Login

russian armor

Scout Cars

28 Dec 2013, 16:16 PM

No, the Scout Cars started seeing less action use due to a combination of the MG nerf+extra starting MP, which enabled more T2 play for Soviets and less Snipers on the field, as well as the veterancy fix. Before you could rush out a Scout Car, grab some easy kills before the AT nades hit the field and reach Vet 2 for 50% more health. That no longer happens.

I think the Scout Car has a role, and it is quite cheap after all, but I would be interested to see it experimented around a 50% extra health for additional cost or something along those lines.
28 Dec 2013, 18:24 PM

People stopped using Scout cars after the vet nerfs. Not many people even used them in the first place. What role do you think the scout car fills? One that can't be done without spending 20 fuel?

If I want recon I just use a sacrificial pio or gren squad. Costs more mp but no fuel and I can possibly retreat and save them. And they can do other things.

Any combat duties would go to the half trak.It can fight, reinforce, not die by flames or being sneezed at. More expensive but worth 6 scout cars,for what scout cars can do that is.
28 Dec 2013, 21:16 PM

I think it should be 15 fuel to be honest. I mean yeah it has a rotating MG42 and would be less fuel by 5 than the soviet jeep whatever car. In its defense though it can't carry troops and its upgrade is 70mu, which is still expensive in the early game.
29 Dec 2013, 00:24 AM

It's a good off-flank guard due to it's long sight and high infantry damage for the (relatively) small investment. With spotting scopes it makes an excellent spotter for artillery and the like in team games, or even scouting an advance. If you upgrade the cannon you have an excellent light vehicle killer (though for a bit too much cost imho) and at least in my opinion one of the best Katyusha hunters in the game. You don't even really need the cannon for it, but it helps. It's also -the- counter to Soviet Snipers, though you obviously have to be careful around Guards Rifle.
30 Dec 2013, 00:08 AM

I use it mostly in my games to harrass lone cons squads or combat engineer squads. To my experience it distrupts soviet players a little because it seems to become the number 1 priority to kill.

Well, if you are going an infantry heavy german build you can get one to try to bait the sov player into choosing a guard doctrine. perhaps
30 Dec 2013, 00:14 AM

The 221 in teamgames are good, combined with the spotting scope it's a REAL recon vehicle.

In 1v1s it's only worth getting it of your oppponent went for T1, otherwise don't, it is just a resource sink. And also pray for not hitting a mine before doing some damage which is BS due to the 30 ammo costs mines.

But yeah......it could use some HP buff and the cost of the autocannon upgrade changed to like 40-50 ammo, the germans always have something else to spend their ammo on.
30 Dec 2013, 10:04 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Dec 2013, 00:08 AMMackie
I use it mostly in my games to harrass lone cons squads or combat engineer squads. To my experience it distrupts soviet players a little because it seems to become the number 1 priority to kill.

Well, if you are going an infantry heavy german build you can get one to try to bait the sov player into choosing a guard doctrine. perhaps

Good points. And the value you can expect to get from such a cheap unit.

I don't think it's fair to expect it to perform anything like a Puma for the 5 fuel adjustment or what not that was suggested elsewhere.

I still prefer the 221 to the M3 as it is today.
30 Dec 2013, 10:12 AM

Both German and Soviet scout cars could use HP buff so they are not one shoted by Faust/ AT Nade.
30 Dec 2013, 10:30 AM

Good points. And the value you can expect to get from such a cheap unit.

I don't think it's fair to expect it to perform anything like a Puma for the 5 fuel adjustment or what not that was suggested elsewhere.

I still prefer the 221 to the M3 as it is today.

No one is asking for it to be the puma, a simple hp buff would get the trick done. Of course it's price should also be raised to coincide. The price is perfectly fine for what we get at the moment, the problem is that it's stats don't really fit into a niche very well to consider consistant use. I think the SU-76 suffers from the same problem too.
1 Jan 2014, 21:07 PM

What I read is ppl asking for something like the Puma (and the Puma was directly mentioned): a unit that can engage infantry and drive them off.

While that may be an option by simply increasing the price, I also feel that some players are just being too lazy here. They don't want the hazzle of having to kite infantry. They want an anti-infantry tank that they can park in the middle of the conscript blob.

Well, you know what? I don't like that kind of game. I'm perfectly all right with 221/2 and M3 being paper tanks they are.
1 Jan 2014, 22:23 PM

What I read is ppl asking for something like the Puma (and the Puma was directly mentioned): a unit that can engage infantry and drive them off.

While that may be an option by simply increasing the price, I also feel that some players are just being too lazy here. They don't want the hazzle of having to kite infantry. They want an anti-infantry tank that they can park in the middle of the conscript blob.

Well, you know what? I don't like that kind of game. I'm perfectly all right with 221/2 and M3 being paper tanks they are.

I wouldn't mind the m3 and Sdkfz. 222 being paper tanks if there only wasn't this horrible pathfinding and lag.

8 out of 10 times I lose them because they get stuck on a flagpole or tree.
1 Jan 2014, 23:04 PM
Patrion 14

I wouldn't mind the m3 and Sdkfz. 222 being paper tanks if there only wasn't this horrible pathfinding and lag.

8 out of 10 times I lose them because they get stuck on a flagpole ore tree.

Very true. Pathfinding for wheeled vehicles seem to be alot poorer than tracked overall. Katyusha is possibly the worst one.
1 Jan 2014, 23:15 PM

I think the worst is the German HT myself. I have seen it try to reverse itself towards the enemy randomly on minsk...
1 Jan 2014, 23:20 PM

It's because they don't have any crush, so the pathfinding fucks up epically every time there is a wall or tree.
2 Jan 2014, 00:48 AM

I absolutely love the AC in vCOH and was very, very good at kiting. Right now the 222 does not matter one bit how much you try to kite. Hoorah + AT nade ends it (amongst almost anything else), and at max range the damage is pitiful. Add to that terrible pathfinding (as mentioned) and things start to get really ugly. To be fair the lightly armored AC in vCOH was able to stand up to small arms fire, unless it was an mg (or Bars). That is all I am asking for, a car that is good against infantry to be able to shoot at infantry. Obviously, if it gets better it needs a price increase. I don't want the puma, that would not be fair in T2.
2 Jan 2014, 09:52 AM

Perhaps the 221/2 is simply lacking an overdrive option (or does it in fact have that? Not sure).
2 Jan 2014, 13:45 PM

Perhaps the 221/2 is simply lacking an overdrive option (or does it in fact have that? Not sure).

That doesn't do anything, the scout car is just too squishy to fight.A simple AT-Nade or shock troops walking to you shooting at scout car is enough for your unit to dissapear
2 Jan 2014, 13:52 PM

Scout car and T70 need some camuflage option in heavy cover and hold fire ability. Alternative sniper recon.
2 Jan 2014, 19:01 PM

PE ACs were effective BECAUSE they had that starcraft ubermensch laser of death attached to them. Other than that even properly microed BAR blobs would shred them. IMHO, it would do the SC well to give it a real 20mm--it could NEVER have been so useless in real life as to miss infantry at 50m with near 85% certainty.
2 Jan 2014, 19:12 PM

Its an over all useless unit in general. In 2v2s they're a joke most of the time. If one player goes guards they are rendered useless. and even if they don't they still have low chances of surviving a long time. Definitely not worth what u pay for.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 28
unknown 4
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak