25 munitions, which will turn into 3 mines S-mines on completion.

On the subject of S-mines, I think all they need is the removal of the damn signs. Right now, if you hit a mine (or see the signs in advance), you can often just walk around the minefield. If there would be no signs, it would much harder to predict where the field is after you hit one of the mines, which would greatly increase the areal denial effect of the S-mines.
9 Jan 2014, 23:04 PM

Sorry GeGermans , the germans just suck through the whole game. They can't do much in early game except getting a sniper and draining mp. Also ppshs, cheap soviet mines, 1 CP call-ins and the squad wipe wreck the germans.

Late game soviets still have the upper hand due to call-ins and super ultra usefull commanders; oh you have a heavy tank, let just ram it. np for me.

Same with cons spam into ppshs; powerfull and cheap. And pls don't tell me that upgraded grens kill cons with ppshs, 240 mp+10-20 ammo vs 240 mp+60 ammo just to counter 1 squad is a joke.

Stug III G, just useless without vet, a P4 does 100x times better. It needs to be looked at.

And the worst; the ammo cost for the germans is way too expensive.
Even without a doctrine (most of them are ammo heavy) they still starve for ammo.

My opinion is from 1v1 battles, 2v2s are fine if there isn't any bs commander around.

All the stugIII are bad comments are honestly a sign of how spoiled Germans are when it comes to tank battles in coh2. Stugs are more powerful AT than panzers but are harder to use due to the nature of assault guns but Germans don't "need" to use them because panzers panthers and tigers do very well AT wise. Soviets have had to use assault guns (or at guns) since release if they want to have any hopes of reliably killing a German tank and as such people that play Soviets have learned how to deal with it. Do you think its any less annoying for an su85 to get circle strafed by a panther or panzer than it is for a stug to get the same treatment from a t34? Actually the stug is probably better off since its cheaper :p
9 Jan 2014, 23:24 PM

All the stugIII are bad comments are honestly a sign of how spoiled Germans are when it comes to tank battles in coh2. Stugs are more powerful AT than panzers but are harder to use due to the nature of assault guns but Germans don't "need" to use them because panzers panthers and tigers do very well AT wise. Soviets have had to use assault guns (or at guns) since release if they want to have any hopes of reliably killing a German tank and as such people that play Soviets have learned how to deal with it. Do you think its any less annoying for an su85 to get circle strafed by a panther or panzer than it is for a stug to get the same treatment from a t34? Actually the stug is probably better off since its cheaper :p
This a joke? It can't fight off infantry.It CAN only beat a t34, assuming it gets first shots. Rarely does any tank other then a t34 need to circle strafe a Stug 3. In order to get any use out of it it needs a vet 1 ability. Which for a tank that is already weak sauce is not a given.

Oh poor little you all you have is an Su 85... whatever shall you do. I know, sit back and see and tank snipe everything then hit reverse when in trouble.
10 Jan 2014, 00:13 AM

I think he means that you place 1 quadrant for 25 munitions, which will turn into 3 mines S-mines on completion.

On the subject of S-mines, I think all they need is the removal of the damn signs. Right now, if you hit a mine (or see the signs in advance), you can often just walk around the minefield. If there would be no signs, it would much harder to predict where the field is after you hit one of the mines, which would greatly increase the areal denial effect of the S-mines.

is it just me or do the signs not appear 100% of the time? sometimes they are there, other times they are not.
10 Jan 2014, 00:13 AM

This a joke? It can't fight off infantry.It CAN only beat a t34, assuming it Hardee irst shots. Rarely does any tank other then a t34 need to circle strafe a Stug 3. In ordr to get any use out of it it needs a vet 1 ability. Which for a tank that is already weak sauce is not a given.

Oh poor little you all you have is an Su 85... whatever shall you do. I know, sit back and see and tank snipe everything then hit reverse when in trouble.

Are you suggesting that an SU85 can fight off infantry?? Also why woukd you not circle strafe a stug? Taking pointless damage doesnt really seem like a sound strat unless you like repairing vehicles.

I'm not saying that there is an issue with the SU85's AT ability, all I'm getting at is that it is harder to use assault guns properly than it is to use real tanks. Also just because a stug3 is harder to use than the slightly more expensive p4 doesn't mean that the stug itself needs to be buffed. A stug3 in the hands of a good player does surprisingly well against enemy tanks and can be a viable AT option when there are not enough resources available to tech to panthers.

If stugs were buffed like a lot of people want them to be (either by making them better or by lowering the cost significantly) it could produce a balance issue rather than fixing anything. However along the same lines I don't quite understand why its hitbox was adjusted ... That seemed like a silly and unnecessary move unless I'm missing something which I very well could be.
10 Jan 2014, 01:48 AM

Are you suggesting that an SU85 can fight off infantry?? Also why woukd you not circle strafe a stug? Taking pointless damage doesnt really seem like a sound strat unless you like repairing vehicles.

I'm not saying that there is an issue with the SU85's AT ability, all I'm getting at is that it is harder to use assault guns properly than it is to use real tanks. Also just because a stug3 is harder to use than the slightly more expensive p4 doesn't mean that the stug itself needs to be buffed. A stug3 in the hands of a good player does surprisingly well against enemy tanks and can be a viable AT option when there are not enough resources available to tech to panthers.

If stugs were buffed like a lot of people want them to be (either by making them better or by lowering the cost significantly) it could produce a balance issue rather than fixing anything. However along the same lines I don't quite understand why its hitbox was adjusted ... That seemed like a silly and unnecessary move unless I'm missing something which I very well could be.

Stugs III are poor at what they do, and getting vet on them would be nice but it is hard to do, especially as the game goes on. The recent bug in target weak point has not helped their case. Even before since Stugs don't get much of an armor buff most tanks can take them down in 2 or at most 3 shots. Mark target on a Stug is just ugly.

In my experience Stugs and SU85's fair equally well against infantry. Since 85's have more time to fire, and stugs really only have a mg. Stug's are so weak as to be unusable, and their slightly better AT stats don't get put to use since they are so so vulnerable to everything. Problem is if my opponent goes T34 and I look for the counter (Stug) it under performs in almost every way. I am willing to bet Stug's will get buffed soon.
10 Jan 2014, 10:08 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jan 2014, 00:13 AMakula

is it just me or do the signs not appear 100% of the time? sometimes they are there, other times they are not.

I wondered that too, but after having been on the receiving end a few times, I started experimenting.

The trick seems to be in the positioning. If you get it right, the sign will be behind an object at standard angle. Or it will be close to another object that obscures a quick perception of it. E.g. some of the dead animals or the greyish trunks.

As usual, map awareness rules!
10 Jan 2014, 11:06 AM

After playing some games recently I don't have any issues with Shock Troopers coming out at 1CP. In fact I usually like when my opponent does that because it means easier time for me :). A single MG42, when used correctly, counters Shocks big time! When they smoke, just re position, and they will get caught and suppressed again.
In fact I have more issues with Guards as this means I can't go light vehicles as it's usually waste of resources.
If there is any Soviet unit or strat I struggle with it's the 120 mm mortar heavy build.
10 Jan 2014, 15:56 PM

"just re position, and they will get caught and suppressed again"

This is only possible if you have a spotter and you started packing up before they popped smoke, or else they will be on your ass like white on Susan Rice.

In coh2 I suck hard like a 2 dollar ...well ya know. But 120mm mortar spam hasn't been effective for a while now, even against me. I feel like your trying to pull an oke doke on us...
10 Jan 2014, 16:09 PM

"just re position, and they will get caught and suppressed again"

This is only possible if you have a spotter and you started packing up before they popped smoke, or else they will be on your ass like white on Susan Rice.

In coh2 I suck hard like a 2 dollar ...well ya know. But 120mm mortar spam hasn't been effective for a while now, even against me. I feel like your trying to pull an oke doke on us...

I did this many times and it always works. You have plenty of time to re position. Granted Shock Troops were suppressed at the time of smoke, but if they weren't that's a bad MG42 play or you were out flanked.
10 Jan 2014, 16:13 PM

A user of shock troops who waits to get suppressed before throwing a smoke grenade can probably be beat by using grens alone. A player who knows how to use shocks, will smoke before getting suppressed and run into your face full bore.
10 Jan 2014, 16:16 PM

A user of shock troops who waits to get suppressed before throwing a smoke grenade can probably be beat by using grens alone. A player who knows how to use shocks, will smoke before getting suppressed and run into your face full bore.

I'll repeat. I use this tactic myself and it works every time.
I keep my MG42 as a second line unit. I don't spearhead with it.
13 Jan 2014, 23:46 PM

I'll repeat. I use this tactic myself and it works every time.
I keep my MG42 as a second line unit. I don't spearhead with it.

Buls.......it
14 Jan 2014, 02:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jan 2014, 23:46 PMRudo

Buls.......it

It's easier to whine than gain some skill isn't?
14 Jan 2014, 09:03 AM

Oz, it seems like your playing against some dumbass opponents. They either smoke before and go in and nade you. Or go in get suppressed , use smoke, and throw a nade at the new deployed spot. Kill 1-2 of your crew, if you don't retreat by them your most likely dead since shocks can still do some great dps even though they are suppressed. Then kill off your mg42 entirely, steal it, and they receive a shock troop mg42, the best anti infantry unit in the game.

Or simply post a replay.

If this is 1 vs 1, I just go for an early flametrack. If this 2 vs 2 then, I tend to rush to ostwind. Either way they should be 2 cp. I personally like guards more though.
14 Jan 2014, 10:16 AM

It's not like that DietBrownie.
When I manage to catch Shocks in MG42 arc of fire and suppress them and they are trying to break the suppression with smoke nade and then come at me once more under cover of smoke all I have to do is re position and they will get caught once again, suppressed and forced to retreat. It really works every time for me.
Sometimes MG42 gets flanked and that's normal but then I consider myself overextending rather then calling unit OP.
I go double MG42 when my opponent spams Shocks.
When I loose to Soviet is not because I couldn't deal with Shocks. It's usually because my opponent was better or he used Soviet Industry which I still find OP.
Together with Tiger Ace but I am guilty of steamrolling some poor guys in 3v3 myself with it so I guess that's all right.
14 Jan 2014, 11:02 AM

Oz, it seems like your playing against some dumbass opponents. They either smoke before and go in and nade you. Or go in get suppressed , use smoke, and throw a nade at the new deployed spot. Kill 1-2 of your crew, if you don't retreat by them your most likely dead since shocks can still do some great dps even though they are suppressed. Then kill off your mg42 entirely, steal it, and they receive a shock troop mg42, the best anti infantry unit in the game.

Or simply post a replay.

If this is 1 vs 1, I just go for an early flametrack. If this 2 vs 2 then, I tend to rush to ostwind. Either way they should be 2 cp. I personally like guards more though.

Really?

I've used MG42's against Shocks effectively by doing exactly what Oz has said. The suppression gives you enough time to reposition. If you use your MG42 unsupported then to be honest you deserve to lose the game. They are NOT units that survive unsupported, you need the rest of your forces around to give support.

Double MG's are also great against shocks, you can just trap them in a kill zone, even if they throw a smoke grenade. And again obviously the two machine guns are supported by grenadiers and other units. This prevents flanking. Also when the shocks throw smoke a rifle grenade can cause major damage while they are suppressed.

I still don't think shocks belong at 1 CP but at the moment that is what we have to deal with.
14 Jan 2014, 19:27 PM

Really?

I've used MG42's against Shocks effectively by doing exactly what Oz has said. The suppression gives you enough time to reposition. If you use your MG42 unsupported then to be honest you deserve to lose the game. They are NOT units that survive unsupported, you need the rest of your forces around to give support.

Double MG's are also great against shocks, you can just trap them in a kill zone, even if they throw a smoke grenade. And again obviously the two machine guns are supported by grenadiers and other units. This prevents flanking. Also when the shocks throw smoke a rifle grenade can cause major damage while they are suppressed.

I still don't think shocks belong at 1 CP but at the moment that is what we have to deal with.

Well I never use mg42s, I'm saying this is what I do to MG42s.
15 Jan 2014, 04:35 AM

Well I never use mg42s, I'm saying this is what I do to MG42s.

and that is the problem.
15 Jan 2014, 06:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jan 2014, 04:35 AMwongtp

and that is the problem.

Not really. I'm not complaining about Mg42s or shocks. Im just saying that method wouldn't work. But I misunderstood what he said. If you play against something you know its strengths while if you use it, you know its weaknesses better.
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS