Login

russian armor

Reliable way to kill Panthers?

20 Dec 2013, 23:25 PM

So Panthers.. Cheap, fast, good armor, and can win against ANY soviet tank with micro..

Is there a reliable way to kill it?
Currently, if the Germans have at least one fuel point, they can easily build Panthers and win. Solutions:
- Spam mines(Doesn't work in the heat of a battle, and a chance it will be blown up or not triggered)
-Capture all fuel points(Not always possible)

So it's a bit easy to kill ONE Panther if you are lucky enough to slow it down, with

-A lot of T-34s and good micro

- A KV-2 and luck

- A vet 2 KV-1 and luck

But with multiple Panthers on the field it seems you have already lost, unless you have a million tanks + Pay2win commanders

20 Dec 2013, 23:28 PM

Yup, I can only agree..

Even if you do manage to get this bitch close to death, it'll reverse with it's hyperdrive...

Even worse if it's vet 1..

This reminds me of the closed beta..
20 Dec 2013, 23:46 PM

Why don't you play OH and try to do panthers and win. I guarantee you it is not as easy as you say. You will learn a lot of things about your own game mistakes.
20 Dec 2013, 23:48 PM
Patrion 14

They were ALOT tougher in closed beta. Remember the AI is horrid on this tank. AT-nade then Use a zis or two, or in combination with a su85.

Never counter a dedicated AT tank with tanks. Kind of defeats the purpose. IF they for some strange reason build panthers when you got one (well supported) or no tanks, they really did a poor choice.
21 Dec 2013, 00:18 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Button + Mark target.

Mines
21 Dec 2013, 05:23 AM

You've definitley got to connect some form of engine damage. Panthers are dangerous when mobile, but if you stop them moving they are no-so-good.

AT nade or Ram or Button or something like that. Then focus fire.

I've said it in a thread before.... You may even consider not destroying the tank and leave it on the field damaged.... This would mean the OST have to focus man power and resources to repairing the tank, maimed on the field.

21 Dec 2013, 13:47 PM

Only reliable counter is AT guns. Without all penetration bulletins for AT guns your going to need at least 3 guns. If you have all of the penetration bulletins you can do it with 2 guns. I would always suggest 3, but the micro becomes really fucking tedious - especially with incendiary strikes being called in etc.. etc...
21 Dec 2013, 15:04 PM

There is none. Especially if they get vet 1 + smoke.

You can try to zone them out with ZiS guns/mines. If you don`t have the mines ready have cons/guards around to slow them down in case they charge at you with their superman speed.

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Dec 2013, 23:48 PMLe Wish

Never counter a dedicated AT tank with tanks. Kind of defeats the purpose. IF they for some strange reason build panthers when you got one (well supported) or no tanks, they really did a poor choice.

Interesting that the same argumentation didn`t work back when ppl spammed PIVs against su-85s and complained how su-85s were OP...just sayin.
23 Dec 2013, 13:50 PM

I always focus my late game build on getting two vet3 guard squads and 3 T34's

Vet3 guards are super durable, they can simply stand in front of panther and receive almost zero damage from its main gun. One T34 will ram panther and cancel any ability to escape, the other two just finish it. Guards take turns and button.

If the enemy rushes his pioneers squads to repair it, use guards grenades.

It works very well even against two panthers at same time. It just feels wrong that it takes an army to destroy a single German tank while panther can just run around and two shot your T34 and Su85 by its own.
23 Dec 2013, 14:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Dec 2013, 13:50 PMtokarev
It just feels wrong that it takes an army to destroy a single German tank while panther can just run around and two shot your T34 and Su85 by its own.
Really? I almost thought the Panther was meant to counter tanks and be cost effective. Good you pointed that out.

Also it doesn´t two-shot any tank but T-70. For T-34 and Su85 it needs 4 penetrating hits.

If you want to take on a Panther with armor you should fail.

What feels much more weird is that the Su-85 has more range than a German tank or that one stupid ram or button totally cripples Panthers. What feels weird is that StuGs are totally outclassed by Su-85. But god forbid that the Germans actually get a decent tank, which btw is still horribly tuned down for balance purposes already.

Advice: Any combination of anti tank will counter Panthers: That means either ZIS/SU85/ IS-2/ T-34/85 and Mines/ Guards/ At-nades/ ram or mark target (to break the laws of physics) will get the Panther.
23 Dec 2013, 17:31 PM

Really? I almost thought the Panther was meant to counter tanks and be cost effective. Good you pointed that out.

Also it doesn´t two-shot any tank but T-70. For T-34 and Su85 it needs 4 penetrating hits.

If you want to take on a Panther with armor you should fail.

What feels much more weird is that the Su-85 has more range than a German tank or that one stupid ram or button totally cripples Panthers. What feels weird is that StuGs are totally outclassed by Su-85. But god forbid that the Germans actually get a decent tank, which btw is still horribly tuned down for balance purposes already.

Advice: Any combination of anti tank will counter Panthers: That means either ZIS/SU85/ IS-2/ T-34/85 and Mines/ Guards/ At-nades/ ram or mark target (to break the laws of physics) will get the Panther.

Well, I always appreciate irony you always respond to my posts with, Cardboard Tank.

But I never meant to say that Panther is OP or anything like that. All I wanted to say that it takes a lot more effort for Soviets to kill Panther than for Germans to knock out ... lets say IS-2.

By the way, when you were choosing your nick name were you thinking of T-34?)
23 Dec 2013, 17:35 PM

And yeah, one more thing - 3 T-34's can easily defeat Panther even if she is supported by pios. I don't have documented proof but I am sure some peeps will agree. Of course, you will barely walk away with a single damaged T-34 but that Panther will be dead.
23 Dec 2013, 21:53 PM

I would not call it cheap at all... (Teching and building cost and such...)

It sucks ass against infantry, charge it with cons to at-nade it or guards to button. Bring a zis' or su-85s once it's immobilized.

Mines also work wonders since oh players are often tempted to overextend.

A t-34 pack can also bring it down quickly when landing a successful ram.

Mark target is always great especially combined with t-34/85s.

Keyword is combined arms. But yes a Panther is absolutely deadly in the hands of a skilled player as is pretty much every other tank in the game.
24 Dec 2013, 00:06 AM

since this tank is mostly used for fast flanking attacks. mining the chokes on your flanks easily stops this tank.
24 Dec 2013, 12:48 PM

Also I'd like to point out that the panther's rear and side armor are significantly weaker than its front armor. Flanking it is a reliable way to counter it.
25 Dec 2013, 04:24 AM

So Panthers.. Cheap, fast, good armor, and can win against ANY soviet tank with micro..

Is there a reliable way to kill it?
Currently, if the Germans have at least one fuel point, they can easily build Panthers and win. Solutions:
- Spam mines(Doesn't work in the heat of a battle, and a chance it will be blown up or not triggered)
-Capture all fuel points(Not always possible)

So it's a bit easy to kill ONE Panther if you are lucky enough to slow it down, with

-A lot of T-34s and good micro

- A KV-2 and luck

- A vet 2 KV-1 and luck

But with multiple Panthers on the field it seems you have already lost, unless you have a million tanks + Pay2win commanders

The best way we can analyse the game is to post a replay. Post a replay and give the link to download it. I guarantee there are mistakes to be found. Mines are very effective for countering enemy armor. AT guns will definitely keep a Panther at bay. Buttoning works pretty well. There are a ton of options to deal with a Panther.
30 Dec 2013, 18:37 PM

It's all about combined arms :) AT nades or mines to immobilize them, than button and mark vehicle and they will be sitting ducks for your AT guns/tanks/infantry. The reigning days of German armor are over :)
31 Dec 2013, 20:31 PM

This reminded me of the beta days of the invincible panther. Those days of yore.

In regards to OP, as it has been stated previously, use infantry AT initially and then move in with armor to finish it off, neutralizing it's mobility is they key.

That being said, is is largely regarded as being the most effective tank of WWII (some believe it is the progenitor to our modern MBTs) and so you should be afraid of it.
2 Jan 2014, 07:23 AM

Yeah, best tank of the war, and it's not doctrinal. Meanwhile, the t-34/85 which was the workhorse of the Soviet army and manufactured in the 10s of thousands is doctrinal and overpriced and is minor improvement over the cruddy 76 model.
3 Jan 2014, 21:45 PM

More t34/76 were built than t34/85. Plus I think that the point is that if you could build t34/85 there really wouldn't be much of a point to building the regular t34. And they're not cruddy they just have to be used properly.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★